Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

For this contest we want you to name a woman who has vastly impacted the face of magick. It can be a woman from any time, any time, and can be well-known or obscure. If you are going to nominate an obscure woman please give a little background for the readers :)

The winner of this contest is going to win a gift basket of crystals from Magnolia.

The winner will be chosen by popular vote in the Forum & the Creepy Crew staff.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
CatalpaSourwood
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 70
Your favorite spirit to work with: Hellhound
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Catalpa Sourwood

Can this include immortals as well Mags?

Abundance
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

Someone from history I greatly admire, is Pamela Colman Smith; she designed and illustrated one of if not the most famous tarot deck, along with doing work for Bram Stoker. She was a feminist, and a member of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn. From what I've read, she didn't receive much money or accolades for her beautiful artistry.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

I'll nominate you (i.e. Magnolia from Creepy Hollows), for this forum and the BOTP:)

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Sharon
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 5
Zodiac:

Dion Fortune was born Violet Mary Firth in Llandudno, North Wales on 6th December 1890. She founded the Community (later Fraternity and then Society) of the Inner Light, after spending time as a member of both the Theosophical Society and of the Alpha et Omega Temple of the former Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn. The Fraternity soon became an initiatory school of high calibre and is still continuing to this day, 70 years after her death.

Dion Fortune wrote several esoteric novels to illustrate the possible practical application of the content of her textbooks and articles in her house journal, the Inner Light Magazine. She pioneered the popular exposition of the Qabalah as a key to the Western Mystery Tradition with her book The Mystical Qabalah. Her other important works included The Cosmic Doctrine

surest
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

Thoth : l nominate Thoth, the ancient Egyptian woman who who invented numbers and letters. And in her bequest were H.P. Blavatsky's famed secret doctrines. Aleister Crowley commended her immensely for the legacy she left behind and later produced many tarot decks in her honor. You can check out for Thoth tarot decks. It is also worthy remembering that the whole Greece designated the word " Hermes" in her tribute , which later became an offshoot of the " hermetic order of the golden down" hence my nomination.

Esoteric scientist

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

surest wrote:Thoth : l nominate Thoth, the ancient Egyptian woman who who invented numbers and letters. And in her bequest were H.P. Blavatsky's famed secret doctrines. Aleister Crowley commended her immensely for the legacy she left behind and later produced many tarot decks in her honor. You can check out for Thoth tarot decks. It is also worthy remembering that the whole Greece designated the word " Hermes" in her tribute , which later became an offshoot of the " hermetic order of the golden down" hence my nomination.
Thoth is a woman?
Is there a reference for this? Since most said Thoth is an Egyptian god, whose female counterpart is either Seshat or Maat:I

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Amethyst_Light
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 10

I nominate Fiona Broome. Even her last name sounds witchy, right?! 1mg

I think that she is the most significant paranormal researcher of our time and, most importantly, she is responsible for naming and bringing awareness to the biggest occult phenomenon of the century, The Mandela Effect! For those of you not familiar with the Mandela Effect, briefly; Company logos, legendary phrases from movies, historic events, and even bible verses have suddenly changed in a significant percent of the general population. What makes this effect to bizarre is that not only people's memories seemed to have changed, but the actual physical movies and books themselves that people have owned in their homes have changed! It's like a group of people around the world, suddenly woke up to an alternate reality where the children's book is no longer the Berenstein Bears but the BerenSTAIN Bears, Darth Vader no longer says "Luke, I am your father" but "NO, I am your father", the Staples logo and the Ford logos now have been stylized differently with the companies stating that the logo has never changed....and the list goes on and on!

Fiona Broome will go down in history for naming this magickal phenomenon "The Mandela Effect" after the trigger that started it all being that some people remember Nelson Mandela dying in prison in the 1980's and some people remember Nelson Mandela being the President of Africa and then dying in 2013.

Here is some information about her form her bio: For over 35 years, Fiona Broome has been an author, researcher and paranormal consultant. (Yes, she started very young.) She studies topics related to ghosts, faeries, paranormal patterns, ley lines, and alternate history (such as the Mandela Effect). Fiona is able to predict anomalies such as hauntings and UFO reports. Ms. Broome is the world’s top paragenealogist. She uses historical and genealogical resources to uncover reasons why certain locations — and people — trigger more paranormal activity than others.

Fiona sold her first “ghost story” to Fate magazine in the early 1980s. Since then, she’s been a reliable information resource in a variety of paranormal fields. She’s written or contributed to over a dozen best-selling books. She’s also been a consultant for paranormal TV shows and the stars on them. Fiona is the founder of one of the Internet’s oldest ghost-related websites, HollowHill.com — now Ghosts101.com — and she’s written more than 1,000 articles for magazines and websites. Fiona has been a speaker and panelist at a wide range of international events including the New England Ghost Conference, GhoStock, Central Texas Paranormal Conference, and Canada’s annual G.H.O.S.T.S. conferences. Since 2006, she’s been a frequent, invited Guest and panelist at Dragon Con. Fiona has worked as a consultant behind the scenes on many TV shows, and advised the stars of them, including those on SyFy, Discovery, and the History Channel. She’s appeared on numerous TV and radio programs too.

She's a modern-day legend in the magical occult community and has now crossed over to pop-cult status!

~~ Dark wings, light heart :candlep:
surest
neophyte
neophyte

darkwing wrote:
surest wrote:Thoth : l nominate Thoth, the ancient Egyptian woman who who invented numbers and letters. And in her bequest were H.P. Blavatsky's famed secret doctrines. Aleister Crowley commended her immensely for the legacy she left behind and later produced many tarot decks in her honor. You can check out for Thoth tarot decks. It is also worthy remembering that the whole Greece designated the word " Hermes" in her tribute , which later became an offshoot of the " hermetic order of the golden down" hence my nomination.
Thoth is a woman?
Is there a reference for this? Since most said Thoth is an Egyptian god, whose female counterpart is either Seshat or Maat:I
Thank you, he was wrongly depicted in one of my dvd collections.

Esoteric scientist

conxtion
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gods
If I could be anything, I would be...: Above God
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Michael
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:For this contest we want you to name a woman who has vastly impacted the face of magick. It can be a woman from any time, any time, and can be well-known or obscure. If you are going to nominate an obscure woman please give a little background for the readers :)

The winner of this contest is going to win a gift basket of crystals from Magnolia.

The winner will be chosen by popular vote in the Forum & the Creepy Crew staff.
Hermione from Harry Potter. She brought the world if magick to little girls throughout the world.

Sent from my Lenovo A536 using Tapatalk

Wealth, Health and Happiness are my nature.

Return to “Events”