The age of a dragon

Resources and links to information on dragons.
Dezire
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 6
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Could any kind person advice me on whether the age of a dragon matters? Or any other spirits?
What age is considered old/young?
Also what are some of the oldest spirits you have?
Thank you all!

Full time Business analyst, part time Spirit Keeper & Dota freak. My goal is to swap these roles
Restarting my spirit keeping journey
Dezire
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Bump~
Hehe! Did I bump at the right time?

Full time Business analyst, part time Spirit Keeper & Dota freak. My goal is to swap these roles
Rai
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 145
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Drow/Centaurs/Alphas
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Serpentdragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Rai
Zodiac:

Hmm, there is a really old thread with a calculation sort of like "dog years" in comparison to humans. I.E. if you did the calculation it would give you a rough equivalent of the dragons "maturity" in human years.

For example, my Quartz is a little over 7k years. Running her dragon age through the calculation human maturity equivalent was 28. I found that interesting because I was 28 when I started keeping and she was one of my first spirits.

However, there was some debate on the accuracy of the calculation(what race it was for, where the numbers came from that kind of thing). Even so, I'm sure it is different for each race of spirit/entity.

I also don't think it matters much. Just interesting info. It does make me giggle a bit that none of my Succubi or cambions gave their ages, just the "age they manifest as" xD

I am also known as Ravechaosknight.

For a Lady Knight and maidens fair.
AlexCzernosech
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 57
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: I have a few names ;D
Zodiac:

That really depends on the species (not color, this is completely different) of dragon. Some can live for millenia (I have one from PapaHood who is said to be as old as time itself), while others have a similar lifespan to humans, if not shorter. The average of the different species that seem to be encountered in the spirit keeping community is a few hundred to a few thousand years. One dragon species I work with only lives to be about 2000 at the most. As for whether age matters, well, it gives a good idea as to the amount of experience a dragon, or any other spirit, may have when it comes to magick or other abilities.

46 CH Spirits/Entities; 33 non-CH Spirits/Entities, and work with various other self-bound and unbound beings.
Dezire
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Ravechaosknight wrote:
For example, my Quartz is a little over 7k years. Running her dragon age through the calculation human maturity equivalent was 28. I found that interesting because I was 28 when I started keeping and she was one of my first spirits.

However, there was some debate on the accuracy of the calculation(what race it was for, where the numbers came from that kind of thing). Even so, I'm sure it is different for each race of spirit/entity.

I also don't think it matters much. Just interesting info. It does make me giggle a bit that none of my Succubi or cambions gave their ages, just the "age they manifest as" xD
Thanks for the info! Yes it makes sense that they would have their own maturity equivalent too!! Gleaning through the posts in the forum, it seems dragons tend to be on the older side.

From another forum I've read about that too before! i guess ubis prefer not to reveal their true age. Maybe because knowledge of it will give power. Just like names!!

Dezire
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

AlexCzernosech wrote:That really depends on the species (not color, this is completely different) of dragon. Some can live for millenia (I have one from PapaHood who is said to be as old as time itself), while others have a similar lifespan to humans, if not shorter. The average of the different species that seem to be encountered in the spirit keeping community is a few hundred to a few thousand years. One dragon species I work with only lives to be about 2000 at the most. As for whether age matters, well, it gives a good idea as to the amount of experience a dragon, or any other spirit, may have when it comes to magick or other abilities.
Hi there! Thank you for your reply!
That is one really senior dragon! Always makes me wonder with all their experience and time in life and the afterlife, what makes them choose us!
Must be really intriguing working with him!

Return to “Dragon Information”