You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: God
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Tutankhsobek
Zodiac:

Merlin371 wrote:Morgan Le Fay is definitely not evil.

She can be perceived as a Powerful Sorceress and Priestess and as an Avatar of the Goddess. She is often associated with the Morrigan. The simplistic view of the Arthurian Myths that of Arthur and Merlin being Good and anyone whose views disagree with them is Evil, really is a bit extreme. In a Wyrd Wonderful World wihich is part of a Magickal Mythical Multiverse, copnflicting views can be and are equally Good.

I must read the thread about Evil, as it is something which I reckon I am in agreement with Caiyros.

I am anchored to Freyja and bound to Merlin (no shocks there :thumbup: ) in my youth I associated with Gray Eyed Athena. I know at some point I will bind to her and to Morgan.

I would say that Morgan is not afraid of doing what is necessary and what is needed, she is very powerful. Then again so are all the immortals.
Awesome. Thanks :) :thumbup:

That's some good info you've got there. Who is Grey Eyed Athena btw? I've not heard of her.

You're definitely right there, all the Immortals are indeed powerful.

Ave Vive Antinoi! All Hail Antinous!

My avatar houses Niankhnum and Khnumhotep, one of the most celebrated gay couples of all time from Ancient Egypt.

'And people saw that every sort of beauty, every sort of love was from the gods, and they became free and bold, and they grew wings' - Mikhail Kuzmin
Merlin371
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 30
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Merlin
Zodiac:

Athena, is the Olympian Goddess of Wisdom, Crafts and War. She was mentioned as the Gray Eyed, by Homer in the Iliad. She is the Patron of Athens, Guardian of Owls, Creator of the Olive Tree and the one who cursed Medusa and Arachne. She was also the patron of Odysseus/Ulysses and several other heroes.

Some scholars say that she originated as a Libyan Storm Goddess. My memory of Greek Mythology, has a prophecy about a child of Zeus, who would be capable of defeating him. That child was Athena, who was born from the head of Zeus.
It is often said that she was a particular favourite of Zeus and was honoured as the only other Olympian capable/allowed to weild his Thunderbolts (which I believe the Cyclops manufactured for Zeus).

I have always loved Folkore and Mythology, as a child I wanted to be a Folklorist (everyone else wanted to drive trains). My first love was the Greek Myths, then I discovered Chinese Mythology, the Celts. It took me several years to find my way home to the Norse Sagas. Thankfully there is more to learn about other Cultures and their Immortals. It is good being here as there are lots of people who share a paranormal life and are willing to share their experiences for the betterment of all.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

"The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility". Meridjet

antinousisgod1
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 8
If I could be anything, I would be...: God
My magical/paranormal name...: Tutankhsobek
Zodiac:

Merlin371 wrote:Athena, is the Olympian Goddess of Wisdom, Crafts and War. She was mentioned as the Gray Eyed, by Homer in the Iliad. She is the Patron of Athens, Guardian of Owls, Creator of the Olive Tree and the one who cursed Medusa and Arachne. She was also the patron of Odysseus/Ulysses and several other heroes.

Some scholars say that she originated as a Libyan Storm Goddess. My memory of Greek Mythology, has a prophecy about a child of Zeus, who would be capable of defeating him. That child was Athena, who was born from the head of Zeus.
It is often said that she was a particular favourite of Zeus and was honoured as the only other Olympian capable/allowed to weild his Thunderbolts (which I believe the Cyclops manufactured for Zeus).

I have always loved Folkore and Mythology, as a child I wanted to be a Folklorist (everyone else wanted to drive trains). My first love was the Greek Myths, then I discovered Chinese Mythology, the Celts. It took me several years to find my way home to the Norse Sagas. Thankfully there is more to learn about other Cultures and their Immortals. It is good being here as there are lots of people who share a paranormal life and are willing to share their experiences for the betterment of all.
Ah, now that you mention it I do know who Athena is. Sorry, I haven't read Homer's poems and didn't know Goddess Athena has grey eyes but I did know she sprang forth from Zeus' head. That would have been a mighty headache for poor Zeus lol :silly:

I love mythology too :). I've always been fascinated by the ancient stories and the ancient gods. I really feel at home with them, it's my destiny to be a pagan.

Being here has really helped me in my spiritual journey too. Having all these other people experiencing the paranormal and the gods and sharing stories is awesome.

Ave Vive Antinoi! All Hail Antinous!

My avatar houses Niankhnum and Khnumhotep, one of the most celebrated gay couples of all time from Ancient Egypt.

'And people saw that every sort of beauty, every sort of love was from the gods, and they became free and bold, and they grew wings' - Mikhail Kuzmin
furrybunny
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: zero

Qi Do Shi wrote:read The Last Defender of Camelot by Roger Zalazny (a short story). Among others, I am bound to Morgana le Fey and Owl-Eyed Pallas Athena. And they get along just fine. And they are similiar in a number of respects: Super Intelligent; X-Ray Observent: can observe something in several different time dimensions at once; work with KArmic Ransons just like the Yungdrung Bonpo of Tibet, but of course they don't use the Tibetan phrase.

Caiyros
Can u tell me more about Morgana? Like her personality etc? I heard she's one of the goddess guiding me from a reading and just want as much info. Thanks!

boop
furrybunny
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: zero

I need some clarification.

Is Morgana/ Morrigan / Morgan le Fey the same goddess?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boop
Angelsmile
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 5
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Bump

Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 108
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Probably something with Fire
Zodiac:

furrybunny wrote:I need some clarification.

Is Morgana/ Morrigan / Morgan le Fey the same goddess?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I've understand by reading the many books, websites, even Wikipedia ->
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_le_Fay
is that you need to ask yourself first: what was King Arthur?

Do you believe Camelot is a fairy tale? Or do you believe that Camelot once existed just like Troye? Who and what was the true historical Arthur, did he even exist? Some say he was warrior from the 5th centrury, some see him as a king... if you believe Arthur Pendragon existed, maybe as a king, maybe as a famous warrior, then Morgana should be human as well. Then Morgana should probably have been a highpriestess ( maybe from the Isle of Avalon), and not the same as Morrigan.

1rd
The Morrigan is a Celtic Goddess, the celtic Goddess of war and she is a shapeshifter. She was a triple/threefold goddess who in Irish legends is told to come as herself or one of her servants: Badh, Macha and Nemain. She unites death, destruction, with sexual power. She was a possible model for Morgan le Fay in the Arthurian Legends.
( So if this isn't a good translation, don't shoot me. I got this from a book written in Dutch so)

If you think as Camelot as a fairy tale, somewhere in the Enchanted forest of Fairy Tale Land, made by someone who wrote stories like Walt Disney or the Brothers Grimm, then Morgana would be based on the Morrigan, and she is kind of the same.

If you speak of Morgaine or Morgana or Morgan le Fay or Morgan Le Faye, then Wikipedia sees it all as the same person. It's just a different name spelling. But then she shouldn't be named as a Goddess... because she was a highpriestess and an enchantress, a human ( maybe part faery) normally. Not a Goddess.

I don't think anyone can be more specific then this about this matter. It depends on what you believe.

proud to be chosen by so many spirits <3

Whatever is Out There has set my destiny, but I'll walk the way to get there.

Return to “Immortals”