Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

Its slightly complicated. Early (As opposed to "Late Versions of Christiany....

In the original Gnostic World of Thrice Greates Hermes, the Xristos was a form of highest knowledge and genuine powers, that could be achieved by people.

The Xristos "was made possible by Mitra (Either a very early pre-Vedic god-force, born out of the will of the Hermaphrodite God of Creations (not plural) named Prajapati.

People of this early period, met in their homes and both men and women were equal....Then the "Pter-Guys" showed up and ytuend the Xristos into "The Son of God", and this God was Jehovah, the Israelite God of War, women were enslaved, and through various political moves Christianity came onto the playing field...Thes "Christian Texts" were written approximately 300 years after "The Crucifixion".

It is also interesting, that with Christianity, One Woman of Extreme Spirituality and/or A "Goddess Woman....can give birth to ony one divine child and that's it for the rest of eternity, wheras, in Buddhism, Vodu, Vedic, Gnosticism and many other groups can have "Extreme-Spirit-Children" all the time. (Quite often in my life, I have continuosly felt, that I am a child of Durga)...Meanwhile back at the ranch...

Also, in early Gnostic thought, the woman Pistis Sophia

Also, it is good to remember that the Hebrew Rabbinic tradition did not begin until approx 112 AD....and their texts did not begin gto appear untill after 120 AD.

"Modern" Christianity", Hebraic Groups, and Islamic groups are all Abrhamic and similiar to one another. Yje main words of defined activity is: warfare to disbeliever, subserviance of women, circumcison of the male (as a tribal warrior "proof", In the old testament it says that if a menstruating woman touches a man, the woman is either cast out of the tribe, or her hand is cut off...And it gets worse...

All the Abrahamic religioins are dying as to the fact that as practiced, they are hurting the planet earth, and dstroying human intelligence.

I am not a Christian. I ceased being a Christian when I was in 8th grade. Because the activities and attitudes did not make sense, made sexuality nasty, and tried to "tie-up" original thinking in all an every way and are still doing this nonsense....

Back at the beginning of the 20th century, a man, G. R. S. Mead wrote about all of this....here follow a reading list of his books, and these books are free and clickable in the list below......

http://gnosis.org/library/grs-mead/mead_index.htm

Cheers,
Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I ceased being a Christian when I was in 8th grade. Because the activities and attitudes did not make sense, made sexuality nasty, and tried to "tie-up" original thinking in all an every way and are still doing this nonsense....
Wonderfully informative post! And I think this is very true for many. The departure from tolerance to intolerance on many levels (social, economic, etc) was a turn-off for many. I hope that in the 21st century they may find their way back to the core principles of being a good neighbor, helping those in need, not turning your back on someone for any discriminatory reason, and re-acknowledging the value of each person's life through respect.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
LadyWo1f
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Werewolf
If I could be anything, I would be...: A shapeshifter, duh
Zodiac:

Okay peeps, this is an interesting topic so far, so I'm gonna pitch in for a second. I'm a Christian myself, and I can get how people can get hurt/shunned/"brainwashed" about it. I believe in the Bibles teachings and such, and I believe some people just take it too far (Ex. Amish, that crazy parent who shoves and crams their beliefs down their child's throat until they decide to become atheist, etc.) So, this is what I think could have happened (WARNING: Christian trying to make hypotheses, perhaps slightly biased by her own religion)

1. I believe all religions may have been brought to earth for some reason, such as some intelligent being. Not like aliens or anything (ugg, aliens, *shivers*) but like a shaman or psychic. Maybe they ended up discovering this godly being, an example like Anubis or something, and decided to tell the people and spread. Yet again, this is opinion. I don't wanna hurt anyone, so bare with me.

2. So let's say, god created earth. There was still a chance that after the great flood (Noah's ark) the entities god tried to vanquish were still alive (gregori as an example, since I read about this somewhere). God tried to get rid of them due to them teaching man of God's power (tarot, astronomy, conjuring etc.) He didn't want man to know of this power because he wanted mankind to be safe from one another, wanted them to not stray from their beliefs, and ultimately not to misuse it. Also, the gregori started picking up chicks like crazy so god was all like "Ah heck no I sent you there to guide and protect them not bang them bro". So yeah, what I've read was quite interesting. God tried to start the world anew in his image, but hey, looky here. Perhaps this event led to learning of things beyond our imaginations, different beliefs of gods and life, and ultimately, a start of learning magick. I don't know, just opinion with reasoning.

3. What's the point of proving who's right and wrong? As long as your religion doesn't make you go bananas over killing people, then your fine. Make the world happy, plant some flowers, feed the homeless or something. I hate how terrorists use the excuse of religion to hurt people. It's ruining the religion itself.

4. I try to get a perspective on anyone's ideals and beliefs, as long as they're reasonable. I don't judge, I try to see the good in it, how they feel about it, what they do, etc. I believe many religions are here for a reason, but just prefer Christianity simply because of the things in my life that have happened, especially spirit keeping. I believe it's a gift from god, and someone on this forum said something like that and I agree. Just don't abuse it. Also, I try to learn about the religion. For example, some people are so ignorant in their own religion they make accusations against others, such as witches. I almost even believed it until I did my research. They are just people doing there own thing, who have their own power and smarts, I think it's fantastic. I was a little concerned when I started spirit keeping, but I assure myself I wouldn't have even found this if god didn't want me to, so yeah, I'm here.

5. I believe in the term, "Beware of false prophets".If there's some crazy lunatic yelling "Drink koolaide and kill each other to be be saved by Christ" then of course I'm gonna walk away. I feel that I can believe what I want to believe about god and about other beliefs, but trying to force people to believe what I think is a no no. I don't want my beliefs to hurt a thing, and I don't want anyone's to hurt me as well. I can change if I want, I have a soul, god shaped it like a boss, and cool, I'm a thing.

So yeah, my opinions. I don't want to hurt anyone, so please, stay chill. I don't wanna be broken in two like a pretzel. Oh, and one more thing: I personally try to stay away from anything DA or BA for one reason, my religion. I believe this is one thing my religion prys me from. Not that I think they're the spawn of hell or anything, just that I like to think that I can join my spirits in the afterlife without getting a big kick in the butt from Jesus or anything. I also think they wouldn't care much for me anyway.

Insanity is the gift that mankind calls a curse.

Less weeds, more blooms, make a change in the world or your not gonna like yourself- From My Waif Fairy

HOW THE FLART DID I GET HERE?!?!

*gotta go fast ladywo1f gotta go fast*
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:
I ceased being a Christian when I was in 8th grade. Because the activities and attitudes did not make sense, made sexuality nasty, and tried to "tie-up" original thinking in all an every way and are still doing this nonsense....
Wonderfully informative post! And I think this is very true for many. The departure from tolerance to intolerance on many levels (social, economic, etc) was a turn-off for many. I hope that in the 21st century they may find their way back to the core principles of being a good neighbor, helping those in need, not turning your back on someone for any discriminatory reason, and re-acknowledging the value of each person's life through respect.
We agree. And I have many high regards to what I would call exceptional Christian, who basically follow part of the Gnostic View that The Xristos/Christ is a source rather than a dictator, and I have had some really good friendships with Catholic Priests...and once many years ago, a deceased friend of mine Father MIke Kunda SJ worked on many charitable things together, and he knew I was a witch. I asked him if I could take the Jesuit training, and he replied, he could fix it for 10 days, and I would have to do everything as asked for, and to never elaborate on my own views.....and I did so, and it was amazingly wonderful, especially the disciplines of time, work, and meditation....

To sum up, I believe that there is a such person as "A RELIGION HIJACKER" and they are everywhere! Why? The answer is simple: This specific type of person just mentioned, is completely afraid of life, and desperately tries to control others, as they cannot control themselves, and find it very hard to truly love anyone and anything.

Here is a non-relious piece of music that in itself, can be a beautiful religion in itself. Take a listen ...
Here is my chosen core formy own religion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tr0otuiQuU

Year ago, a person gave me a lock of his hair, and it changed my life. This is where I truly live.

Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Lionox
neophyte
neophyte
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Noctifera wrote:

The only sources of conflict you are at risk of facing are:
a.) Other people trying to impose their beliefs on you
b.) Not knowing yourself, not understanding fully your own truth..
I hope you don't mind me quoting a small end part of your post for the purpose of saying I think it could apply to anyone who is unsure of their own beliefs...

Knowing yourself is infinitely important. Knowing your truth is infinitely empowering.

Lionox
neophyte
neophyte
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

LadyWo1f wrote:Okay peeps, this is an interesting topic so far, so I'm gonna pitch in for a second. I'm a Christian myself, and I can get how people can get hurt/shunned/"brainwashed" about it. I believe in the Bibles teachings and such, and I believe some people just take it too far (Ex. Amish, that crazy parent who shoves and crams their beliefs down their child's throat until they decide to become atheist, etc.) So, this is what I think could have happened (WARNING: Christian trying to make hypotheses, perhaps slightly biased by her own religion)

1. I believe all religions may have been brought to earth for some reason, such as some intelligent being. Not like aliens or anything (ugg, aliens, *shivers*) but like a shaman or psychic. Maybe they ended up discovering this godly being, an example like Anubis or something, and decided to tell the people and spread. Yet again, this is opinion. I don't wanna hurt anyone, so bare with me.

May I ask why you don't seem to like aliens? I am genuinely curious, simply because I like hearing everyone's thoughts.

2. So let's say, god created earth. There was still a chance that after the great flood (Noah's ark) the entities god tried to vanquish were still alive (gregori as an example, since I read about this somewhere). God tried to get rid of them due to them teaching man of God's power (tarot, astronomy, conjuring etc.) He didn't want man to know of this power because he wanted mankind to be safe from one another, wanted them to not stray from their beliefs, and ultimately not to misuse it. Also, the gregori started picking up chicks like crazy so god was all like "Ah heck no I sent you there to guide and protect them not bang them bro". So yeah, what I've read was quite interesting. God tried to start the world anew in his image, but hey, looky here. Perhaps this event led to learning of things beyond our imaginations, different beliefs of gods and life, and ultimately, a start of learning magick. I don't know, just opinion with reasoning.

You make me laugh, I like your comment - "Also the gregori started picking chicks like crazy"... lol!

3. What's the point of proving who's right and wrong? As long as your religion doesn't make you go bananas over killing people, then your fine. Make the world happy, plant some flowers, feed the homeless or something. I hate how terrorists use the excuse of religion to hurt people. It's ruining the religion itself.

When people have something to defend (i.e Ego) it becomes a "you're wrong and I'm right" situation.

4. I try to get a perspective on anyone's ideals and beliefs, as long as they're reasonable. I don't judge, I try to see the good in it, how they feel about it, what they do, etc. I believe many religions are here for a reason, but just prefer Christianity simply because of the things in my life that have happened, especially spirit keeping. I believe it's a gift from god, and someone on this forum said something like that and I agree. Just don't abuse it. Also, I try to learn about the religion. For example, some people are so ignorant in their own religion they make accusations against others, such as witches. I almost even believed it until I did my research. They are just people doing there own thing, who have their own power and smarts, I think it's fantastic. I was a little concerned when I started spirit keeping, but I assure myself I wouldn't have even found this if god didn't want me to, so yeah, I'm here.

5. I believe in the term, "Beware of false prophets".If there's some crazy lunatic yelling "Drink koolaide and kill each other to be be saved by Christ" then of course I'm gonna walk away. I feel that I can believe what I want to believe about god and about other beliefs, but trying to force people to believe what I think is a no no. I don't want my beliefs to hurt a thing, and I don't want anyone's to hurt me as well. I can change if I want, I have a soul, god shaped it like a boss, and cool, I'm a thing.

So yeah, my opinions. I don't want to hurt anyone, so please, stay chill. I don't wanna be broken in two like a pretzel. Oh, and one more thing: I personally try to stay away from anything DA or BA for one reason, my religion. I believe this is one thing my religion prys me from. Not that I think they're the spawn of hell or anything, just that I like to think that I can join my spirits in the afterlife without getting a big kick in the butt from Jesus or anything. I also think they wouldn't care much for me anyway.

I like your honesty in this post.

Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

For me, I don't follow any religion, nor am I completely atheist. The term that people say is "agnostic" (and some look down on it) but it fits for me, mostly. It's not so much agnosticism, (but that's what I'll say anyways, so people don't get confused) but a belief in what I have experienced.

For example, I know my Beings, (spirits, and whatever else I may acquire) are real. I know DLM's alphas are real (thanks iamwookie! XD) and so forth. I know there is more out there than I may understand. I know my spells are real. I know science, like quantum physics, is "real".

Beyond that, I don't know. So it's neither real nor fake. I will say I don't believe in things, until I have personal proof though.

If tomorrow, a goddess of playing cards wants to approach me and tell me she is real, then I'll know it's real, (after I make sure no one put something in my drink earlier...) but until she does, you'll have a tough time convincing me.

Same for the Christian "God" the "gods" in Greek myths, pagan things like the "earth mother" (I think that's the term?) and so forth.

And, if any of those are real, but decide to keep themselves hidden, then they should be fine with me not believing that they are real.

After all, if they really want me to know they existed, they should show up. Obviously, they aren't too concerned about little 'ol me, if they are real.

Same for death, logic, and so forth. I have no idea what happens after death, and until someone cares to tell me, I won't know. Another option that could be, is you have a choice.
You get to choose whether you want to wander the planet as a spirit, go to a "afterlife" fade away out of existence, or be reborn on earth.
Or maybe your soul is given the choice. As I do think you are your spirit, not your soul.

Hmm; maybe that changes my perspective. Lol. Ah well.

So no matter what, I don't "follow" any one religion, it's more so I have what I believe in, and what I think is fake. It's defined by me, and my experiences alone.

For example, I highly doubt a Nyan cat god exists, unless DLM decides to make an alpha as such.

Don't get any ideas.

That's just my 2cents though. :) Everyone has their preferences, and is allowed their own opinions.

Cheers!

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Speaking as a Christian, I believe that there really was a Jesus of Nazareth who walked the earth and taught the things about love, forgiving, mercy, generosity, etc. that we see represented in print.

I also believe that there are individuals who have twisted and misused their warped versions of Christianity to oppress and hurt others... and I don't think they're going to like how that works out for them in their afterlife. Weaponizing Christ is pretty much the polar OPPOSITE of those above-mentioned teachings about love, forgiving, mercy, generosity, etc.

But just because there are some mean and spiteful people using some warped version of Christianity to trample all over other people, doesn't negate the teachings about love, forgiving, mercy, generosity, etc. Here's a little litmus test: if someone who claims to be spreading Christian teaching is either waving their halo in someone's face, or spewing mean and nasty things, they've started to drift away from the actual messages that are attributed to Jesus the Christ. If they're teaching anything BUT love, forgiving, mercy, generosity, etc., then they need to re-evaluate their message.

I don't buy the "WE MADE UP CHRISTIANITY!!!11!!!" proclamation, because whoever first said that could have just as much of an agenda to push as anyone who's weaponizing Christianity for their own benefit. Weaponizing anti-Christianity is also a thing (in some cases, in response to the folks who weaponized Christianity... it's a vicious cycle). The only thing I'm interested in is the teachings about love, forgiving, mercy, generosity, etc. Those are the things that have actual merit. Anything that either exalts some people to the detriment of others, or pushes down some people to the benefit of others, is to be discarded.

<steps off soapbox>

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”