You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fae
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Thea or you can just call me Fey
Zodiac:

Great going p’yunik, you could always have a unsweetened flavored seltzer or even a little Italian flavored sparkling waters if you wanted an occasional treat that way, but one that was on the healthy end of such things.

I haven't had sodas regularly in years now and have felt so much better from that. They say the caffeine ones with carbonation actually sort of suck the much needed calcium and magnesium out of your bones. If you're prone to osteoporosis all the worse.

My diet even though super healthy wouldn't fit the sagan plan, too much lean meats although mostly not red meat. It's interesting to consider though. A lot of the foods I eat are foods that are allowed on the plan and definitely are things that make me feel good so I can see how it would work.

Best wishes!

Spirit of the Earth... remember...
Spirit of the Sky... remember...
Lampropeltis
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gods and creatures.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human's fine for now
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a mystery! ;)
Zodiac:

SEER777 wrote:
ash-mda wrote: I'M NOT TRYING TO LIVE FOREVER, JUST UNTIL THE SOLAR FLARES IN 2011-2012 WIPE US ALL OUT.
:scared: *goes to garage for shovel and starts digging bunker*
IMO the trouble is not us getting crispy-fried, but our electronic shinies. Happened with telegraph wires in the 1800's and we're far more dependent on our goodies now, than then.

And then the zombies. Always those pesky zombies. :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: Thank goodness for technological advances like the doorknob.

Back to faeries, I couldn't have a Sagen Faery. The poor sweet being would weep on seeing my diet.

"With great power comes great responsibility." -Uncle Ben
moongypsy
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: dark and white
If I could be anything, I would be...: I like being me
My magical/paranormal name...: moongypsy

An old thread but I'm considering a Sagen Faery. The diet does look like it might be quite the challenge to get accustomed to but would have fit me perfectly 10 years ago when I lived in a city that allowed me to eat this way very, very easily and I did. Now I live in a small, mountain town where the locals love eating their red meat and hunting, and I must travel over an hour away for fresh, organic produce. I eat healthfully but I eat more meat than I used to. I'm cutting down and I've been juicing, eating raw about 75% of every day but wow... no salt? No tea? I don't drink coffee but I LOVE my morning cup of tea and have no desire to give it up. It will take me a while to get to where I want to be diet-wise before welcoming a Sagen into my spirit family.

So.... does anyone have any experiences with their Sagen Fae to share?

There is a thin line between brilliance and insanity
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

Obviously, ideally the diet would be great for everyone all the time. Realistically, take your favorite no-nos in moderation. One cup of coffee a day isn't going to harm you, even two cups would be fine. The diet works even when you take the majority of it and apply it around some of your favorite treats. I would say try to cut out as much red meat as possible, but even a reduction to one serving a week would result in weight loss.

Protein is really important, and I don't know where the post is on here, I thought it was in this thread, but it's not, one of the members on an earlier version of the board was a physical trainer and he said chicken & broccoli should be staples, and as much protein as you can get. He said eating chicken, fish, & seafood for your main course with as many vegetables as you want. And to limit your fruit intake, including fruit juice, to once a week. As little sugar as possible, basically.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
moongypsy
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: dark and white
If I could be anything, I would be...: I like being me
My magical/paranormal name...: moongypsy

Thanks Magnolia, for sharing that.

There is a thin line between brilliance and insanity
Athena Winter
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sanguine Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Araminta Narsinthia
Zodiac:

I've been really drawn to a Sagen Fae lately...to be honest I've always wanted one bound to my spirit but the diet aspect makes me nervous...I'm a vegetarian but I'm a fresh ground coffee fiend and I like a beer (or several) at the weekend too 1e plus I get a lot of my protein from cheese (love the stuff!)

I can't stop looking them up/thinking about them though, I just feel they'd inspire me immensely with eating better and making better choices with my diet in general. Just the thought of upsetting them because of eating/drinking things off the 'naughty list' kills me though, but maybe it's the final push I need to take better care of myself?...

Has anyone got any experiences they'd like to share?...not sure many people keep them as all the threads/posts on them here are quite old - I'm particularly curious about keepers who haven't religiously stuck to the diet and how they responded!

Thanks for reading 1ks

Blessed to be a part of the ::ch:: family
AriesStarChild_
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 52
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep

I just purchased a listing for one of these friends, I don’t drink coffee, I don’t eat salt on my fries, I drink water a lot and when you do things like soda/sweets become too much (too salty and too sweet) at least for me. I think my biggest thing will be cheese x D yah girl loves cheese but I won’t cut it cold turkey. Especially bc recently I try to eat it only once a day. I realize a lot of foods have meet, cheese or bread. I’ve also been trying to stay away from bread and go to pastas so I can ween myself from breads. I want to be healthier. I’m excited and can’t wait for him to be matched/bound to me. I have some health goals I’m meeting by using magic for my body, then waking up earlier and not being so lazy, now to have one of these guys and an Arabian djinn help me out with my body/fitness goals : ) I’m excited

D(Bronwyn Angel)A(Sterling Angel)N(Merman)Y(Sanguine Vampire)D(Courtwind Angel)N(Courtwind Angel)F(Fallow Dragon)H(Moss Dragon)F(Gregori)D(Red Demon entity)K(custom kitsune alpha)A(Seraphim Angel entity)Z(slime girl alpha)S(micro bug girl)M(fallen angel)M(Demon-Neb Djinn) L and J(werewolves)J(Concuan)R(DemonVampire)P(Fallen angel entity)R(Succubus Queen)M(Vampire Prince)E(Incubus)D(nympho)
3 spirit guides,DionysisDelinquent(A)ElementalDemon(A)

~Knowledge is at my fingertips~
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Athena Winter wrote:I've been really drawn to a Sagen Fae lately...to be honest I've always wanted one bound to my spirit but the diet aspect makes me nervous...I'm a vegetarian but I'm a fresh ground coffee fiend and I like a beer (or several) at the weekend too 1e plus I get a lot of my protein from cheese (love the stuff!)

I can't stop looking them up/thinking about them though, I just feel they'd inspire me immensely with eating better and making better choices with my diet in general. Just the thought of upsetting them because of eating/drinking things off the 'naughty list' kills me though, but maybe it's the final push I need to take better care of myself?...

Has anyone got any experiences they'd like to share?...not sure many people keep them as all the threads/posts on them here are quite old - I'm particularly curious about keepers who haven't religiously stuck to the diet and how they responded!

Thanks for reading 1ks
I just saw the last post, that refreshed this thread and thought I could answer this question now.

Before I got my custom conjure Sagen fairy, I asked CH support about the Sagen diet and was told it's not compulsory. The diet I have kept to is one advised by my national health service and a healthy living course funded by them, which draws on contemporary health knowledge. I'm not vegan; my diet is mainly plant based but I do eat some meat, fish and dairy. This is apparently not a problem.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Just don't forget that individuals may have different diets that work for them. E.g. secret of longevity according to several centenarians:
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... e-dont-die
Consulting with your doctors and nutritionists may be helpful to construct the diet fit for you.

And remember that it's a diet, not religion. Unless it is closely connected to your religious belief and practice, e.g. cows are holy, pigs are dirty, etc. : P
Don't force yourself like this person:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI1Be8C37-k

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
AriesStarChild_
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 52
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep

Eh I don’t mind following the diet at all x D I love a challenge ! If anything it’ll be fun to change a few things as I go along. Having a little fitness pal sounds like fun

D(Bronwyn Angel)A(Sterling Angel)N(Merman)Y(Sanguine Vampire)D(Courtwind Angel)N(Courtwind Angel)F(Fallow Dragon)H(Moss Dragon)F(Gregori)D(Red Demon entity)K(custom kitsune alpha)A(Seraphim Angel entity)Z(slime girl alpha)S(micro bug girl)M(fallen angel)M(Demon-Neb Djinn) L and J(werewolves)J(Concuan)R(DemonVampire)P(Fallen angel entity)R(Succubus Queen)M(Vampire Prince)E(Incubus)D(nympho)
3 spirit guides,DionysisDelinquent(A)ElementalDemon(A)

~Knowledge is at my fingertips~

Return to “Faery”