A thing that makes you go hummm!

We love fur babies around here! Share your pics & stories!
cnz
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 39
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Spriggan
If I could be anything, I would be...: A fae
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Enesidaone
Zodiac:

Kill a protected specie to save an overpopulated bird? Which one should I choose?? 1spt

Woman charged with killing hunter's falcon to save duck

http://news.yahoo.com/woman-charged-kil ... 49588.html

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I agree that she should be charged with killing a protected species. That's just wrong.

I thought, before I clicked on the link, that she was defending a personal pet duck from the hunter's falcon, but this was a wild bird.

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't bring myself to hunt, and if I had to kill my own animals for food, I'd turn vegetarian. But I also understand that there are hunters and fishers out there who are putting food on their table. Not everyone has lots of cash to throw around these days, so if people are supplementing their food supply by hunting/fishing for it (or are donating the meat they take to charity, like to a homeless shelter), I can't bring myself to criticize them.

But no matter what... if the man was hunting legally, this woman had no right to be cruel to his falcon, no matter what her personal opinion was of the hunting. Period and end of sentence.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
cnz
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 39
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Spriggan
If I could be anything, I would be...: A fae
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Enesidaone
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:I agree that she should be charged with killing a protected species. That's just wrong.

I thought, before I clicked on the link, that she was defending a personal pet duck from the hunter's falcon, but this was a wild bird.

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't bring myself to hunt, and if I had to kill my own animals for food, I'd turn vegetarian. But I also understand that there are hunters and fishers out there who are putting food on their table. Not everyone has lots of cash to throw around these days, so if people are supplementing their food supply by hunting/fishing for it (or are donating the meat they take to charity, like to a homeless shelter), I can't bring myself to criticize them.

But no matter what... if the man was hunting legally, this woman had no right to be cruel to his falcon, no matter what her personal opinion was of the hunting. Period and end of sentence.
I totally agree, it was wrong, just plain wrong. Now both birds are dead and her pocket will be too, after all is said an done! 1td

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

cnz wrote:
Likes2Read wrote:I agree that she should be charged with killing a protected species. That's just wrong.

I totally agree, it was wrong, just plain wrong. Now both birds are dead and her pocket will be too, after all is said an done! 1td
For that matter, even if he WASN'T hunting legally, that would be no excuse to be cruel to the falcon. Hit the HUNTER with the freaking beaded scarf, not the poor bird.

Her pocket SHOULD get a big dent in it. If I were the judge hearing that case, you can bet I'd take a dim view of harming an animal in this way.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 23
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I take it some people don't understand that a predator is something that eats meat and that meat is flesh and flesh is any animal that Can be killed and pray is flesh or meat that ether eats plants or smaller predators and that predators keep their pray in check so they don't kill themselves or the environment itself.

Not to mention if something is ment to be pray as its hard to not find one(not to be offensive)it's supposed to be killed and eaten like the tasty morsal it is not protected like a preshes little baby that it's not.If theirs plenty of something edible(pigs or for some people ginipigs)then why bother saving one your not attached to when hafe it's population is pray while the other is pet since unless they have a problem with not eating ms fuzzy after trying rabbit and likeing it people should be able to make that distinction.

Another thing that people seem to not notice is that unless your eating rocks well actuality chech your still takeing life to sustain your own and that means you aren't doing any better being vegitarion if not worse considering plants can't run and imagine if you were wheat or wheat was a person and what happens to turn that wheat to bread for what Purpus.

You'd think people would be understanding and desensitized to feeling like doing things like that when things are taken into consideration are the cruel irony that they're stopping something that in ways is humain compared to what's normally done to make something food aka pray.That said some plants can't live if they weren't pray to begin with so it shouldn't be that hard to not feel bad seeing pray be pray as a predator right.Sorry if it's long or ranty but that's my relating thought to the subject.

Blessed be

Return to “Paws, Claws, Feathers, Furries & Fins”