acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

Troll cats, the unsung heroes and comedians of Scandinavian folklore.
Tricksters and dark elves, any of Loki's allies, that don't always get a good rap. (As well as Loki himself.)
Gorgons, sphinxes, chimeras, nagas, adlets, satyrs, Pan's descendants, lynxes, Lilith's Darkling Cambions ... oh and camzotz. I adore my camazotz friend. (and his king of the same name)
My best friend, a funny werecat familiar blessed by Hecate.
My dark hero, a werewolf who follows Fenrir and worships Loki.
A sweet but god-like Euraythema, who wanted to be with me when his brother had already been claimed.
My very first spirit, a Manticoreaeon, a manticore/gold dragon hybrid. He is my gatekeeper and most trusted of all.
The oh-so-adorable Cathulhu familiar.

I am enjoying learning from this thread. Looking forward to getting my own chupacabra friend soon.

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

I think historical human spirits are underrated, and ancestral human spirits. Sounds funny maybe.. but with so much attention to nonhumans, I think the gifts and powers of human spirits can be overlooked.

Cult
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: distilled spirits

Noctifera wrote:I think historical human spirits are underrated, and ancestral human spirits. Sounds funny maybe.. but with so much attention to nonhumans, I think the gifts and powers of human spirits can be overlooked.
This.

Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

You are right. I had meant to add ancestors, sorcerers, witches and the like to my posts, but felt like I kept droning on so I stopped myself, lol

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
Aeryn K Angel
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf,Faery
My magical/paranormal name...: Aeryn
Zodiac:

2 types that I absolutely adore, because they have taught me so much...

1) Human spirits who were kindhearted in life, but met with a horrendous death by the hands of people who hated what / who they were. I have one such bound, and he has been a great consoler when I needed words of encouragement.

2) Spirits of nature... not just elves, fae, elementals, etc.... but, even more so, the spirits of birds, the beasts of the woodlands, insects, trees, rocks, and everything that makes up the living world we call home. The greatest love I have felt has come from communing with nature, and the greatest wisdom given me has come from ancient trees.

I am ME.... and that is that!

Below is a picture of my pride & joy... Miss Kasha.
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I totally agree Aeryn regarding nature spirits. I can't explain the kind of powerful experiences I have had interacting with trees, plants, insects, creatures, even the movements of the clouds. After a while you notice that you are more integrated with your surroundings, and the wild considers you as one. It's really fascinating.

I know that I have incarnated as plants, trees and animals before, which reinforces my willingness to connect with them now and makes my encounters more meaningful.

Anteros
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 400
If I could be anything, I would be...: My True Self
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Aeryn wrote:2 types that I absolutely adore, because they have taught me so much...

1) Human spirits who were kindhearted in life, but met with a horrendous death by the hands of people who hated what / who they were. I have one such bound, and he has been a great consoler when I needed words of encouragement.

2) Spirits of nature... not just elves, fae, elementals, etc.... but, even more so, the spirits of birds, the beasts of the woodlands, insects, trees, rocks, and everything that makes up the living world we call home. The greatest love I have felt has come from communing with nature, and the greatest wisdom given me has come from ancient trees.
Yes, totally agree Aeryn.
Thanks for writing that.

I used to know things
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Going to add:
-Shedu
-Tooth worm
-Kamui

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
AFrog
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret

For me, definatly non-magic humans. They seem ordinary and boring at first, but when you spend enough time with them, they can grant you great insights and be good, loyal friends :) Because they understand how it is to be human and live as one.

Gypsy
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Changes daily
If I could be anything, I would be...: fae
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a secret ;)

I was definitely surprised by the energy and forms taken by my raiju. I have always been in awe and inspired by the energy of storms. There wasn't much info out there on them outside of CH encyclopedia, but I was still drawn to them. I guess I expected him to be a very no nonsense creature, which he is as soon as the thunder and lightening starts or if he is in a protective mode.When that starts he shifts to a form that resembles a black wolverine,surrounded by electricity,very fierce! On a daily basis though he runs around the house in the form of a black mink or ferret. He is the most active and lovable spirit that I have.Most days he is in everything and always on my lap or shoulder. He constantly makes me laugh.I absolutely love him but he is definitely the opposite of what I expected. Spirit keeping has taught me to expect the unexpected.

Return to “General Questions”