Candle Magick

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals

Re: Candle Magick

Postby Aurum » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:13 am

I practice candle magick ometimes, or most of the time I use it's tea lights actually. I don't have that many candles around usually. I like my magick as simple as possible so I don't usually use many draws or any extra stuff, works fine for me.

Faevorite
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any Faery Race
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Moon Faery
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Postby Faevorite » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:56 am

Aurum wrote:I practice candle magick ometimes, or most of the time I use it's tea lights actually. I don't have that many candles around usually. I like my magick as simple as possible so I don't usually use many draws or any extra stuff, works fine for me.

Hello Aurum! Thank you for the reminder that intention is really important, I think that with tea light it is more than enough.

I wish to cast more advance spell in the future. Though there are a lot of rules and rituals online it seems. So am a little discouraged.

Gypsy
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 13
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Changes daily
If I could be anything, I would be...: fae
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a secret ;)

Postby Gypsy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:47 pm

Right now I am using a spell that I do monthly to help with finances.I also am currently using one for emotional and spiritual healing for myself and my family as well as another one for protection.This is one reason I use larger candles so that it will last the whole month . I agree that intent is probably the most important thing.I do usually dress my candles with oil and sometimes carve words,symbols or the actual spell on the candle itself .I will usually use a fluid condenser as well.This is another reason large candles work better for me. These things have all happened over time though. Starting with all of this can be tedious at first so definitely go with what feels right for you. When I first started I used prewritten spells but as years passed my confidence grew in my ability and results and now I usually write my own spells. Since I have started spirit keeping I usually ask my spirits for guidance as well. Believe in yourself and go with what feels right. <3

My spirit family members include : black forrest faery, elemental dryad,imp,dark Pegasus,ifrit arabian djinn, black dragon, werewolf,ki-lin, keshalyi,deva,butterfly faery,bannik,Raiju

Huffdamagicdragon
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1221
Spelled Number: 221
Your favorite spirit to work with: Lampades
If I could be anything, I would be...: djinn
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: DämonZerstörer

Postby Huffdamagicdragon » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:18 am

I was doing candle magick before I learned to do sleepweaving. I still use candles and sometimes combine the two by sleepweaving the candle.

Faevorite
neophyte
neophyte

Postby Faevorite » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:46 am

Huffdamagicdragon wrote:I was doing candle magick before I learned to do sleepweaving. I still use candles and sometimes combine the two by sleepweaving the candle.

What is sleepweaving? Sounds like you weave the web of life in your sleeping state of mind. I am just starting out.

Care to share any tips on candle magick?

Gypsy wrote:Right now I am using a spell that I do monthly to help with finances.I also am currently using one for emotional and spiritual healing for myself and my family as well as another one for protection.This is one reason I use larger candles so that it will last the whole month . I agree that intent is probably the most important thing.I do usually dress my candles with oil and sometimes carve words,symbols or the actual spell on the candle itself .I will usually use a fluid condenser as well.This is another reason large candles work better for me. These things have all happened over time though. Starting with all of this can be tedious at first so definitely go with what feels right for you. When I first started I used prewritten spells but as years passed my confidence grew in my ability and results and now I usually write my own spells. Since I have started spirit keeping I usually ask my spirits for guidance as well. Believe in yourself and go with what feels right. <3

Wow, where do you learn all this? From books or do you have a practitioner teaching you? I am using tealight candle now. I plan to use runes to help with my path. Studying Nordic runes for now. Will be trying to use Ansuz rune to increase my communication with my Spirit Companions soon.

I tend to let the candle run all night, so big candles will be expensive for me. Not to mention oils are expensive here. Young Living Oil is expensive here.

I have written some spells already, will have to further intensify my intention. Thank you for your kind advice and the positive affirmation!
<3

Huffdamagicdragon
venerated member
venerated member

Postby Huffdamagicdragon » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:47 pm

sleep weaving is casting magick during sleep. Huffette's (my wife)dragon taught me this method and is extremely powerful because when i am asleep, I don't have the limitations imposed by my conscious mind.

Gypsy
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 13
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Changes daily
If I could be anything, I would be...: fae
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a secret ;)

Postby Gypsy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:11 pm

I read....A LOT!! When I was young my grandmother taught me about herbs, stones and tarot. After she passed when I was a teenager, my mother disliked my working with these things so I stopped for years until moving away. Then I started reading and working on my own. Give yourself time to find out what you are drawn to and what you may have a natural affinity for. I have always loved tarot but have really had to work hard to be decent at it. I still get frustrated. Candle Magick on the other hand just seemed natural to me. I think it's a fire thing. It sounds like you are drawn to runes. That sounds exciting! I have read a couple books on the Northern Traditions but it wasn't something that I was drawn to.One good book you may try is "Exploring the Northern Tradition" by Galina Krasskova.It was very informative. I also noticed that you enjoy working with fae. A great beginner book is "Faery Magick" by Sirona Knight. I still go back to it. Good luck and be patient. Bright Blessings! 1ey

My spirit family members include : black forrest faery, elemental dryad,imp,dark Pegasus,ifrit arabian djinn, black dragon, werewolf,ki-lin, keshalyi,deva,butterfly faery,bannik,Raiju

Faevorite
neophyte
neophyte

Postby Faevorite » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:13 am

Gypsy wrote:I read....A LOT!! When I was young my grandmother taught me about herbs, stones and tarot. After she passed when I was a teenager, my mother disliked my working with these things so I stopped for years until moving away. Then I started reading and working on my own. Give yourself time to find out what you are drawn to and what you may have a natural affinity for. I have always loved tarot but have really had to work hard to be decent at it. I still get frustrated. Candle Magick on the other hand just seemed natural to me. I think it's a fire thing. It sounds like you are drawn to runes. That sounds exciting! I have read a couple books on the Northern Traditions but it wasn't something that I was drawn to.One good book you may try is "Exploring the Northern Tradition" by Galina Krasskova.It was very informative. I also noticed that you enjoy working with fae. A great beginner book is "Faery Magick" by Sirona Knight. I still go back to it. Good luck and be patient. Bright Blessings! 1ey

Wow, you have such a young start in this journey. I just started out not too long ago, except for crystals. I started out with crystals when I was young. Learning tarot and oracle cards now, oracle come pretty easily to me. I love my Faery Forest by Lucy Cavendish. Not so for tarot though. Lots of memorization to do.

"Exploring the Northern Tradition" sounds like a good book, will have to pick it up one of these day. I have "Faery Magick" by Sirona Knight! Lots of ritual to follow though and I don't have access to most herbs in the book, I use crystals to connect with the Faeries. Runes seem kinda tough but I have some strange connection to them and readings for myself keep on pointing me towards runes.

Thank you so much for your kind insights. I just started to work with other spirits, though Faeries seems to be the one calling out to me. Followed by Elves and Mers. Basically the Elementals.

Blessed be!

Huffdamagicdragon wrote:sleep weaving is casting magick during sleep. Huffette's (my wife)dragon taught me this method and is extremely powerful because when i am asleep, I don't have the limitations imposed by my conscious mind.

Wow! It sounds really awesome. I need to learn this method one of these day. Any powerful positive spell you have cast and worked for you? The conscious mind is, how should I put it, a *boop*. Have to fight with the ego that sometimes take hold of the mind.

zecfiel2017
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 141
Your favorite spirit to work with: Erzuly
If I could be anything, I would be...: A cat or A ghost
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: zecfiel

Postby zecfiel2017 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:37 pm

Hi, I have a lot of experience in all kind of spells, so if you need to know anything let me know.

Huffdamagicdragon
venerated member
venerated member

Postby Huffdamagicdragon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:17 pm

Huffdamagicdragon wrote:sleep weaving is casting magick during sleep. Huffette's (my wife)dragon taught me this method and is extremely powerful because when i am asleep, I don't have the limitations imposed by my conscious mind.

Wow! It sounds really awesome. I need to learn this method one of these day. Any powerful positive spell you have cast and worked for you? The conscious mind is, how should I put it, a *boop*. Have to fight with the ego that sometimes take hold of the mind.[/quote]

One of the ways I combine magic is that i have a few sleepwoven candles that I copy to another candle to burn. The original candle I keep as an archive and burn only the copies. When I burn the candles I can feel the power coming off them, and when I burn the copies of the one I intended for wealth, I almost always end up putting in overtime at work even though the company is cutting back on overtime with everyone else.

Return to “Spells/Spellwork”