sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

So. I was wondering if it was a good idea to create a shrine outside for my spirits rather than keeping them in the home. I think the bedroom is a sacred and intimate space. It's kind of weird to be intimate in your room with spirits there. I'd keep it in the living room but there is another individual that worships her deity in that space.

What's a good place to store our vessels? So you don't mixes wishes with others?

"Man is what he sees in other people."
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

One idea for indoor: there are many here that use special cupboard, with door/cover, to put their altar. Thus, when doing specific ritual, offering, or others, they open the door; when not, they close it.

I guess this can make the living room fits two or more altars for different devotees, depending on the persons and the size of the room, of course...

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
ASH
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

I'M A BIG OLE FAN OF BOXES. THEY KEEP THINGS SAFE. YOU CAN LOCK THEM & STORE THEM OUTSIDE SO WILDLIFE CAN'T GET INTO THEM. I PERSONALLY LIKE OUTDOOR SHRINES/ALTARS/PERSONAL SPACE. WE HAVE A COFFIN OUTSIDE FOR SUCH OCCAISIONS AS WELL AS LARGE WOODEN TOTEMS, MASKS, ETC.

HAVING SET UP MULTIPLE OUTDOOR SHRINES IN ALL SEASONS YOU CAN USE A SIMPLE WOOD SHELF HAMMERED INTO A TREE OR TREE BRANCH TO STORE SUPPLIES IN WINTER MONTHS. YOU CAN USE LARGE BOXES TO STORE SUPPLIES & SPIRIT VESSELS FOR THOSE WHO LIKE TO BE KEPT OUTDOORS. I WOULD RECOMMEND YOU GET BOXES THAT LOCK & YOU DON'T DO OUTDOOR SHRINES UNLESS YOU OWN YOUR OWN PROPERTY. DON'T GO SETTING THEM UP IN PUBLIC PARKS OR ANYTHING.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
Luminoire
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0

That´s an important topic, I think.
In my view It is important to understand what a spirits or entities nature is. Not all should be kept in the house naturally.
I have nature spirits and entities, who need to be outside in the fresh air. It is their element and they need it to feel good and healthy.
Earth spirits or entities i.e. should somehow come together with the earth element. They also need to be outside in the greenery since it is their natural environment.
I check what the particular spirit needs. What is its element? What does it need to feel good and refreshed?
My elves love to come inside now and again through the window and buzz around, but then they are outside again.
It´s not healthy for these beings to not have access to their natural surroundings.
So therefore it is in my opinion a very very good idea to build a shrine outside, depending on the type.
I think AHSs idea with the boxes is cool because the vessel should of course be protected.

Apart from that I also agree on and share the idea of having "private zones" in your place, which are taboo for spirit presence. I have such house rules and they are being respected. Of course this is something everyone must decide for themselves.

Celene
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals

ASH-MDA wrote:I WOULD RECOMMEND YOU GET BOXES THAT LOCK & YOU DON'T DO OUTDOOR SHRINES UNLESS YOU OWN YOUR OWN PROPERTY. DON'T GO SETTING THEM UP IN PUBLIC PARKS OR ANYTHING.
Lol Ash. :crazy:

“To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.”
― Thomas Campbell

Return to “General Questions”