Be able to always edit posts

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
Empress M
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Hey all, I think it would be a great idea to be able to *always* be able to edit your posts. This is especially useful when you create a new thread looking for ideas to something and you want it to be a really difinitive thread. An example would be creating a "third eye opening methods" thread, asking for methods and adding your own. You can then add other people's ideas to your original first post (giving them credit of course) but all of the ideas would be in an easy to find location instead of people digging through a topic looking for everything themselves. This is one example I can think of. Perhaps it could have an edit history too, where it'll say "edited" and if you click on said sort, you can see the past versions of the post and when they were edited. I think this would be quite useful as far as information gathering goes, since you could consolidate the most important into of a topic in one spot.

fundude53
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: there all cool
If I could be anything, I would be...: dont know yet
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: carlos the jackel

Yes I second that idea

spirits lots
Alikat13
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 5
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Monster
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Yeah I agree Empress

Image. Image I will not self-censor, I will write my dark truth[/size]
Being Both Soft And Strong Is A Combination Very Few Have Mastered
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
Zodiac:

I second this, as you'd see the previous versions of the posts anyways, so there would be no arguments, just being able to edit it later is convenient, and making it so that you can see the previous versions, keeps everyone honest. XD

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

I'd guess that if this is enabled, some can violate the forum rules and then erase the evidence. E.g. put email address or racist remarks for 10 minutes and then delete that part.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Empress M
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

darkwing wrote:I'd guess that if this is enabled, some can violate the forum rules and then erase the evidence. E.g. put email address or racist remarks for 10 minutes and then delete that part.
" Perhaps it could have an edit history too, where it'll say 'edited' and if you click on said sort, you can see the past versions of the post"

Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Empress M wrote:
darkwing wrote:I'd guess that if this is enabled, some can violate the forum rules and then erase the evidence. E.g. put email address or racist remarks for 10 minutes and then delete that part.
" Perhaps it could have an edit history too, where it'll say 'edited' and if you click on said sort, you can see the past versions of the post"
Exactly :) I like this idea!

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Empress M wrote: " Perhaps it could have an edit history too, where it'll say 'edited' and if you click on said sort, you can see the past versions of the post"
Mmm for that part, imagine editing a 5-paragraph post 5 times for typos and grammars, making it 5 times the size of a more or less the same info. That may make the consumed memory and moderators' work increase, thus it's more efficient to just replace it.
And depending on the reason, some would be edited because the pre-edit version is not for public consumption. E.g. imagine if all the deleted posts in this forum, including the fights, can be seen by anyone.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

darkwing wrote:
Empress M wrote: " Perhaps it could have an edit history too, where it'll say 'edited' and if you click on said sort, you can see the past versions of the post"
Mmm for that part, imagine editing a 5-paragraph post 5 times for typos and grammars, making it 5 times the size of a more or less the same info. That may make the consumed memory and moderators' work increase, thus it's more efficient to just replace it.
And depending on the reason, some would be edited because the pre-edit version is not for public consumption. E.g. imagine if all the deleted posts in this forum, including the fights, can be seen by anyone.
Hmm true. I don't know what to say. :lol: Hm

Return to “Forum Suggestions”