Good work, Search Team and Retribution Team!

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

So, yesterday, I arrived at work at about 7:30 AM, which is normal for me. I work in a dermatology clinic that's attached to a large teaching hospital. Close to where my desk is, is a room labeled the "Touchdown Room". I'm not entirely sure why it has that name, but it's where doctors and med students go when they want to log on and, I'm sure, discuss cases. Other folks don't normally go in there. (There are some records in there that I need access to, as I am scanning paper documents into people's electronic charts; otherwise, I wouldn't have reason to go in there, either.)

When I arrived at my desk, the door to the Touchdown Room was open and a petite woman was crying. A young man had his arm around her, consoling her. I hadn't the faintest idea what could've happened to precipitate this. I was wondering if a patient had gotten an especially bad diagnosis, but I doubted that was the case because patients don't normally go in that room. If a doc was talking to a patient, it'd be in one of the treatment rooms.

Fast-forward a few minutes. Suddenly, campus police AND hospital security guards all came trooping in. There had to be at least six people in uniform, and I'm thinking the grand total was a bit north of that number.

Long story short: the folks in the Touchdown Room are med students. One of them, the petite woman, had just been robbed at gunpoint about eight blocks from the hospital (though still on the university's campus; hence, the campus police and hospital security both responded). She was uninjured, thank God, but understandably traumatized.

It turns out that a person fitting the same description had robbed no fewer than FOUR people in that area between the previous night and that morning. (Did I mention it was only 7:30 AM?) Having seen how upset this poor young woman was, THAT was all I needed to hear. Four robberies? Let's get this guy shut down before he makes it five. I sent out a task for my Search Team (which includes spirits like Hellhounds and a Cerberus), as well as my Retribution Team, and told them to help the police catch this crook before he robbed anyone else. I wanted this putz off the streets before he traumatized any more people, or, perhaps, started to escalate to inflicting physical harm.

My wraith pointed out, "We are bound to protect YOU, not these other people." But I said that I still wanted them to help get the culprit arrested. I was not only angry on behalf of the med student and his other victims, but this person is committing robberies on the same campus where I work. So if they preferred to focus on keeping ME safe, then making my workplace safer could be considered a part of that.

Fast-forward to the end of the day. Word started spreading through the department that the suspect was arrested. GOOD. And well done, Search and Retribution Teams! I salute you all, right along with the good police work that led to the apprehension.

I hope it's a source of consolation to his victims that the guy is now off the streets.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
xXTsukiNoOokamiXx
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires, Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Okami Yokai (maybe)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Ōkami
Zodiac:

Good work. 2wk

Spirits: 23
Entities: 11
Immortals: 2
"Stop comparing yourself to others. Your accomplishments or lack thereof matter not. No one else can be you. So long as you remain proud of yourself you will attract opportunities and success. Be proud!" -Okami yokai Katsu.
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

1bw 1tu

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
AhLoong
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 24
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Not sure
Zodiac:

Well done to the search & retribution teams!

To overcome fear, you must embrace it.

Return to “Spirit Tasking”