Black magick vs white magick distinction.

Anteros
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 400
If I could be anything, I would be...: My True Self
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

surest wrote:Why l made this reference is because , those books were written by magician themselves yet they give such titles .

Esoteric scientist
Yes, as Krowe has stated the word "black" is an attention getter!
It instantly forms an idea in the mind of the reader or power, wealth, control, instant whatever etc.
But also we have to remember that even magicians come with their own set of pre-conceived ideas and preferences/prejudices.
So, one can be a magician and still label something that is clearly "dark" as "black".
99.99999% of us will be carrying some kind of baggage with us in life and it will help (for good or ill) to form our judgements and opinions on the world we perceive around us.

Just as in days gone by we will find eminent explorers and scientists with superb minds but, depending on the upbringing they had will still swear blind that the earth is flat or was made in 6 days etc.
They have simply limited themselves due to their conditioning. They have placed a block on their own intuition and intelligence and in their hearts most of them probably knew this but they cannot break free.
Despite their intellect they had brainwashed themselves into the "this far and no further" mentality.

So I wouldn't worry too much if somebody like AEW calls a book a black grimoire or something similar.
Many grimoires were condemned simply for refering to the demonic powers in them.
Or deities that were later labelled as demonic - "You will lose your soul young man...." - as new religions "demonize" their predecessors.

I used to know things
Anteros
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 400
If I could be anything, I would be...: My True Self
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Also, I think these names and labels can be generally misleading.
They can all be used and abused to fool ourselves.
I think most of us who are of sound mind know in our hearts if what we think or do either magickally or mundanely is fundamentally wrong or right.

That's the most important guru we all have....our inate knowledge of ourselves, our conscience.

We can all convince ourselves of many things and justify them so we sleep better at night but I am reminded of what a Christian teacher said to another......and we can apply this message to ourselves no matter what our beliefs are or even if there is no belief....it's a message about self honesty...
"Whatever you are doing, whatever you are thinking....if Jesus walked into the room at that moment, would you feel ashamed?"
To me, that one question rips away all the fancy talk we can give ourselves and cuts to the truth of the matter and ourselves.
Self honesty is a great thing and provides freedom for us......it has nothing to do with religion or anybody else, it's about not fooling ourselves.

So, to get back to the OP's point, don't worry too much about old books and the words therein.....black/white....we all know what's wrong and right.....what's justified and what is not justified.

I used to know things

Return to “Black Arts”