BRANDED IN INFAMY - THE RECORDS THAT AREN'T RECORDED

Kenza
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Then again Caiyros may well be right about our generation.
Many people I have seen , would not hesitate to shoot down such ideas about spirits,magick and occult as crap and what not.
Classmates I have had actually believed that we were the more advanced generation just because usage of technology comes easily to us.
(they didn't really like it when I pointed out it was the generation before us that invented all this technology,hence being the more advanced generation)
And yet there are still people like us who bother to look and find communities of like minded people and we try to learn as much as possible from said communities.

However some of us taking this path is also lost.
Sure there is knowledge floating around the internet but being able to find someone who is willing mentor you IRL is still as difficult when compared to people seeking apprenticeships in the past.(due to fear of getting ostracized)

I'm sure there are many of us in the "Brat Generation" who are really keen to learn more about the occult.

We just do not know how to go about and get started.

I myself am interested,but with all the information on the internet some correct,some half-truths,some very misleading,I find it very very difficult to find a starting point where I can almost be sure information I get is real.

Sorry if I offend anyone but that just a point of view from a 16 year old student

:lol:

Be totally vulnerable and Realize that you cannot be harmed.

–Bentinho Massaro
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

Kenza wrote:Then again Caiyros may well be right about our generation.
Many people I have seen , would not hesitate to shoot down such ideas about spirits,magick and occult as crap and what not.
Classmates I have had actually believed that we were the more advanced generation just because usage of technology comes easily to us.
(they didn't really like it when I pointed out it was the generation before us that invented all this technology,hence being the more advanced generation)
And yet there are still people like us who bother to look and find communities of like minded people and we try to learn as much as possible from said communities.

Sure there is knowledge floating around the internet but being able to find someone who is willing mentor you IRL is still as difficult when compared to people seeking apprenticeships in the past.(due to fear of getting ostracized)

I'm sure there are many of us in the "Brat Generation" who are really keen to learn more about the occult.

I myself am interested,but with all the information on the internet some correct,some half-truths,some very misleading,I find it very very difficult to find a starting point where I can almost be sure information I get is real.

Sorry if I offend anyone but that just a point of view from a 16 year old student

You are making a good deal of sense. And those who are offended by whta you or I or some oters have said is their problem, guilt trip, internal sense of worthlessness, laziness, a deficient ego that has a need to "Act Cool" in front of others, jealousness, and/or just plain ignorance and no desire to psuh their mind to learn anything that can't be read of a label. As for mysticism - its growing in leaps and bounds - the trick is to not turn it into another fundamentalist whacked -out series of creeds. The name of the game is Evolution into a Much Greater All-Encompassing "Way of Being" ..its simple...

A MEthod for Knowing Where We are All Going and having a good analytic sense of what's worthy of thin king about and what is a waste of time (without going into specific areas):

A General Overview can be learned by reading 7 books in any order:

Steppenwolf - Herman Hesse
Magister Ludi - The Glass Bead Game by Herman Hesse
Jnana (or Gnana) Yoga by Swami Vivekananda
Surfers of the Zevuya by Jose Arguilles
777 (A Book of Correspondences) by Aleister Crowley
Homer's Odyssey trans. W.D. Rouse
Zen Flesh Zen Bones - by Paul Reps
The Air Conditioned Nightmare by Henry Miller
The Doors of Perception by Aldous Huxley

That's the fast track way to create a way of dealing with the Occult, Mysticism, and personal mystical experiences. These books can create an internal roadmap for further exploration and learning using yourself as both teacher and student....Figuring on a reading of one book per week...in 9 weeks...you're good for go.

Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:
Comments in Line....

Caiyros, I think for some the more complex material is not understood, and therefore is lost. And the catty attitudes in the Occult will likely never change. Just Google any eBay seller or well-known paranormal practitioner's name and you'll see Rip Off Reports, Complaint posts, Petition sites, etc all abused for the reason of trying to "shoot down the competition". Its something you know is going to happen to some degree. It even happens when you get practitioners face to face. I know of a psychic who actually set fire to another's booth! It's ridiculous, but it happens. All you can do is forge ahead despite the childish behavior
>>>>>>>>>AT the present time what you say is true and will remain that way as long is it is in the shadows...What I am shooting for is to pull the Occult out of the Shadows (Which almost happened during the period 1970-75) and go mainstream. But for this to happen , Occultism has to include science, psychology, and methods and uses of personal development). Oddly, the most abstract psychic form for a long time has been totally accepted - Music and Dance. I know when I was living, working, and going to school in Northern Scotland, I met a Sufi Master, Dr. Mary Smith, and with several other people we learned the dancing of the Whirling Dervish - we weren't "show stopping material" but we did learn it and do it in ahuge one room 2nd floor of a castle...and we danced at fast circular and traveling speed while we were all blindfolded (and never colided), the things we turned into and the things we saw and experienced were totally wondrous....So, I think, that ther is now Occult Evolutiom and it must be supported as such. I see things like your Dynamic Discovery Sphere with all the rest of t...as one example of this helping significantly to make this evolution hapen, but I see seller reviews as a place where people loss their sense of personal testing directly of things and also as a form of negative branding.

Many preservation groups are gathering & protecting what is left. And they aren't going to post any of it on the internet for public viewing, it's the adage that a little good information in the wrong hands can make a lot of trouble... which is true in some cases. There's things Ash & I are still on the fence about discussing or sharing publicly because of the potential for unintended use. You have to weigh the pros & cons and decide, logically & responsibly, what is the outcome of this decision?

>>>>>There has to be educational evolution and I believe it is happening, but to use a metaphor of sorts..."out there - there's a lot of personal trash on the road and the garbage collectors (whom in all cases are among the noblest people on our planet) are also the educators...
But, I think we do have a pretty good library of recorded generation-to-generation works passed by mouth, as do many of our friends in the field who study the history & evolution of magick.

However, it doesn't even have to be the grandiose, it can be the simple rescuing of a cauldron, a journal, a grimoire, a cloak, a potion recipe book, etc. It can be any article that speaks to the practice of magick even just 40 years ago, 100 years ago, etc.

>>>>>>>I totally agree, and have a bunch of this kind of stuff. My witches frogstone has been in the family since the 1500s...and some of the humblest of things, can have a mystical value and goodness in some form, that is beyond belief....absolutely agree...

Being, now, in a far more tolerant society (for those of us living in countries where they don't capture & kill the witches anymore) it is an obligation to save the information we do have, to save the materials & items we do see, and keep our own records.

>>>>>>>YEs, the most recent witches to be burned to death (according to my records) is 2003 India

Knowledge is power, it really is, it isn't just my signature line, it's a true statement. Knowledge is the greatest power any of us will ever have.

>>>>>>Total agreement. Yup !!!

Yellk, I would recommend if you do not have a blood relative that does not practice, that you do not leave it the world per se, but leave it to an organization, to a museum, or to some responsible party that can take ownership of it and distribute as you desire; whether it be publish it publicly, or pass it to someone, etc. I would make sure that whatever you do record that you leave it to someone or somewhere that can care for it properly.

As I believe, it is good to "reinvent oneself or come up with new ideas for using Self. whatever" every 29 years (A Saturn Cycle) I intend to give away or donate a pile of stuff while I am still alive...

Caiyros..

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

::nice:: I loved reading this. But some of the stuff i'm reading here is kind of...sad..though. Referring to the loss of knowledge and the faults of current society.

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

YlleK, why not just bequeath it to Ash and Magnolia. You know that it would be taken care in their hands.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Kenza wrote:Then again Caiyros may well be right about our generation.

Kenza, I am in the same boat as you. That is why I am here, getting knowledge.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Empress M
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

It's an absolute travesty how so much knowledge was destroyed by the members of *that* faith.

Return to “Ash”