good or difficult experiences with Brass Dragons?

Discussions on specific races of dragons.
sweetincense
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: unicorns, dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: bright shadow's dream

Hi there!

I am contemplating a Brass dragon, and I also do not like solitude much these days, so in that respect, a very social friend is great! But....I have difficulty focusing, so too much chattiness could be hard. And....I have a partner who is very introverted and quiet and needs calm in the home.

Could a brass dragon work in that case?

Would love to hear your experiences....

thank you!

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
Zodiac:

I have a few brass dragons, and they LOVE to talk!!!!! So just be aware of that!!!!

If you have trouble sleeping they will lull you right to sleep, at least they do that to me :lol:

They are very magical and can help you in working with magic!!!! ;)

They are very loving to their keepers!!!!! :D

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

I have a Feldgrau dragon (green/brass hybrid). The first night I slept with her, she talked all night. I'm one of those people who simply cannot sleep when there's too much noise. I had to make a rule specific to her about not talking while I was in a stage of sleep where I might wake up... that she could share my dreams, my consciousness, however she wanted to spend time with me, but... that she must do it quietly, so that I get my sleep, which is important for my health.

I did explain that I really enjoyed the conversations, and that it wasn't her that I had a problem with, and that I wanted more communication, and really appreciated her fervor, but that... I had my limits, and I needed her to understand that it was MY limits that were the issue.

She hasn't woken me up since... she's still chatty, but... much more whispery now - like she thinks I must need her to be quiet all the time. I'm not sure what to do about that... I've tried to talk to her, but... Not much luck since then. I worry that I insulted her, even though I was very sure to tell her that I really, really appreciated the conversations.

She's been with me for 8 months now... and apart from that one night of excitable chatter, she's been VERY quiet. I think maybe she was just... jittery from the ride, and her natural way of expressing excitement and anxiety is to talk a lot - that's the brass in her coming out.

The green mystic side is a nice counterpoint, because if you can get her thinking spiritual things... she'll be quiet for a long period of time before suddenly bombarding you with information... all of it rather helpful.

However, she IS a hybrid brass, not a FULL brass... a full brass I don't think is a good idea for me. For one, I talk WAY more than they do, and that would prevent them from being able to express themselves because I also interrupt a lot. Secondly, I sleep lightly, and hear too much either sleeping OR awake. They're just... too much for me, noise wise...

I'll stick to my hybrids. Full-blooded Brass Dragons aren't for everyone. If you like your quiet... you might want to consider a hybrid brass, with something else in it to keep it toned down.

Of course, if you're NOT completely publicly antisocial like myself... a brass might be a great addition to your household. They've got LOTS to share, and they LOVE to do so.

Bright blessings...
Selqet

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
sweetincense
neophyte
neophyte

Hi again, Starfire and Selqet :)

Hmmm...I do have a hard time sleeping, and being lulled to sleep by a chatty dragon sounds....in-ter-est-ing..... ;) But it may go the way it did with you , Selqet--could be too much!

As I said, I also do not like being in solitude very much now. I am more productie with other people around. BUT if someone is talking to me, it distrubs my ability to focus.

I am re-capping and fleshing out some of what I wrote above in case either of you, or someone else has further feedback for me to consider..

My childhood nickname i s "chatty cathy", so I get the tendency! ;) And in fact, due to life circumstances, I often wish I had someone to talk to more. I used to be so sociallly butterfly-ish, but now live in undesired isolation for a large part. And due to other life circumstances, I need all my strenght and focus to simply get things done, and don't have time for socilaizing really... So a bras sdragon sounds great as a frequent companion to simply be near, but not sure I could provide enough "ear" to keep her happy, or if she would be too hard on both my ability to focus, and also if she would bring in a discernibly "busy" and "loud" energy to the household that my partner could detect and be annoyed by....

Do you have an opinion about that? Can they stay quiet and still be happy? I have a silver dragon, so perhpas they could keep each other happy and chatty when I need to focus?

Any thoughts on them affecting other people in proximity to me, as in bf?

I have a lof of spirits (for me) and I can't put tons of time into any single one of them. I usually work with many different ones through the day for little periods of time....

thanks!

keriix
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Zodiac:

I have one on the way !!

But I have a question . Its been said that they are very chatty.

What if I can't hear them ? Like not sensitive and stuff like that.

Would I get constant ringing in my ear lol !

moonwind
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Moonwind
Zodiac:

ok I am alllllll about dragons. So with that in mind, yes a hybrid might be an option but I would like to also suggest a red or pink. Also with these you can ask for a more chatty one, like it would not most likely be as chatty as a brass.

All of my pinks and reds are chat happy. lol ::dragons:: ::dragons:: ::dragons::

Just because it does not work for them does not mean it will not work for you!

ImageImageImage
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
Zodiac:

With my brass dragons and all the ones I have in my keep who will talk my head off, I do have a rule of not keeping me awake at night when I need to sleep!!!!!

Also if I am having trouble sleeping then I will have one, not all, but one to talk to me, so I can drift off, because they will help do that when I am keyed up!!! ;)

If you are trying to meditate, just tell them to be quiet during that time and they will!!!! ;) :thumbup:

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
sweetincense
neophyte
neophyte

Thanks everyone for your replies, and Happy New Year!

Minimoon
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: ?
If I could be anything, I would be...: live aslong as i wan
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Katara
Zodiac: