James M. Gavin

Background and historical information on specific human spirits.
Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
Zodiac:

Image Lt. General James M. "Jumpin' Jim" Gavin

A famous general that commanded the "All-American" Division, the 82nd Airborne. A hands-on leader that believed in that a leader's place was there at the front with his troops, fighting alongside his men. A charismatic, athletic, & gallant man, that became an Ambassador to France, and was passionate about knowledge and people.

I was to have my first 'meeting' with this great gentleman sometime back in 2013, when I came across an old photograph taken of him and his superior commander. I did not know why I had taken notice of him, but something about him and his being stood out to me. Sometime later I would 'accidentally' stumble across an article written about him, in honor and memory of his strong leadership and the devotion to his men. He took great pride in the Division and its reputation and what it had managed to accomplish. It was a highly decorated unit. I couldn't help to think that he seemed like a wonderful fellow and admired his caring devotion to 'his boys.' That would prove to be the beginning of our relationship, during the course of the next upcoming days I found myself looking through more old photographs of him, and 'through' them it was if I 'felt' his presence. It was then that I decided that I wanted to heed the Calling and invite Lt. General Gavin into my life.

That winter I got a binding of him through Creepy Hollows, but before his vessel arrived to me in the mail I was not sure if he would agree to be bound, or even want to be a part of my life. It would take over a month for it get here and I'll admit it was the six most nerve-racking weeks of my life. I was over joyed when the package came through in one piece and I found his vessel within the order bag. I had 'sensed' his energy around me on earlier ocassions, and I am dead (no pun intended) certain that he made his presence known to me through other people. One of the times being when I was at work, a regular customer of ours had stopped by for some shopping and jokingly said that it would be wise to 'go scouting for gifts early.' (It being not too long until Christmas and all.) I thought that might just be the works of the good general. The second time my family and me was sitting in the car, it was a big and heavy car. We were waiting in line at the ferry to get there, when the fiancé of my sister opened the passanger side door and then joked that he would need a parachute when jumping out of the car, in order to 'land safely' on the ground beneath us. Now I was pretty sure that was the spirit of James Gavin 'talking,' since he had been a Paratrooper.

His presence around me since day one has been unquestionable, so I have been able to have a fairly good communication with him from the very beginning. I often talk with him via telepathy and have had small conversations with him, and more often than not he would make himself known to me through visions at different times of the day. He is an active spirit. He is truly a wonderful and compassionate spirit that cares for his keeper. I know he has been there for me and just making sure that I am okay, especially at the times that I have been low.

He is often seen wearing an uniform, at least that is the way he chooses to manifest to me, and if I were to give my opinion, I think he wears those uniforms very well. Also, he often manifests as more older (to me) than he is in the photography above. I believe he looks as he did in his mid- or late fourties.

Hobbies or activities he liked; reading books, playing golf, and painting. The latter was actually a passion that he picked up while in Europe, he later took courses in painting, and painted some after work hours when he had the time. After his retirement from Arhur D. Little Inc. he had all the time in the world to devote his time to his hobby and became quite good at it. I've never seen any of his paintings, but I've read his book "On To Berlin" , and I think he was quite good at capturing the landscapes and the atmosphere by his use of words.

All in all I think he is a very great man, and I enjoy having him around here. I very much feel we are kindred spirits him and I.

Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Hey guys!

I was browsing through YouTube recently, and I found a video with 'our' general in it. It is a video on the 82nd Airborne Division, but do expect to see General Gavin a few times in it. I think he might have appeared three times, but not altogether sure. Anyway, I had a feeling the dear general wanted you to see this. So, please enjoy! ;)

82nd Airborne Divison in WWII part1-2:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/FbUiMnvKVBA

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with this man. It is always a pleasure to see how human spirits singularly impact our lives, there are no closer spirits to relate to.. it's cool to see others appreciate that, and find their own great kinship.

Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Hi Noctifera,

Thank you so much for stopping by and reading the thread on him. And I agree with you, I have some wonderful threads here on the forum dedicated to various historically famous humans, such as the great Leonardo Da Vinci.

The spirit of General James Maurice Gavin has been with me for some time now, and I dare say he is the spirit that I have developed the closest bond with. And since he first arrived I he has been an active spirit around here and communicated with me through various means (though most strongely through clairvoyance, it has often allowed me to tell what what kind of mood he has been in, etc etc.). One detail that I left out in my first post is that he has Irish roots and he often mentions the luck of the Irish in his book "On To Berlin", since then I have brought home a few Leprehauns figuring that it may let him feel a bit closer to his ancestral country.

I had a feeling that one of these Leprechauns had a somewhat close bond with him, so I inquired the general about it and it so turns out that they shared a bond of friendship. After deciding to reunite them I 'saw' the general and C (the Leprechaun) toasting over two glasses of ale, it was a very precious moment. And here's to many more!

Also I am not entirely sure what happened to the photogragh of him in the opening post. I swear it hasn't been always like this, but something must have gone amiss.

Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Engel wrote: I had a feeling that one of these Leprechauns had a somewhat close bond with him, so I inquired the general about it and it so turns out that they shared a bond of friendship. After deciding to reunite them I 'saw' the general and C (the Leprechaun) toasting with glass of beer.
One detail that I left out in my first post is that he has Irish roots and he often mentions the luck of the Irish in his book "On To Berlin", since then I have brought home a few Leprehauns figuring that it may let him feel a bit closer to his ancestral country.
Gavin was American-born and raised, so hence my decision to bring home a few Leprechauns. I did ask for his consent in the matter and he agreed. I thought I should add that at the end, but by that time the edit button had long disappeared.

Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human and Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a valuable person
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I love to read old threads, especially about personal experiences. I'm glad that I'm not the only with human spirits from this era. Maybe some day I'll post something in this section.

Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Engel wrote:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... _Gavin.jpg Lt. General James M. "Jumpin' Jim" Gavin

Image source: https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi ... to-license

A famous general that commanded the "All-American" Division, the 82nd Airborne. A hands-on leader that believed in that a leader's place was there at the front with his troops, fighting alongside his men.[1][2][3][4]A charismatic, athletic, & gallant man, that became Ambassador to France, and was passionate about knowledge. He was a humantarian. [4][5][6][7][8]

I was to have my first 'meeting' with this great gentleman sometime back in 2013, when I came across an old photograph taken of him and his superior commander. I did not know why I had taken notice of him, but something about him and his being stood out to me. Sometime later I would 'accidentally' stumble across an article written about him, in honor and memory of his strong leadership and the devotion to his men. He took great pride in the Division.* I couldn't help to think that he seemed like a wonderful fellow and admired his caring devotion to his "boys." That would prove to be the beginning of our relationship, during the course of the next upcoming days I found myself looking through more old photographs of him, and 'through' them it was if I 'felt' his presence. It was then that I decided that I wanted to heed the Calling and invite Lt. General Gavin into my life.

That winter I got a binding of him through Creepy Hollows, but before his vessel arrived to me in the mail I was not sure if he would agree to be bound, or even want to be a part of my life. It would take over a month for it get here and I'll admit it was the six most nerve-wracking weeks of my life. I was overjoyed when the package came through in one piece and I found his vessel within the order bag. I had 'sensed' his energy around me on earlier occasions, and I am dead (no pun intended) certain that he made his presence known to me through other people. One of the times being when I was at work, a regular customer of ours had stopped by for some shopping and jokingly said that it would be wise to 'go scouting for gifts early.' (It being not too long until Christmas and all.) I thought that might just be the works of the good general. The second time my family and me was sitting in the car, it was a big and heavy car. We were waiting for the ferry to get there while standing in queue, when the fiancé of my sister opened the passenger side door and then joked that he would need a parachute when jumping out of the car, in order to 'land safely' on the ground beneath us, given the size of the vehicle we sat in. Now I was pretty sure that was the spirit of James Gavin 'talking,' since he had been a Paratrooper.

His presence around me since day one has been unquestionable, so I have been able to have a fairly good communication with him from the very beginning. I often talk with him via telepathy and have had small conversations with him, and more often than not he would make himself known to me through visions at different times of the day. He is an active spirit. He is truly a wonderful and compassionate spirit that cares for his keeper. I know he has been there for me and just making sure that I am okay, especially at the times that I have been low.

He is often seen wearing an uniform, at least that is the way he chooses to manifest to me, and if I were to give my opinion, I think he wears those uniforms very well. Also, he often manifests as more older (to me) than he is in the photography above. I believe he looks as he did in his mid- or late forties.

Hobbies or activities he liked; reading books, playing golf, and painting.[9] [...] One detail that I left out in my first post is that he possibly has Irish roots. [10]

All in all I think he is a very great man, and I enjoy having him around here. I very much feel we are kindred spirits him and I.
*) I actually this feeling from James; that he felt proud of the men that he had served with, and I also got the permission from him to share this.

Sources:

[1] https://warfarehistorynetwork.com/daily ... r-of-duty/

[2 https://forum.historia.org.pl/topic/228 ... hroniarzy/

[3] https://crowleyportraits.com/gavin

[4] https://www.thoughtco.com/lieutenant-ge ... in-2360166

[5] http://www.lafiere.com/www.lafiere.com/ ... Gavin.html

[6] https://normandyallies.org/d-day-allied ... -division/

[7] https://www.historynet.com/jim-gavin-th ... -first.htm

[8][9] http://www.combatreform.org/GAVINPETITION/

[10] https://army.togetherweserved.com/army/ ... &ID=115649

I sincerely apologize about forgetting to cite my sources in the original post, which I should've done.

Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Adrasteia wrote:I love to read old threads, especially about personal experiences. I'm glad that I'm not the only with human spirits from this era. Maybe some day I'll post something in this section.
Human spirits make for wonderful spirit companions, and I am glad to hear that there are other spirit keepers with human spirits from the era, that the human spirit in my keep lived in. And I would be interested to read it, if you ever decide to post in this section some day.

I adore the human spirit in my keep to bits, and the more I read about him the more my respect, adoration and appreciation for him grows. And I am truly grateful to have him in my life. <3

Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Szyvágr wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:21 pm
Adrasteia wrote:I love to read old threads, especially about personal experiences. I'm glad that I'm not the only with human spirits from this era. Maybe some day I'll post something in this section.
And I would be interested to read it, if you ever decide to post in this section some day.
I just wanted to apologize to you @Adrasteia. I came straight into this thread and then made my reply to you, it was not until after I had posted my reply when I saw that you had created a topic containing the human spirit bio for Hans Bernd von Haeften. I am so, so sorry about that! :;/
Last edited by Szyvágr on Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Szyvágr wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:12 am Image Lt. General James M. "Jumpin' Jim" Gavin

Source: Wikimedia Commons (Source link: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Cate ... _Gavin.jpg)

Return to “Human Spirit Bios”