Doppelgänger

Which legends thrill you? Make you wonder? Shaped your beliefs? We'd love to know!
fundude53
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: there all cool
If I could be anything, I would be...: dont know yet
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: carlos the jackel

IDE really really like to meet my double god we would have a lot to talk about lol

spirits lots
MidnightMoon
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1

apparently there is a website that tries to match you up with your doppelganger by 'face matching' uploaded pictures. I've never visited the site just heard it's out there.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you...''
Shadow Stitches
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kelpie
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I have come across pictures of people online who look almost exactly like me on several occasions. When I showed the pictures to friends and family, they thought I was showing them a picture I had taken of myself. I often wonder if anything interesting would happen if I were to meet one of these people in real life.

InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

Dunno if this counts, but it's pseudo valid, up til the point where no one I or my family were involved with died.

But, I had been living in west Texas for some years, and returned home to visit family and friends. Getting together with friends, we decided to go to the coffeeshop at the theater where we all used to hang out. Upon entering, the bartender (they served alcohol as well) cane dashing around the bar and shouts "oh my god I haven't seen you in ages" and throws her arms around me and squeezes the life out of me for about 3 minutes lol. Then pulls back and sees the dumb confusion on my face and apologizes. I thought it was coincidence or wishful thinking on her part until...

I had returned him and had been there for a year, maybe more... and my mother sends me a nastygram text. You know the type. It was along the lines of how I was a horrible son and how long I had been in town without telling her. Enter the confusion again. I explained to her that I was still at home and I was right at 1000 miles away. And she calls me a liar and said she just saw me in Walmart and that I needed to come to see her and blah blah blah... I finally convinced her that it wasn't me and then found it very odd when she hadn't confronted the "me" that she saw there.

They say we all have our twins. And due to the times when the "doppelganger" was documented, it's likely that an ill omen or stigma were attached due to a fear based on the lack of understanding. Were these simply people who's genetic data lined up in a nature that was so similar to ours that they received an uncanny physical likeness? Were they true doppelgangers? Were they shifters who had found a convenient "familiar face" to aid them in whatever endeavor they were working on? No idea. But it is interesting

Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)
Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

I often see people who resemble someone else, and see people who have the kind of a face that I have seen many times before, I think it is quite a common thing.

I, however, have never seen anyone who looks exactly like me, my sister is the closes one but we just look alike. So I was quite surprized maybe a month or so ago when I stumbled across an image of a painting from the 1920's that could be a portrait of me, the resemblance is quite incredible.
It was painted by an American artist who painted images for advertisements and such, it would be interesting to know if this painting was based on a real person.

InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte

Aurum wrote:I often see people who resemble someone else, and see people who have the kind of a face that I have seen many times before, I think it is quite a common thing.

I, however, have never seen anyone who looks exactly like me, my sister is the closes one but we just look alike. So I was quite surprized maybe a month or so ago when I stumbled across an image of a painting from the 1920's that could be a portrait of me, the resemblance is quite incredible.
It was painted by an American artist who painted images for advertisements and such, it would be interesting to know if this painting was based on a real person.
It would be even more interesting if this person were a spirit companion, and lives intercrossed across the ages. Perhaps having known a different you that happened to be identical to the you now.

Which opens a whole other can of worms.

That said, I identify, as I have never come across my other/s. And it would be great to hear about it if you ever find something out about that, Aurum.

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

InfernalNachos wrote:
Aurum wrote:I often see people who resemble someone else, and see people who have the kind of a face that I have seen many times before, I think it is quite a common thing.

It would be even more interesting if this person were a spirit companion, and lives intercrossed across the ages. Perhaps having known a different you that happened to be identical to the you now.

Which opens a whole other can of worms.

That said, I identify, as I have never come across my other/s. And it would be great to hear about it if you ever find something out about that, Aurum.
If I ever find anything I'll try to remember to update it her. Unfortunately it may prove to be extremely difficult task to find any information about this painting.

InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte

And such is life, right?

SilentiumBelladonna
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Ever since I was little, I've heard different variations of the "If you see your dopplegänger, you'll die" myth. Though... I suppose they wouldn't be listed in the CH shop if that were actually the case?

It's also possible we might use doppelgänger to refer to more than one type of phenomena that appear similar, which could explain the difference in nature between doppelgängers in lore v.s. the ones listed. Personally, I think the theory of bilocation being to blame also makes sense.

They/Them | Witch | Druid
SeaWitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mermaid
Zodiac:

Shadow Stitches wrote:I have come across pictures of people online who look almost exactly like me on several occasions. When I showed the pictures to friends and family, they thought I was showing them a picture I had taken of myself. I often wonder if anything interesting would happen if I were to meet one of these people in real life.
This happened to me once! I stumbled across a picture I thought was of me and I was very confused because I couldn't remember taking the photo. Then I realized it was actually somebody else. I swear, this person was an exact double of me.

Return to “Folklore & Legends”