You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 21
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sanguine Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dhampir
My magical/paranormal name...: Christopher Gray
Zodiac:

FenOL wrote:maybe someone have tips to control breath and calmness...

I already can get out perfectly but can't control my stay, and mostly because my breathing grow rapidly :'D

I tried the breathing visualization for calmness but still no effect, only to make it worst x'D
One of the most popular methods used to prevent getting bumped out of your LD because of excitement or distraction is pretty simple. As soon as you become aware of yourself in a dream state, touch a wall or the floor in your dream. For most people, this somehow grounds them and makes the dream more stable.

Skills
Lucid Dreaming
Dream Recall

Spirits
1 Sanguine Vampire (B)
1 Baobhan Sith (I)
2 Succubus (C & H)
1 Familiar (C)
1 Cambion (S)
1 Amarok (K)
1 Carbuncle (M)
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Oh cool! Thanks for bumping this people, I've been looking to get back into LD! XD Used to for a while, then lost momentum. That was before I started spirit keeping.

Hmm, funny, I almost slept last night with my hands on top of my chest, then decided not to. Darn. XD I'll give this a shot, and let you all know how it goes!

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Anteros
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 400
If I could be anything, I would be...: My True Self
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

When I used to be able to lucid dream I found that looking at your hands in the dream had a very good stabilising effect.
Try to really see the details in your hands, my hands always had gold flecks of light in them as well which was nice to see.
I also suffered from the "over excitement" problem which probably quickens the physical heart or somesuch thing and then I could feel "myself" slipping away back to my body....looking at my hands or sometimes spinning around would, most times, prevent this from happening but only for a short time as I was a novice.
Once, I simply used sheer intensity of will to remain where I was, I could feel myself being pulled like being caught in a tractor beam and I clung on to a pillar/column in the room I was in and willed myself to fight the pull and stay where I was.
It worked but again, only for a short time and I also had a severe dream headache as well beacuse of that effort.
I would say that if we have something we need to do other than just wandering around will also keep us lucid for longer.

I used to know things
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Darksbane wrote:Oh cool! Thanks for bumping this people, I've been looking to get back into LD! XD Used to for a while, then lost momentum. That was before I started spirit keeping.

Hmm, funny, I almost slept last night with my hands on top of my chest, then decided not to. Darn. XD I'll give this a shot, and let you all know how it goes!
And fail. Then again, I was stressed when I went to bed. I'll try this technique a few times though

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
SpyderBite
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 21
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sanguine Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dhampir
My magical/paranormal name...: Christopher Gray
Zodiac:

Anteros wrote:When I used to be able to lucid dream I found that looking at your hands in the dream had a very good stabilising effect.
That is probably the most common. Looking at a digital clock or television, if either is present, is also pretty popular.

After years lucid dreaming, I've adapted counting my fingers to prompt awareness. More times than not, you'll count more than 5 or less than 5 on one hand. Pretty reliable trigger for me.

But as far as stabilizing a lucid dream; that definitely takes practice. Most people will get really excited and just bounce them selves out of the dream and awake. Or they will fall back in to a typical unaware dream.

So there's Awareness and then there is Dream Stability. Two very different animals. There are thousands of methods to improve both.

In my experience, as long as you are doing reality checks through out the day, every day; Awareness is very easy to accomplish. Its stabilizing a lucid dream that is difficult to master.

Skills
Lucid Dreaming
Dream Recall

Spirits
1 Sanguine Vampire (B)
1 Baobhan Sith (I)
2 Succubus (C & H)
1 Familiar (C)
1 Cambion (S)
1 Amarok (K)
1 Carbuncle (M)

Return to “Astral Projection/OBE”