Drawn to Runes & Pendulums

Got any neat tricks on how to connect with Spirits? Post here!
Shiro1331
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I do admit that I have a bias of ouija boards and have never tried one from CH because they still scare me cause I link them with ouija boards.

I am really drawn to runes and pendulums though. I know pendulums can be really finicky and so I'm trying my best to stay away with them. (Unless I do get a board from CH which I still just can't bring myself to do).

For those of you that use runes to communicate with your spirit families, how do you go about doing that?

I play with the thought of using tarot but that also kinda scares me...

(I do know I need to eventually get over my fears or I will never be a good spirit keeper)

DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Think about it like this.Most of the time something bad happens with a ouija board when the people using it are either using as a game when they have a slumber party just for kicks or something similar or just to see if something happens or not.So if your using it that way and someone is trying to get your attention they might be irritated like any other person.

Plus,if you have protective spirits around and have the right mindset to keep anything truly harmful from comeing through why worry about it.Especially if what you could be communicating with is already around you like your spirits.And if it's cleansed or made to channel something spesific then that would make it even less likely for anything bad to happen as far As I know.Does that help with the bias.

Blessed be

Shiro1331
new here
new here
Zodiac:

It does, and honestly a board seems the most accurate way to communicate with spirits. Really takes the guess work out of it. I dunno...still on the fence....I'm still so weird about it in the sense that if I was to get a board, I don't think Id use a planchette. I think it'd still go with a pendulum or honestly even the vessel. I think I'd feel more confident that way.
Next step is to find some threads on the CH Boards and how well it went.

One of the things I feel I'm lacking on in the moment is protection. I can easily picture myself in a shield and protected by light. And the current CH spirits I'm waiting on are majority for protection. I work at a cemetery now so I just don't want work to follow me home if you know what I mean 1e

I also came across some beautiful tarot cards today... 1d

I'm just looking for some sort of communication outlet that really calls to me so that I know it would work better with me... 1hd

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

I prefer the cards, personally, in combination with meditation. Sometimes oracle cards and sometimes Tarot depending on what I'm asking. I frequently mix decks.

I would say this about the cards. They are only a conduit and not a source. Some readers believe the cards only tell them what their subconscious or higher self already knows. Some readers invoke specific parties to answer through the cards--spirits, deities, entities. Make a good, clear, firm decision about whom or what you are contacting, and that is the one you'll get.

Do a little standard ground, center, banish, protect, and invite the companion with whom you want to communicate. So long as you come into it peacefully and calmly, without fear or anxiety (which is what grounding really helps me with) you can feel confident that only the spirit you ask is the one who is answering.

Spend some time meditating and using your intuition at the same time as a filter/doublechecker. If it feels off, it probably is.

Your path--whatever it has been, is now, or will become--is a practice. Get in there and go for it using good sense and you'll get somewhere. :)

Shiro1331
new here
new here
Zodiac:

I kinda feel like with the cards, there's no way that it's just you. Like with pendulums and maybe even boards, there's always that "what if it's actually just me". I feel like with tarot or with runes, it kinda cant be. And I just feel like it's somehow "safer".
When it comes to the cards I found three beautiful decks by the artist Jasmine Becket-Griffith just don't which to actually get (might just end up getting all three tbh...).
- Myths and Mermaids: Oracle of the water (draws me cause I love water and am Cancer)
- Oracle of Shadows and Light (draws me as i've always had an affinity for light and dark - opposites/balance)
-Beautiful Creatures Tarot ( draws me because I love the different creatures and paintings)

While I think I do pretty good with visualization (telepathy and dreams) I also very much prefer having a physical medium to work with.

Return to “Connecting”