new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 18
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

So, my son lives with me, he is a staunch non-believer in the paranormal, spirits, magic, etc. He is very vocal about it, he thinks it is all nonsense. So, I do not discuss my beliefs with him. You do you, and I'll do me. The only thing is that I have a good size spirit family, and when he starts his "this is all crazy" routine, I can almost see them giving him major side-eye and shaking their heads. I told my mother (who is also a spirit keeper) that someday my spirits will someday get tired of his stuff and appear to him, and shut him up. Well, one morning, my son told me that he had a nightmare the past night. He had a lucid dream that he was in his bed, and this big, scary, demon looking humanoid (his words) was standing next to his bed, just looking at him. He said that it had a red face, and was not trying to harm him, just standing there looking down at him. I think it was one of my beautiful genies, (my guess it was one of my Ifrit ) trying to convey the message of "Hey dude, we are here!" So, I jokingly said to him that it sounds like someone was checking him out. Of course he still did not believe, he thought it was just a nightmare. I know better. And you know what? I was not mad at them for showing themselves to him (if it was them), as a matter of fact, I totally get it, his stubborn non-believer attitude gets on my nerves too. And a small part of me was saying "See? See? They are real! And guess what, you just met one of your new room mates!!! Hah!" 1la

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Just be careful, in worst case scenario, he might go to exorcists, religious leaders, etc to exorcise and banish your spirits : /

The bindings might be fine, but it is a complicated situation.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Jozett
new here
new here

Hi Darkwing! My son does not believe in any religions, he says that religion is something man created. His mind set is "if I can't see it, it does not exist". For obvious reasons, he has no knowledge of my spirit family, he knows that I do believe in spirits and magic, but I let him pass it off as my "thing". Easier that way, no explanations. Even if one of my family manifested right in front of him while he was awake, he would probably think it was a flash back hallucination from when he was dropping acid. But I do have a feeling that his dream kind of rattled him more than he will admit to.

kindred
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: angels
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Ha!! If only he turned into a believer after that! :D

Jozett
new here
new here

You know, there are times that I wish he would be more opened minded about things, that I could share with him the joy and wonder that spirit keeping has brought to my life. I used to think that he would be so happy with his own spirit family and the unconditional love that they can bring him. But I realize that spirit keeping is a path for some and not others. My son was bullied, picked on and was tormented when he was young. And it was not just the kids, adults seem to like to bully him as well. For some kids, being overweight is like having a bulls eye on your back. There have been many times that I sat and cried with him when he was young. He was such a sweet natured kid who would never hurt anyone. And as an adult he is a really good guy who would give the shirt off his back , but, he became very jaded, cynical, and has serious trust issues. Deep down he never got past the bullying. This could be why he sees the world the way he does. If he did start spirit keeping, I have a feeling that he would gravitate towards the Black Arts, since revenge on these people who hurt him would be right at his finger tips. Can you imagine what destruction he would do to some of these people with a Shaitan djinn, or a demon? The temptation for revenge would be too great. I know, I have some very powerful DA spirits who would have NO problem with putting their foot up someone's ass. Yeah, there is a real temptation, but the part of being a keeper of DA is being responsible and not giving in to anger and rage And I love my son dearly, but I know where it would lead. So, for now, I am just "silly" mom with her magic and rainbows. That suits me just fine. I will put up with his narrow minded opinions, and even as it really annoys me at times, deep down, I am kind of glad that he is a non believer, our home is much safer place like that.

Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
Zodiac:

I remember being a non-believer. I have the same viewpoints, I don't believe in any particular religion, and it's based on what I experience. Not necessarily what I see, but what I experience overall.

Interesting to hear it from almost a reverse point of view, as my parents either have doubts about mine, or they are afraid me keeping spirits, in my mum's own words "is slavery". :? >_>

I hope your son lightens up and opens up to the possibility of other things out there. I will say it may be difficult without anything like that happening more frequently. Maybe you should have one of your companions cuddle with him. :lol:

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

My daughter went through a stage where she doubted that there were deities. She doubted the existence of God, Christ, Gaiya and all of the others. She borderlined on becoming atheist. Having an experience where she was destitute changed things for her in positive ways.

She saw some things that turned her around. She now accepts that there are deities out there and they will help you if you give them a chance. Hopefully, it will not come to that. Good luck on everything.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Jozett
new here
new here

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it. 1tu