active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 13
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

I've been contemplating about whether or not I should get into conjuring spirits. I already know that protection is an incredibly important part of this, and to be on the lookout for tricksters.
I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips for beginners? Anything you have found useful in your path is appreciated.

A simple change in perspective can change your life forever.
fundude53
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: there all cool
If I could be anything, I would be...: dont know yet
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: carlos the jackel

i too would not ming giving this a go but ime not going to do this without a mentor to learn from properly i live in uk so any one looking for a learner to shadow feel free to respond

spirits lots
fundude53
active contributor
active contributor

i too would not ming giving this a go but ime not going to do this without a mentor to learn from properly i live in uk so any one looking for a learner to shadow feel free to respond

spirits lots
ThePhoenyx
active contributor
active contributor

I'm not looking for a mentor FYI, just some pointers and tips, but if anyone wants to take fundude under their wing, please say so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krowe
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 10
If I could be anything, I would be...: shifter
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Krowe
Zodiac:

i havent really seen your other posts so i'm just gunna put this like your a complete newbie(not implying anything, it's just so i dont miss anything you might not know)
1. have a SOLID communication method that you have tested and worked with enough to know it is accurate. you want to be able to talk to what you conjure.
2. work with a being/s that can either aid in conjuring or aid in protection or both.
3. call on a deity that you are very close with and work with often or feel pulled to. let them know your plans and ask them to support you as you start this sort of work.(pay attention to dreams, warnings and fluctuations in your abilities over the next month or so.)
4. research research research! learn what you can about different conjuring methods, pick up books on conjuring if you can or look for them for free.(constantinos is a helpful one as well as Franz Bardon, though they both put a lot of emphasis on threatening and commanding the spirit, so be careful on what you absorb, just focus on the methods not the opinions. constantinos also has a list of spirits that you can call on for help, which will give you a starting point. they also say you HAVE to have certain items to summon/conjure...you dont...not really.)
think of specific beings you want to conjure and start small, psy vamps, fairies, angels, dragons and any other beings that you are VERY familiar with.(try to go for WA in the beginning) if you feel up to it, research the different types that exist of each to help narrow down which ones you want to work with.
look up protection methods to work with as well, dont limit yourself, look for rituals, spells, wards and so on. try to find older ones that have been used by many people, not ones that were just posted on the internet a year or so ago.(unless they come from someone trusted)
5. most conjuring books, lessons etc will have you work your way UP to conjuring. so energy work, spells, chakra work, rituals, cleansing and balancing work, shielding/warding, spirit work, element work, nature work, god work, and astral work should be worked with (hopefully) before you start conjuring.
you can go basic with this, spirit work can be as simple as conversing with one or doing a ritual with one.
element work can be as simple as drinking water to cleanse yourself(which doubles as cleansing work)
astral work can be as simple as working on feeling your body, or learning to lucid dream.(not necessarily simple but still)
the point is get some notches under your belt, before you just jump into conjuring work, figure out what you're good at and what you're not.
6. know what you body feels like when you are unbalanced or have been attacked.
do you get tired, fearful out of nowhere, have nightmares, cant eat etc. learn to notice those symptoms because as you dabble deeper and deeper into spiritual work, you open yourself up to attack and you also expose yourself to new energies that your body isnt used to, and energies start to affect you more and more(specifically negative energy) so you need to be able to feel it, so that you can fix yourself as quickly as possible.
7. learn how to banish negative beings and KEEP them out. if something comes in and you dont want it in your home, you need to be able to instantly spring into action. yes you have spirits to protect you but you also need to be able to work WITH them and on your own. even THEY can get overwhelmed if something particularly nasty finds it's way into your home.
8. learn some form of divination, if you feel strange, think you might be being attacked or get stuck or confused, having divination as a backup is always helpful.
9. write down a plan beforehand, whether that's for how you will conjure, what words you will say, what protections you'll use or what beings you'll call to assist.(a plan for attacks would be good too but only if you know it will work)
10. ACCEPT that things might go wrong, that they might not turn out how you want and that it may be awhile before you get to conjure anything. takes things slow and make sure you're as ready as you can be before you attempt it. if you can, ask your beings/gods etc if they think you are ready to conjure, if they tell you no, ask them what you need to do first and then work on that.
i think that's all i got haha. good luck~~

ThePhoenyx
active contributor
active contributor

Krowe wrote:i havent really seen your other posts so i'm just gunna put this like your a complete newbie(not implying anything, it's just so i dont miss anything you might not know)
1. have a SOLID communication method that you have tested and worked with enough to know it is accurate. you want to be able to talk to what you conjure.
2. work with a being/s that can either aid in conjuring or aid in protection or both.
3. call on a deity that you are very close with and work with often or feel pulled to. let them know your plans and ask them to support you as you start this sort of work.(pay attention to dreams, warnings and fluctuations in your abilities over the next month or so.)
4. research research research! learn what you can about different conjuring methods, pick up books on conjuring if you can or look for them for free.(constantinos is a helpful one as well as Franz Bardon, though they both put a lot of emphasis on threatening and commanding the spirit, so be careful on what you absorb, just focus on the methods not the opinions. constantinos also has a list of spirits that you can call on for help, which will give you a starting point. they also say you HAVE to have certain items to summon/conjure...you dont...not really.)
think of specific beings you want to conjure and start small, psy vamps, fairies, angels, dragons and any other beings that you are VERY familiar with.(try to go for WA in the beginning) if you feel up to it, research the different types that exist of each to help narrow down which ones you want to work with.
look up protection methods to work with as well, dont limit yourself, look for rituals, spells, wards and so on. try to find older ones that have been used by many people, not ones that were just posted on the internet a year or so ago.(unless they come from someone trusted)
5. most conjuring books, lessons etc will have you work your way UP to conjuring. so energy work, spells, chakra work, rituals, cleansing and balancing work, shielding/warding, spirit work, element work, nature work, god work, and astral work should be worked with (hopefully) before you start conjuring.
you can go basic with this, spirit work can be as simple as conversing with one or doing a ritual with one.
element work can be as simple as drinking water to cleanse yourself(which doubles as cleansing work)
astral work can be as simple as working on feeling your body, or learning to lucid dream.(not necessarily simple but still)
the point is get some notches under your belt, before you just jump into conjuring work, figure out what you're good at and what you're not.
6. know what you body feels like when you are unbalanced or have been attacked.
do you get tired, fearful out of nowhere, have nightmares, cant eat etc. learn to notice those symptoms because as you dabble deeper and deeper into spiritual work, you open yourself up to attack and you also expose yourself to new energies that your body isnt used to, and energies start to affect you more and more(specifically negative energy) so you need to be able to feel it, so that you can fix yourself as quickly as possible.
7. learn how to banish negative beings and KEEP them out. if something comes in and you dont want it in your home, you need to be able to instantly spring into action. yes you have spirits to protect you but you also need to be able to work WITH them and on your own. even THEY can get overwhelmed if something particularly nasty finds it's way into your home.
8. learn some form of divination, if you feel strange, think you might be being attacked or get stuck or confused, having divination as a backup is always helpful.
9. write down a plan beforehand, whether that's for how you will conjure, what words you will say, what protections you'll use or what beings you'll call to assist.(a plan for attacks would be good too but only if you know it will work)
10. ACCEPT that things might go wrong, that they might not turn out how you want and that it may be awhile before you get to conjure anything. takes things slow and make sure you're as ready as you can be before you attempt it. if you can, ask your beings/gods etc if they think you are ready to conjure, if they tell you no, ask them what you need to do first and then work on that.
i think that's all i got haha. good luck~~
It's okay I've been here for a year and a half-ish, but I've done stuff like this for longer. I just haven't in a while. So I've been doing spirit work for a while. I've already read a lot on spirit conjuring, the goetia, spirit work, and protection. I've also been working on sensing spirits and other things for a while. I've been doing spells and energy work for maybe five years "officially" now, although I really got into it before joining here.

Communication isn't a problem (usually), and also I don't work with deities, so I probably won't call on them generally. I do however have a few spirits already who are very helpful for this stuff.

ThePhoenyx
active contributor
active contributor

That being said I'm sure some of those areas need improvement. Protection I'm pretty good at though.

fundude53
active contributor
active contributor

very good advice but iv come to expect no less from you Krowe

spirits lots
Krowe
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 10
If I could be anything, I would be...: shifter
My magical/paranormal name...: Krowe
Zodiac:

ThePhoenyx wrote: It's okay I've been here for a year and a half-ish, but I've done stuff like this for longer. I just haven't in a while. So I've been doing spirit work for a while. I've already read a lot on spirit conjuring, the goetia, spirit work, and protection. I've also been working on sensing spirits and other things for a while. I've been doing spells and energy work for maybe five years "officially" now, although I really got into it before joining here.

Communication isn't a problem (usually), and also I don't work with deities, so I probably won't call on them generally. I do however have a few spirits already who are very helpful for this stuff.
ThePhoenyx wrote:That being said I'm sure some of those areas need improvement. Protection I'm pretty good at though.

well at least you have some experience.~ if you dont work with deities maybe try working with angelic beings instead.
fundude53 wrote:very good advice but iv come to expect no less from you Krowe
i aim to please lol

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

Are you conjuring just for yourself or are you going to conjure for others?

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER

Return to “Spirit Keeping”