active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
Number of Spirits: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Wiccan Warrior Alex wrote:Ruth Montgomery did all her automatic writing on her typewriter! Automatic writing is not my thing either. However, anyone can get yes/no answers using a pendulum.
I have heard of people being able to "automatic type" as well! I've, even, tried it several times but, again, no aptitude for it!

It is true that anyone can get yes/no answers from a pendulum but the true test is in finding out how reliable the answers are! :think: My journey with the pendulum has been an interesting one. I went from discrediting it completely in my teens to being a big fan of it in my thirties! I started "playing" with it in my teens and spent quite a bit of time working with it, documenting answers to questions and, then, awaiting confirmation. I found that most of what I got was complete junk. :frustrated: It was, consistently, crap. I decided that pendulums were complete bull and went on to other things. Two decades down the road I love the thing. I have spent the last twenty years or so studying and trying many different systems of divination and spiritual contact. During that time I have learned that how you phrase your question is of infinite importance. You really have to think out your questions beforehand to figure out if there is anything about them that can be vague or interpreted in more than one way. Can what you are asking, truly, be answered with a simple yes or no? This new realization made me pick up the pendulum again. I find that it is much more reliable now but, mostly, it would seem, when I read for others. (That being based purely on feedback of course) I still get mixed messages when I try to read for myself and I still get a lot of crap for myself. I don't know if it's just that I'm so personally involved with aspects of my own life that I project my desired answer onto the pendulum. I'm willing to bet that happens. But, also, I wonder if we are just not meant to know certain things about our own lives - it's like we just have to experience whatever it is without any preconceived notions or the advantage that might come with knowing something beforehand.

I've also realized that, as a teen, it was all about me of course! I just wanted to know about me. I didn't give a rat's patoot about anybody else :lol: A likely suspect for why I was getting so much crap!

Here's an example of what I mean by "bad phrasing". My mom was recently interested in purchasing a resort. She asked her pendulum the following...."Should we buy the resort?" It said yes. I asked my pendulum if owning and operating the resort would be financially rewarding for us. The pendulum said yes. I, also, asked if our offer on the resort would be accepted and the pendulum said "No" Well, we never even made an offer because our maximum price was about $400,000 less than what the owners ended up asking for the property! The thing is...how can you get a reliable answer to a question like "Should we buy the resort?" :daze: There will always be pros and cons - reasons to buy and reasons not to. I did a tarot reading and found that owning and running the business as a family would, likely, cause immense strife among us. This was spelled out in no uncertain terms. The tarot confirmed excellent monetary gains as well. So, I guess, if we want monetary gain it would have been a yes to buy. However, would it be worth the price if it ripped our family apart? I don't think so. The pendulum can only give you a yes or a no so anything it gives you in answer to my Mom's question there would be completely unreliable because it can't specify the criteria that it used to base it's answer on. :irked: For me, the solution, other than being careful of phrasing, is to also follow up with a tarot reading which gives a more complete picture.

Mind you, the pendulum can also give "unable to answer" or "maybe" to those who know it can! :angel: I know that my mom doesn't know that it can do that! :eh:

Minimoon
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: ?
If I could be anything, I would be...: live aslong as i wan
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Katara
Zodiac: