Mental Illness/Sensing Spirits

nezzuo
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

i forgot to mention, i take meds too. i had a lot more sensitivity a few years ago before i started spirit keeping, but i had so much negative energy.. it wasn't good experiences at all.

Empress M
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I don't think having mental issues would impact your senses much if at all, and even if it did, all it would mean is that you'd need to work harder, not that you'd never succeed at all. Never stop believing in yourself.

fundude53
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: there all cool
If I could be anything, I would be...: dont know yet
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: carlos the jackel

personally i think having mental issues actually makes you more sensitive to whats going on around you its the medication that tends to cause the blockages that some people suffer from.
never give up hope and trust in yourself and your spirits if u unshore about what u see or what they say use this guide if what they say impacts you in a negative way then dismiss it if what u see or what they tell you is positive then u can be shore its them helping you in some way
hope that helps and the pain u suffered from tends to leave you stronger and with gifts the rest of us mare mortals don't have

spirits lots
Cult
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: distilled spirits

If your mental illness doesn't involve hallucinations, there's no logical reason why your psychic senses will be affected by it. If it does involve hallucinations, divination is an option to confirm telepathic conversations and the reality of manifestations if you're worried about whether or not what you're experiencing is real.

kebbrass
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: a man of course
My magical/paranormal name...: Mr.WTF?
Zodiac:

BinariesOfDreamsAndInk wrote:It's only been a little over a month since I've begun keeping spirits and I know as someone who naturally is not sensitive to these things and is just beginning, I'm not suddenly going to be seeing things and hearing things and experiencing these amazing full-bodied manifestations. I know it doesn't work that way. However, I have read somewhere (can't remember where) that people who are mentally ill cannot achieve a sensitivity to the supernatural unless they have been treated and it's had me thinking.

I'll be candid with you all for a moment. I've been abused in every sense of the word. Life became meaningless by the time I was 10 and I have not had one day of peace from these memories and the feelings that come with them for over a decade. Sometimes, it's really bad. Like, one time a few years ago, I tried to jump off the roof at work because something triggered my PTSD. And after meeting the worst therapist ever (she actually told me to eat junk food when I'm going through a depressive episode because that will make everything better), I no longer believe it's possible for me to be fixed.

So all that being said, does that mean I'll never be able to sense and properly communicate with my spirits? Will I be spending years trying to improve, only to never achieve my goal? Sometimes, since I can't sense them, I think my spirits have left. Sometimes I think they've sensed I'm too broken and have moved on since there's no point in being around someone who doesn't even know you're there, you know?
hi there, if you're saying ppls with mental illness is not sensitive, I think it's not true, because, like you, I got serious stress too. Some days I'll smoke 2 packs a day to relieve my stress, and my emotions are up/down often. Until I decided to do spirit keeping, I felt more relaxed, and they keep my mind at peace.

imo your spirits will know what to do with you, and act as your vanguard and advisor in the most needed time(if you being harassed or mocked they will feel it too). They will protect you and you don't need to be afraid of things, unless you're not trusting them. As for feeling their presence / communicating, try to meditate, relax your mind, and ask this "If you're here with me, give me a sign, lift up my left/right hand" this works for me. I'm too not so sensitive, but I found that way to interact with my spirits. The strange warm lingering feeling on my hand and warm (sometimes hot) lingering feeling on my left ear are the signs of my spirits if they're here beside me. Sometimes I heard a female humming, and most often the breathe movement on my left side when I'm laying on my bed.

everything I wrote above is accomplished after almost 30 days I keep them as my companions. Much distrust come before that, and they know I distrust their presence, so they back away, waiting for me to accept them and they'll come again. Cheers!

*that's my opinion tho :D

I am blessed with greatness but, I am just passing through this world.

5 spirits :

1 Courtwind Angel, really loving and caring <3
1 male Faery Dragon
1 Sylph
1 Princess (for me) Human spirit
1 Natural & beautiful spiritual guide with cold breeze aura :D (I sent her to protect and help my mom 1h )
Lionox
neophyte
neophyte
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

BinariesOfDreamsAndInk wrote:It's only been a little over a month since I've begun keeping spirits and I know as someone who naturally is not sensitive to these things and is just beginning, I'm not suddenly going to be seeing things and hearing things and experiencing these amazing full-bodied manifestations. I know it doesn't work that way. However, I have read somewhere (can't remember where) that people who are mentally ill cannot achieve a sensitivity to the supernatural unless they have been treated and it's had me thinking.

I'll be candid with you all for a moment. I've been abused in every sense of the word. Life became meaningless by the time I was 10 and I have not had one day of peace from these memories and the feelings that come with them for over a decade. Sometimes, it's really bad. Like, one time a few years ago, I tried to jump off the roof at work because something triggered my PTSD. And after meeting the worst therapist ever (she actually told me to eat junk food when I'm going through a depressive episode because that will make everything better), I no longer believe it's possible for me to be fixed.

So all that being said, does that mean I'll never be able to sense and properly communicate with my spirits? Will I be spending years trying to improve, only to never achieve my goal? Sometimes, since I can't sense them, I think my spirits have left. Sometimes I think they've sensed I'm too broken and have moved on since there's no point in being around someone who doesn't even know you're there, you know?
May I be honest with you?

I know this is strange, coming from a..well..stranger lol...but I truly, TRULY believe with every piece of me that you will do MORE than fine in your meta journey. I have such a strong feeling about that from reading your post, I don't know how to express it entirely in words to you. So no, I don't believe for a second that you will be "spending years trying to improve, only to never achieve my goal?"

SpyderBite
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 21
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sanguine Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dhampir
My magical/paranormal name...: Christopher Gray
Zodiac:

Severe depression & anxiety and PTSD here. Medicated and manage pretty well. I have had no problem connecting with my spirits. I too am new to spirit keeping. But the bonding process has been gone pretty well with most of my spirits.

I think that the negativity that mental disorders can cause would be the only prohibitor that would cause somebody to have difficulties. Be sure to meditate frequently and continue to communicate with your spirits with a positive attitude and you'll do just as well as anybody else.

Skills
Lucid Dreaming
Dream Recall

Spirits
1 Sanguine Vampire (B)
1 Baobhan Sith (I)
2 Succubus (C & H)
1 Familiar (C)
1 Cambion (S)
1 Amarok (K)
1 Carbuncle (M)
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

In my opinion, mental disturbance/deviation (and any disturbance of the physical plane) goes hand in hand with supernatural sensitivity. It's the way most are encouraged to handle it in western culture that is a problem.
States of negativity, as Spyder pointed out are a common inhibitor, though when you can work with the energy of those 'moody' places they are conducive to power through the realms.

By choice, I have never medicated my own afflictions. This doesn't mean what I've been through wasn't tough.. the agony and what we derive from it is the point.
I overcame the rough patches by devoting myself to spirituality, this was my treatment; I am no longer 'afflicted' by the problem aspects I once experienced, and retain all of the empowerment.
Obviously I feel what I've been through is invaluable. I can tell you if I had to do my life over, I would not omit even my most severe of episodes, the things which exacerbated my condition, or the scares meant to test me. In fact I am so devoted to that 'way of life', I go out of my way to explore states of chaos, shadow and fear, to immerse myself in the underworld journey as many times as necessary in order to strengthen myself further. That's not for everyone, but I believe every human being has the capacity to get through those elements and make something amazing of it.

These we consider on the scale of 'illness' are a natural potential of the human mind and body for a reason, they are not inherently senseless, they are not solely intended to render us weak - though for a time they may humble us.

Taking a spiritual approach to your healing, no matter what other treatment it accompanies, I am sure will bring you a good foundation for progress. Take time to focus on your own spiritual body and self, this is directly correlated to how you interact with those beyond the veil.

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

Noc, I agree, Years ago I was in the NYC - LA Rock World and one day realized I was dancing on inner pain and strong dangerous recklessness.

I used no prescribed drug, and did not go to a therapist ( a lot of people with "social worker" degrees call themselves therapists). I went to a Jungian Psychotherapist, and she brought me back together within about 3 1/2 months. The process is laid back, no drugs, answeing questions , listening to her talk, which included the occult, and also many different aspects of the mind. If you want more information pick up any book on Jung, or read his own books (a bit difficult) . Its completely different, very laid back, no drugs, unless a phyiscal thing is noted like a lung problem, etc. Note: the a psychotheratist has to have a medical degree, and have put themselves (through another Jungian therapist, therapy on their self, before getting a diploma.

Note: No one completely knows the Western Occult Metaphysical unless they have studied Dr. Carl Jung.

C.G. Jung quotes (showing 1-30 of 759)
“The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.”
― C.G. Jung
tags: chemistry, relationships 7937 likes Like
“Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.”
― C.G. Jung
tags: knowing-others, perception, self-awareness, understanding 2255 likes Like
“Your visions will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”
― C.G. Jung
tags: introspection, psychotherapist, secrets, self-awareness, visions 1754 likes Like
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.”
― C.G. Jung
tags: life-experience 1541 likes Like
“You are what you do, not what you say you'll do.”
― C.G. Jung
tags: action, service 1277 likes Like
“Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.”
― C.G. Jung
tags: darkness-self-knowledge, social 1198 likes Like
“Loneliness does not come from having no people about one, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible.”
― C.G. Jung
1191 likes Like
“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”
― C.G. Jung
tags: self-awareness, self-discovery 1134 likes Like
“The pendulum of the mind oscillates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong.”
― C.G. Jung
tags: intelligence, morality, psychology, reason 1115 likes Like
“As a child I felt myself to be alone, and I am still, because I know things and must hint at things which others apparently know nothing of, and for the most part do not want to know.”
― C.G. Jung, Memories, Dreams, Reflections
tags: childhood, psychology 939 likes Like
“Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol, morphine or idealism.”
― C.G. Jung
tags: addiction, psyche, psychology 937 likes Like
“The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are.”
― C.G. Jung
tags: authenticity 883 likes Like
“People will do anything, no matter how absurd, to avoid facing their own souls.”
― C.G. Jung
790 likes Like
“The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely.”
― C.G. Jung
tags: self-acceptance, self-esteem, self-love 702 likes Like
“Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you.”
― C.G. Jung
tags: psychiatry, sanity 633 likes Like
“There's no coming to consciousness without pain.”
― C.G. Jung
609 likes Like
“One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”
― C.G. Jung
573 likes Like
“In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order.”
― C.G. Jung
507 likes Like
“Mistakes are, after all, the foundations of truth, and if a man does not know what a thing is, it is at least an increase in knowledge if he knows what it is not. ”
― C.G. Jung
tags: life, mistakes, psychology, truth 486 likes Like
“As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light of meaning in the darkness of mere being.”
― C.G. Jung
tags: life 470 likes Like
“Whatever is rejected from the self, appears in the world as an event.”
― C.G. Jung
tags: connection, psychology 453 likes Like
“Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling.”
― C.G. Jung
tags: wisdom 420 likes Like
“We cannot change anything unless we accept it.”
― C.G. Jung, Modern Man in Search of a Soul
405 likes Like
“There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own Soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”
― C.G. Jung
tags: consciousness, pain 398 likes Like
“The acceptance of oneself is the essence of the whole moral problem and the epitome of a whole outlook on life. That I feed the hungry, that I forgive an insult, that I love my enemy in the name of Christ -- all these are undoubtedly great virtues. What I do unto the least of my brethren, that I do unto Christ. But what if I should discover that the least among them all, the poorest of all the beggars, the most impudent of all the offenders, the very enemy himself -- that these are within me, and that I myself stand in need of the alms of my own kindness -- that I myself am the enemy who must be loved -- what then? As a rule, the Christian's attitude is then reversed; there is no longer any question of love or long-suffering; we say to the brother within us "Raca," and condemn and rage against ourselves. We hide it from the world; we refuse to admit ever having met this least among the lowly in ourselves.”
― C.G. Jung, Memories, Dreams, Reflections
tags: christianity, denial, forgiveness, love, morality, self-image 393 likes Like
“The greatest tragedy of the family is the unlived lives of the parents.”
― C.G. Jung
391 likes Like
“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
― C.G. Jung
347 likes Like
“Through pride we are ever deceiving ourselves. But deep down below the surface of the average conscience a still, small voice says to us, something is out of tune. ”
― C.G. Jung
tags: conscience, pride, psychology, self, superego 329 likes Like
“The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that suits all cases.”
― C.G. Jung
320 likes Like
“There are as many nights as days, and the one is just as long as the other in the year's course. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word 'happy' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.”
― C.G. Jung
317 likes Like

“Your vision will become clear only when you can look into
your heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside,
awakens.”
― C.G. Jung
tags: inspirational 0 likes Like
“The reactivation of original perceptions is, however, only one side of regression. The other side is regression to infantile memories, and though this might equally well be called regression to the original perceptions, it nevertheless deserves special mention because it has an importance of its own. It might even be considered as an “historical” regression. In this sense the dream can, with Freud, be described as a modified memory—modified through being projected into the present. The original scene of the memory is unable to effect its own revival, so has to be content with returning as a dream.”
― C.G. Jung, Collected Works of C.G. Jung, Volume 5: Symbols of Transformation
0 likes Like
“A psicologia do indivíduo corresponde à psicologia das nações. As nações fazem exatamente o que cada um faz individualmente; e do modo como o indivíduo age a nação também agirá. Somente com a transformação da atitude do indivíduo é que começará a transformar-se a psicologia da nação. Até hoje, os grandes problemas da humanidade nunca foram resolvidos por decretos coletivos, mas somente pela renovação da atitude do indivíduo.”
― C.G. Jung
0 likes Like
“Today has meaning only if it stands between yesterday and tomorrow.”
― C.G. Jung, The Portable Jung

C.G. Jung quotes (showing 241-270 of 759)
“Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt”
― C.G. Jung
tags: doubt, fanaticism, fanatics 9 likes Like
“But there is no energy unless there is a tension of opposites; hence it is necessary to discover the opposite to the attitude of the conscious mind.”
― C.G. Jung, The Essential Jung: Selected Writings
tags: conscious, duality, energy, mind, opposites, polarity, psychology, unconscious 9 likes Like
“As a consequence there are many people who become
neurotic because they are only normal, as there are
people who are neurotic because they cannot become
normal. For the former the very thought that you want
to educate them to normality is a nightmare; their
deepest need is really to be able to lead "abnormal"
lives.”
― C.G. Jung
tags: psychology-quotes 9 likes Like
“Only what is really oneself has the power to heal.”
― C.G. Jung
9 likes Like
“But the shadow is merely somewhat inferior, primitive, unadapted, and awkward; not wholly bad. It even contains childish or primitive qualities which would in a way vitalize and embellish human existence, but convention forbids!”
― C.G. Jung
tags: complex, conditioning, consciousness, duality, ego, healing, inferiority-complex, morality, psychology, self, self-awareness, shadow 9 likes Like
“One could say, with a little exaggeration, that the persona is that which in reality one is not, but which oneself as well as others think one is.”
― C.G. Jung
9 likes Like
“But what if I should discover that the least among them all, the poorest of all beggars, the most impudent of all offenders, yea the very fiend himself - that these are within me, and that I myself stand in need of my own kindness, that I myself am the enemy who must be loved - what then? Then, as a rule, the whole truth of Christianity is reversed: there is no more talk of love and long-suffering; we say to the brother within us, "Raca," and condemn and rage against ourselves. We hide him from the world; we deny ever having met this least among the lowly in ourselves, and had it been God himself who drew near to us in this despicable form, we should have denied him a thousand times before a single phallus had crowed.”
― C.G. Jung
tags: acceptance-of-oneself, acceptance-of-oneself-and-others, dark-side, darkness-and-light, wholeness, yin-and-yang 9 likes Like
“Synchronicity is the coming together of inner and outer events in a way that cannot be explained by cause and effect and that is meaningful to the observer.”
― C.G. Jung
8 likes Like
“We can keep from a child all knowledge of earlier myths, but we cannot take from him the need for mythology.”
― C.G. Jung
8 likes Like
“Ultimately everything depends on the quality of the individual, but our fatally short-sighted age thinks only in terms of large numbers and mass organizations...”
― C.G. Jung, The Undiscovered Self
tags: individuality 8 likes Like
“Although my belief in the world returned to me, I have never since entirely freed myself of the impression that this life is a segment of existence which is enacted in a three-dimensional boxlike universe especially set up for it.”
― C.G. Jung
tags: after-death-experience-matrix 8 likes Like
“What is not brought to consciousness, comes to us as fate.”
― C.G. Jung
tags: fate 8 likes Like
“Only in the first hour of the night can I become human, while the male dove is busy with the twelve dead.'

--Black Book 2”
― C.G. Jung
tags: 12, black-book, dove, emerald-tablet 8 likes Like
“Knowledge rests not upon truth alone, but upon error also.”
― C.G. Jung
8 likes Like
“Man, as we realize if we reflect for a moment, never perceives anything fully or comprehends anything completely.”
― C.G. Jung, Man and His Symbols
8 likes Like
“The man who promises everything is sure to fulfil nothing, and everyone who promises too much is in danger of using evil means in order to carry out his promises, and is already on the road to perdition.”
― C.G. Jung
8 likes Like
“The more critical reason dominates, the more impoverished life becomes. When reason is overvalued, the individual suffers a loss. Relying more on facts and rationality than on imagination and theory detracts from the quality of a person's intellectual life.”
― C.G. Jung
8 likes Like
“CG Jung:Thoughts grow in me like a forest, populated by many different animals. But man is domineering in his thinking, and therefore he kills the pleasure of the forest and that of the wild animals. Man is violent in his desire, and he himself becomes a darker forest and a sickened forest animal. Just as I have freedom in the world, I also have freedom in my thoughts. Freedom is conditional.”
― C.G. Jung
tags: red-book 8 likes Like
“Were it not for the leaping and twinkling of the soul, man would rot away in his greatest passion, idleness.”
― C.G. Jung, The Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious
tags: anima, archetypes, c-g-jung, carl-gustav-jung, carl-jung, collected-works, idleness 8 likes Like
“We are always human and we should never forget the burden of being only human”
― C.G. Jung
8 likes Like
“The debt we owe to the play of the imagination is incalculable.”
― C.G. Jung
7 likes Like
“The life that I could still live, I should live, and the thoughts that I could still think, I should think.”
― C.G. Jung, The Red Book: Liber Novus
7 likes Like
“Apart from the agglomeration of huge masses in which the individual disappears anyway, one of the chief factors responsible for psychological mass-mindedness is scientific rationalism, which robs the individual of his foundations and his dignity. As a social unit he has lost his individuality and become a mere abstract number in the bureau of statistics. He can only play the role of an interchangeable unit of infinitesimal importance. Looked at rationally and from outside, that is exactly what he is, and from this point of view it seems positively absurd to go on talking about the value or meaning of the individual.”
7 likes Like
“The dictator State has one great advantage over bourgeois reason: along with the individual it swallows up his religious forces. The State takes the place of God; that is why, seen from this angle, the socialist dictatorships are religions and State slavery is a form of worship. But the religious function cannot be dislocated and falsified in this way without giving rise to secret doubts, which are immediately repressed so as to avoid conflict with the prevail trend towards mass-mindedness. […] The policy of the State is exalted to a creed, the leader or party boss becomes a demigod beyond good and evil, and his votaries are honoured as heroes, martyrs, apostles, missionaries. There is only one truth and beside it no other. It is sacrosanct and above criticism. Anyone who thinks differently is a heretic, who, as we know from history, is threatened with all manner of unpleasant things. Only the party boss, who holds the political power in his hands, can interpret the State doctrine authentically, and he does so just as suits him.”
7 likes Like
“Happiness and contentment, equability of mind and meaningfulness of life – these can be experienced only by the individual and not by a State, which, on the one hand, is nothing but a convention agreed to by independent individuals, and on the other, continually threatens to paralyse and suppress the individual.”
7 likes Like
“Funnily enough, “self-criticism” is an idea much in vogue in Marxist countries, but there it is subordinated to ideological considerations and must serve the State, and not truth and justice in men’s dealing with one another. The mass State has no intention of promoting mutual understanding and the relationship of man to man; it strives, rather, for atomization, for the psychic isolation of the individual. The more unrelated individuals are, the more consolidated the State becomes, and vice versa.”
7 likes Like
“In studying the history of the human mind one is impressed again and again by the fact that the growth of the mind is the widening of the range of consciousness, and that each step forward has been a most painful and laborious achievement. One could almost say that nothing is more hateful to man than to give up even a particle of his unconsciousness. Ask those who have tried to introduce a new idea!”
― C.G. Jung
7 likes Like
“I myself found a fascinating example of this in Nietzsche’s book Thus Spake Zarathustra, where the author reproduces almost word for word an incident reported in a ship’s log for the year 1686. By sheer chance I had read this seaman’s yarn in a book published about 1835 (half a century before Nietzsche wrote); and when I found the similar passage in Thus Spake Zarathustra, I was struck by its peculiar style, which was different from Nietzsche’s usual language. I was convinced that Nietzsche must also have seen the old book, though he made no reference to it. I wrote to his sister, who was still alive, and she confirmed that she and her brother had in fact read the book together when he was 11 years old. I think, from the context, it is inconceivable that Nietzsche had any idea that he was plagiarizing this story. I believe that fifty years later it has unexpectedly slipped into focus in his conscious mind.”
― C.G. Jung, Man and His Symbols
tags: carl-jung, nietzsche 7 likes Like
“Wholly unprepared, we embark upon the second half of life. Or are there perhaps colleges for forty-year-olds which prepare them for their coming life and its demands as the ordinary colleges introduce our young people to a knowledge of the world? No, thoroughly unprepared we take the step into the afternoon of life; worse still we take this step with the false assumption that our truths and ideals will serve us as hitherto. But we cannot live the afternoon of life according to the program of life's morning; for what was great in the morning will be little at evening, and what in the morning was true will at evening have become a lie.”
― C.G. Jung
7 likes Like
“We only gain merit and psychological development by accepting ourselves as we are and by being serious enough to live the lives we are entrusted with. Our sins and errors and mistakes are necessary to us, otherwise we are deprived of the most precious incentives to development.”
― C.G. Jung, Analytical Psychology: Notes of the Seminar Given in 1925

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss

Return to “Spirit Keeping”