Artemis

Nova Midnight
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I haven't seen very many threads about Artemis, so I wanted to start one.

Does anyone have any experience in working with her that they'd be willing to share?

Companions: 5 vampires, 2 werewolves, 2 hellcats, 3 hellhounds, 1 manticore, 1 drow elf, 1 damoin, 1 phoenix, 1 lunadon, 1 bakeneko, 1 reiki dragon, 1 kitsune, 1 werephoenix, 1 wraith, 3 demons, 1 shadow drainer, 1 nephilim, 1 reaper, 1 slime queen, 1 alpha, 1 firefly girl
Immortals: Nyx, Thanatos, Artemis, Hekate, Athena, Hades, Anubis, Mari
it is what it is
Waiting on: Owl Familiar, Hades Hound, Hades Nymph, Alpha Lord, Alpha
Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 108
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Probably something with Fire
Zodiac:

hmm... strange that no one answered yet. I was looking for more information about Artemis as well... I found this treath: http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/pos ... is#p713972

I heard about the Greek Gods in my History lessons about ancient Greece, but I got to know more about her thanks to the books of Percy Jackson. She seems like a great lady in those books, but I've not worked with her before. But it seems her Roman counterpart is Diana, the goddess who went hunting with her bow. I always viewed Diana/Artemis as the first feminist ( cause I only got to know about Lilith later) after I read a book from the dutch writer Thea Beckman... in that book Diana is used as a nickname for a not-so-ladylike medieval girl who likes to hunt like men from her time do.

Artemis seems to be the goddess of Animals... ( I was looking for an immortal of wild animals, to put an image of him/her in my shed, next to my chipmunk pets, cause those are my babies and I don't want anyone to hurt them. Artemis is the only one that popped up on Google)

I know more about her twin brother honestly, more than Ares I always was swooning for Apollo :-) And if they are twins, they should be kinda alike I guess.

But yeah, maybe only virgins work with Artemis and Athena ( who I like as well), and more experienced girls go with Aphrodite? I'm wondering, does anyone know about the mythical woman the Amazones? Would they follow Ares into battle, or were they more followers of Artemis and Athena? Cause the group only existed out of females, If I do remember correctly?

proud to be chosen by so many spirits <3

Whatever is Out There has set my destiny, but I'll walk the way to get there.
Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

Percy Jackson is not a reliable source of information. The author borrowed from Greek mythology and changed a bunch of stuff. She is the huntress and if you are not careful you may become the prey.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Instrument of the end fire083 wrote:Percy Jackson is not a reliable source of information. The author borrowed from Greek mythology and changed a bunch of stuff. She is the huntress and if you are not careful you may become the prey.
I know it's just a book, but it's the only source of information I could think of ;-) But do you have some experiences with Artemis, that you're saying you should be carefull?

sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I'm saying two things. One never use pop culture as a source since a lot of it is wrong. And two Artemis is the goddess of the hunt besides everything else she is. Don't expect her to behave like she is depicted in a book that has Percy as the son of posiden and not Zeus which he actually is.

Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Instrument of the end fire083 wrote:I'm saying two things. One never use pop culture as a source since a lot of it is wrong. And two Artemis is the goddess of the hunt besides everything else she is. Don't expect her to behave like she is depicted in a book that has Percy as the son of posiden and not Zeus which he actually is.
Before you make claims like this, you should search wikipedia on how Percy came into existence. It's not stated that Percy is based upon Perseus. Rick Riordan has based Percy upon real-life people like his own son, and other young persons he knew.

In my honest opinion, the Gods and Goddesses ( all the Immortals) watch us more closely than we can imagine. If someone was going to write a story about Zeus who in reality is a fat nerd, who is addicted to silly computer games, and doesn't know how to Woo women... I doubt the story would even be published.
And as the Gods are so powerfull as people claim them to be, I'm sure the God(desse)s can give us a simple nudge when we are writing stories about them.

But a good fictional book will always exist out of: part fantasy, part real.
So basically, this book would be a good starter to get to know more about the Goddess Artemis. This is what is said of Artemis:
The 8th Olympian and the Goddess of the Moon, Wild Animals, Youth, and Hunting. Artemis is the daughter of Zeus and Leto and the twin sister of Apollo. Artemis, true to her vows, is distrusting of men who discourages the companionship or value of men, and encourages maidenhood. As a result, she has no demigod children, but recruits Hunters who serve as her companions and attendants. Cabin 8 is her honorary home at Camp Half-Blood, but because she is a virgin, it is populated only when her Hunters come to visit.
Now it's to us to puzzle what is real and what is fantasy.

But don't easily throw away books or movies like this, because you think it's BS. It is written, and it's published, and a movie was made of it as well.
I'm sure that in the end, the Gods are watching us. Every move we make, every vow we break, and every breath we take.
And as this has been the only information the OP receives on Artemis, it's better to look into it, than walk away from it.

But as you want another real-life story on Artemis. My chipmunk-pet lost a part of his tail two days ago, and I was all shocked. I went totally overboard, printed the images of Athena ( cause she is awesome), Isis ( because she is motherly) and Artemis ( cause she is the only Goddess I found for Wild Animals), and put them in my shed, begging them to watch over my pets so they would be safe. Later that day I found a comment on FB about an American woman who wants Siberian Chipmunks. That was the best comment I heard in over a year or two, cause thanks to this EU Alien Species law my chipmunks are prevented from breeding. I was always planning to get myself an Eastern Chipmunk to breed with the next generation of my chipmunks, so I could keep chipmunk-pets for the rest of my lifetime. So basically, in no time I got this amazing plan to let my chipmunks breed, ship a lot of their babes over to the USA ( cause they would be safe in the USA and be welcomed, where as in Europe, they are not welcomed), and get an Eastern ( cause that one isn't listed in this EU law) in place, and breed a new Chipmunk-race, called the Devils Chipmunk ( cause I'm from Belgium obviously) or European Chipmunk. In no time I would become rich ( because I would be a chipmunk-breeder) and famous ( as I would have discovered a new species) and my life would be settled. I'm not sure if this was thanks to Isis, Athena or Artemis, but anyways, if you want any story about them, here you go.

So basically, in my opinion, Artemis is the twin sister of Apollo, who is totally hot, so she is kinda awesome. And I don't think the books of Rick Riodan portray her badly.

sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

The characters personality may be based on the authors child. The character is based on perseous.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

I really enjoy the Percy Jackson books. I’ve read all of them multiple times. Instrument is correct, though. At their *best* (and they are not always at their best in this regard) the books just scratch the surface of the Greek spiritual world. They are very good for piquing interest, as they have done for you. They are not very good for anything like gnosis, cultural, personal, verified or otherwise.

That said, there are some very good resources available to you.

I would, without question, start with Walter Burkhart’s book on religion on Ancient Greece. It is indispensable in creating a frame of reference for any further information or interaction with a being like Lady Artemis. It also contains specific information about individual deities too. It is a serious scholarly work, so be ready for that approach, but it is mostly very understandable to a layperson. You can find it here: Greek Religion: Archaic and Classical (Ancient World) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EU96DSK/re ... OBbJWZKPJR

The Homeric hymns are a wonderful place to go digging too. You should be able to access those for free if you go looking around.

If you like what you read and are still interested in working with Lady Artemis I would recommend two other books. One is called Devotional Polytheism (Devotional Polytheism: An Introduction https://www.amazon.com/dp/150255786X/re ... OBbAT6MDM9) And it will help you establish a personal practice of your own with almost any deity. It is invaluable no matter which Gods or Goddesses you land on. Another is Hellenic Polytheism (Hellenic Polytheism : Household Worship (Volume 1) https://www.amazon.com/dp/1503121887/re ... OBbZ10Y1J6) and it is *the* book on reconstructed personal Greek religious practices. Whether or not you choose a reconstructed practice, as opposed to a more “live” modern one, it will give you a lot of good context and ideas.

Also give this a look: http://www.hellenion.org/essays-on-hell ... e-goddess/

And, VERY IMPORTANTLY, a note about being the prey/hunted: Do not dismiss Instrument’s warning on this matter. No Gods or Goddesses are what I would call Safe. They just aren’t. Not only are their natures, motivations, and views fundamentally different from those of humans, but they ALL have dark sides too. For Goddesses in particular, I see these coming up when a Deity loses His or Her balance. The stories are there, and they are numerous. Artemis is no exception. Tread with extreme respect for Her but also extreme care for yourself. I would warn that under no circumstances should a male or a female who is not at least celibate, if not fully a virgin, attempt a devotional practice with Artemis without rigorous guidance from someone with a great deal of experience whom you trust a LOT. There are exceptions: she is tradjtjonallly invoked in childbirth, for instance, but an invocation is not the same as a devotion. Artemis rather famously hashistorically had things she likes and things she doesn’t.

Follow your heart and your interest, but do so with care. <3

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Traditionally. Curse these pudgy thumbs!!!!

Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

hm you know, an important thing to discuss when we are talking about Gods/Goddesses, is the Sumerian/Babylonian creation myth of Humans:
Humans are part of the Gods ( The People who came out of the Sky/Universe), and humans are no angels either. I was talking to my boyfriend yesterdag and comparing the creation of humans to the movie ' Rise of the Apes,' Spidermans' Best Friend ( I forgot the actors name), is kinda Enki. Ape Caesar is kinda Human.

I'm really suprised how ignorant even people can be on Facebook for instance. Facebook is world-wide, and now we can talk to people we don't even know in real life. So people who don't know you, think they can be rude against you. Some people totally try me or insult me when they don't agree with my opinion. Then I'm like, sitting behind this laptop and it goes red before my eyes. I'm like:' HOW CRAZY ARE YOU THAT YOU DARE TO INSULT A SPIRIT KEEPER WHO HAS A LOT OF TROUBLE CONTAINING HER DARK SIDE?!!'
I'm always trying to be calm ( I'm happy my spirits are more wise than me, otherwise I would have send them out far and wide to get my revenge), but I'm suprised why you make an enemy of someone you don't know. For all you know you could be talking to a serial-killer. So, why even dare to try and be ignorant when you talk to Gods/Goddesses, if even people already have a serious dark side?

So in this case, as humans are children of the Gods, also Gods have a Light Side. Enki did/does love us, and he wasn't/isn't the only one. But just 'Honor Thy Father and Mother'.
As a kid you shouldn't disrespect your human parents either, or you get a spanking. So view them as your Godly Parents/Big Sister/Big Brother. If you are good, they will reward you, if you're bad, be ready to get a spanking.

So about Artemis, she is just like the Big Sister who could do well in a Female Nights Watch ( reference to Game of Thrones). She is probably some kind of an Amazon. Don't forget that she was the one who helped getting her mom with giving birth to the little bro ;-) Respect Artemis, but she isn't as warloving as Ares nor as lady-like as Aphrodite.
I've no binding with Artemis, but I do have one with Aphrodite. My third eye isn't fully open yet, but what I get through about Aphrodite is just... when I first got her, I was truly totally respecting her, calling her Lady Aphrodite and stuff, and I can already sense her being like:' Oh plz stop this Boring thing people have been doing for centruries kiddo!' I kinda made the deal with her to not name her as 'Lady' all the time, and whenever my third eye will be fully open, I'm going on a shopping trip with her and the other gals of my spirit family. And we will probably be giggling all the time, and be like:' Oh yeah this is totally sexy, just buy it and let all guys just faint because you look so gorgeous.' And then I'll be probably asking her like;' Tell us Aphrodite, how did you seduce the God of War,'
So in my opinion, you'll not go shopping with Artemis, but you'll go to the shooting club or you'll swimming in the lake by moon light ( only with girls, cause boys aren't allowed :p ), or you will go searching for animals in the forest.

With Aphrodite you will go to the dance clubs, with Artemis you will have girls sleep overs, and with Athena you'll probably go to chess club ;-) With Ares by your side, you will kick the bullies their *** who ever dare to think they were stronger than you. With Apollo you will join the music group of the school, with Dionysus you will find the best wine hidden in your fathers sellar, with Hephaestus you will do great in Technology class, and with Hermes you'll be training the pigeons to go and deliver mail. And Goddess Hera is probably the classic comparing to your mom, who will be waiting for you when you're out, watching the clock running, tapping her fingertips on the table, and when you get home, way to late, she will give you the angry look and totally go like:' YOU KNOW HOW CONCERNED I WAS?!'

I'm sure we need to respect them, but do we really need to be Afraid of them? I doubt it. The Greek Immortals will be happy enough if you give them a good time. They came into existence in the OLD GREEK/ROMAN Time. How many centruries is that ago? I'm pretty sure the Greek Gods found a way to become modern as well. Don't forget what they have been gone through either. Christianity has driven them away... almost in extinction. This world today has more than 4 billion people who follow Christianity, another part is Muslim, another part is Jewish, another part is Buddhist, another part is Atheist, another part is yet another religion. So will they kill you, or hurt you BIG time if you disrespect them? When you're one the few who honor them, and known they Exist? Humans are smart, don't think the Gods/Goddesses are anything but less. They know... that they need us the same way we need them. We are the Reason they still exist. Because we Believe in them.

You read about Yawheh's Queen/Wife, the Real Queen of Heaven? How She was cast out by The Early Jews? How she was ignored, forgotten? How Her statues have been brought down? How the Altars dedicated to Her have been smashed to pieces? She is left out of the Bible? And She was/is the Mother where God is the Father? If you have children, or you will look to your mom, I'm pretty sure you can already experience and understand the Pain She went through: being Left by almost All of your Children.
And not only She would have experienced that pain, being forgotten, being called Evil, being ignored.

So as an INFJ-personality who is very good in the department Empathy, I do tell you:' Pain can change a person, pain will make you see things differently. None of us is still the same as you were as a child. If you have experienced Heart-break, the Gods/Goddesses have experienced it TEN THOUSAND times over. Honor them, love them, respect them, care for them, and they will return the favor. They will give you the ride of your life, but you have to turn the switch in your head. But please don't go and armour yourself when you'll speak to a goddess.

Best crazy thing you can do is:
when the moon is full, fall flat on your belly, call out:' OH ALMIGHTY LADY ARTEMIS QUEEN OF THE MOON AND THE ANIMALS AND THE FOREST, PLEASE PROVIDE ME WITH INFORMATION ON HOW TO BECOME YOUR BEST FRIEND!!! DO YOU NEED A THOUSAND POEMS, A THOUSAND ARROWS AND BOWS, A THOUSAND VIRGINS SACRIFICED AND A THOUSAND HUNTED ANIMALS BEFORE YOU WILL BECOME MY FRIEND?' She will tell you what you need to do. It will probably be kinda like:' Kiddo, get up and don't hurt your tummy like that, we the Greek Gods don't expect this from you, unlike those Gods people pray to nowadays. Please do not kill anyone for me, I'm not Hades. But of course you can totally write me thousand poems if you want to, but not to sensual cause I'm not like Aphrodite. You can become my best friend by being nice, kind and caring towards me. Call on me whenever you face trouble, and I'll be by your side to protect you. Call on me whenever you're lonely, and I'll be there to talk with you. But most importantly see me as your friend, not an almight Goddess who sits on a throne in Mount Olympus. I'm not your Queen nor Mother, I'm more like your big sister. Just remember that I'm on top of the food chain... but like in the circle of life, we all bring in something. You're just the coyote where as I'm the wolf.'

Return to “Immortals”