Halloween?

Got any neat tricks on how to connect with Spirits? Post here!
sandalwood
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Not exactly about Halloween or Samhain:
-In East Asian countries, there are a period when it is believed that ghost and spirits (especially ancestors) would roam and visit, e.g. Chinese Ghost Month, Japanese O-bon, etc.
I'm from an east asian country. During the night of halloween...
- We prepare a small altar with small feast to offer to our dead relatives.
- Light up candles outdoor leading to the front door so spirits can find their way
- Do prayers for them

And yes, we believe that our dead relatives visits us this day, it's the tradition.

There can be miracles, When you believe..
Though hope is frail, Its hard to kill.
Who knows what miracles, You can achieve...
When you believe somehow you will, You will when you believe. :dancing:
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

LadyWo1f wrote:
Lokakisa wrote:This is an indirect and not so quick answer to your question, but you might enjoy the book "Halloween: An American Holiday, An American History." https://amzn.com/1565543467
Of course there are witchy and Wiccan-type books catered to Halloween, not so much anything written specifically for spirit-keepers though. And you can't be sure if any of the witchy books have correct info. It never hurts to read some scholarly background resources when looking for ideas.
Well, it depends on how much of a stickler you are for history or not. ;P
But yeah wouldn't it be great to have an actual Halloween magick manual geared towards spirit-keepers?
Interesting. In fact, I recently discover Halloween means "All Hallows Eve" which is the day before "All Saints Day". All Saints day is a day used to honour all saints known and unknown in the world. Its pretty interesting how one day could even be called "the devil's birthday" (which it's not) to some lead up to an innocent Christian holiday no one hardly knows in modern society. I bet the book would answer a lot of questions about Halloween origin. Thank you. 2co
Yes, the book would help explain it but you can probably find it on the internet as well.
Halloween as we know it is pretty much an America holiday, grown over the years from many traditions (Celtic, Roman, British, Scots, Irish, American, etc.).
The word is indeed a truncated form of All Hallows Evening, which became shortened to E'en. That's what the Christians called it. November 1 is All Saints Day, and November 2 is All Souls Day.
Theses dates coincide with the Mexican (and later Spanish-Catholic) Dia de Muertos, the Day of the Dead. Hence you start to see more of the Spanish cultural decorations in stores now alongside the pumpkins and candy.
October 31 was called Samhain ('sow-en'), summer's end, by the Celts, and celebrated as a harvest festival.

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.

Return to “Connecting”