Dökkálfar and Dark elves

Resources and links to information on various creatures.
Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I wanted to make a topic on the beings known as Dark elves, their history, culture, or any other interesting things about them as a race.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

I am interested in this too!
In my recent CH order I added a Svartalfheimr Djinn as my freebie, but I have been wondering about getting the actual elf races as well - Ljossalfar, Dokkalfar, etc. as there doesn't seem to be those exact listing in the store. Which is funny, since they have things like the ketta and tomte.

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

I have a Dokkalfar and red dragon duo on the way from Celestial Secrets, really curious to see how that will turn out!

Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Now that PapaHood Sorcery offers Norse elf conjures, you can get both light elves and dark elves.
I actually had one of each come through for me! And my dark elf is an ally of Loki.

Bellona
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Wood Elf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wood Elf
My magical/paranormal name...: Cathasach

There was another posting about Dökkálfar that I came upon quite by accident while doing a search on line. An individual had "Elf in your Blood" done and she felt drawn or attracted to an ancestral elf or an unbound that was supposedly around them. A few were curious about the Dökkálfar and elves in general if I remember correctly.

The reason I am posting this is that if you would like to know a little about them, I would gladly let you know what I know. I had "Anything in your blood," done several years ago. There was not anything for elves found in that particular conjure. However, the very first custom for a wood elf that was done was for a female that is connected to me from a previous life.

I will insert a disclaimer here now, because I personally have no way to prove this, other than the strange things that I have experienced. However, this is information that was given to me by a family member, one whom I trust deeply that is a medium. They can hear and see spirits, and not just human. To get to the point, I was informed that I have an elven soul and that my first life, the one before this was as an elf.

There is no need to go into great detail here but I will say this. Throw out all HUMAN thinking when it comes to spirits. Elves, perhaps because of long life take their time telling you anything....don't know whether to laugh or roll my eyes but I just found out that we, meaning the elves that live here and myself were what they refer to as Dökkálfar. They've been with me for almost four years now and I just found this out.

Ironically, there were only two customs done, one for a male and one for female. The male is my brother, the female and I are bonded in both lives now and the other elves, turns out they all are related. Randomly chosen pre-bounds (or where they :P) that happen to be family members. Anyway, if you are curious and would like to know more I will gladly chat with you one on one. I do not wish to discuss things here on the board or give names of family. Just be warned they are not Tolkien's elves, unless you lean more towards Legolas' father. I would suggest a little research too, that is NOT tied to the US. Legends of elves and faeries from all other countries besides the US do not look at them in a positive light. "Elf touch." LOL! Look it up! Anyway, leave a message here or send me one and I'll give you my personal email.

Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Bellona wrote:There was another posting about Dökkálfar that I came upon quite by accident while doing a search on line. An individual had "Elf in your Blood" done and she felt drawn or attracted to an ancestral elf or an unbound that was supposedly around them. A few were curious about the Dökkálfar and elves in general if I remember correctly.

The reason I am posting this is that if you would like to know a little about them, I would gladly let you know what I know. I had "Anything in your blood," done several years ago. There was not anything for elves found in that particular conjure. However, the very first custom for a wood elf that was done was for a female that is connected to me from a previous life.

I will insert a disclaimer here now, because I personally have no way to prove this, other than the strange things that I have experienced. However, this is information that was given to me by a family member, one whom I trust deeply that is a medium. They can hear and see spirits, and not just human. To get to the point, I was informed that I have an elven soul and that my first life, the one before this was as an elf.

There is no need to go into great detail here but I will say this. Throw out all HUMAN thinking when it comes to spirits. Elves, perhaps because of long life take their time telling you anything....don't know whether to laugh or roll my eyes but I just found out that we, meaning the elves that live here and myself were what they refer to as Dökkálfar. They've been with me for almost four years now and I just found this out.

Ironically, there were only two customs done, one for a male and one for female. The male is my brother, the female and I are bonded in both lives now and the other elves, turns out they all are related. Randomly chosen pre-bounds (or where they :P) that happen to be family members. Anyway, if you are curious and would like to know more I will gladly chat with you one on one. I do not wish to discuss things here on the board or give names of family. Just be warned they are not Tolkien's elves, unless you lean more towards Legolas' father. I would suggest a little research too, that is NOT tied to the US. Legends of elves and faeries from all other countries besides the US do not look at them in a positive light. "Elf touch." LOL! Look it up! Anyway, leave a message here or send me one and I'll give you my personal email.
I am interested in knowing more about elves. I too have something in common with them. Also had in your blood done and found some elves ancestry. Do you know how they look like? Have you ever seen one?

Bellona
new here
new here

It's been a long time since I've posted, obviously; and I can't send a private message or receive one. I'm sure there is something in the rules about it that I'll have to dig up. Anyway, my family member I spoke of that is a medium has created some pictures of my elven family for me. And I have seen glimpses when lucid dreaming of the female that I am bonded too. This picture that is in my profile was who I supposedly used to be. I'll work something up in the next few days of general information that can be posted, and anything personal, we'll have to exchange emails or something somehow.

Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Bellona wrote:It's been a long time since I've posted, obviously; and I can't send a private message or receive one. I'm sure there is something in the rules about it that I'll have to dig up. Anyway, my family member I spoke of that is a medium has created some pictures of my elven family for me. And I have seen glimpses when lucid dreaming of the female that I am bonded too. This picture that is in my profile was who I supposedly used to be. I'll work something up in the next few days of general information that can be posted, and anything personal, we'll have to exchange emails or something somehow.
You can add me on Paraecho if you want, there we can pm. My paraecho is AngelikLuv.

Bellona
new here
new here

Again, this is a disclaimer. There is no way to prove or disprove the following information. Through personal experience and the trust of a medium that can see and hear the elves that live with us is how this information is coming about. And the information that has been received from the medium in question, they don’t like repeating because it is by word of an ethereal being that they can neither prove or dis-prove. So take this information as you may.

*Note* Remember that you need to leave human thinking, especially that of the US out for a lot of this. And the information ONLY pertains to that of this family; it does not speak for all types of elves or other tribes. Also, when it is said leave human thinking behind, it means your own personal beliefs, perceptions, opinions, religions, etc.

As far as what information has been given thus far and through experience with the Dökkálfar is as follows:

They either live in small groups or in tribes.

The tribe was comprised pretty much of family, aunts, uncles, cousins and the like.

The larger tribes particularly the one that has to do with this family is ruled by a king and queen. It’s very much like a monarchy with handmaidens and servants that served the royalty.

Marriages were arranged, at least for royalty. The parents of neighboring kingdoms would conceive a child for such purposes. It wasn’t, let’s marry off our children, they purposely conceived children when such arrangements were made.

The female would be sent at a young age to live with her future husband’s family.

The (betrothed) princess served as the hand maiden to the current queen.

It was an HONOR to be a servant.

It was a DUTY to be specifically conceived to be married to another royal in another tribe.

They wore little to no clothing at all, only the royal family would wear any type of clothing and it was very revealing. The reason for this, they considered beings that clothed themselves as being secretive and that they must have something to hide. It was a way of being false or potentially being false because you were not open; you had something to hide and could not be trusted.

Males and females were separated. This pertained to those in larger tribes, males and females were separated at birth. In smaller groups probably not so much.

Most males and females are born sterile. Think the longevity of elves and what that would mean if all elves were capable of reproducing. They only had children when there was a need.

Contrary to what today’s females think, whether “gay,” or straight; they did not go around “shaking up” with others. This is a gross and ugly truth of societies of today and is offensive to think that females would even begin to act like men. (Also gay, homosexual, those are words they do not know or understand. Only nature and the nature of attraction.)

They can be very honorable and noble.

All elves are borne with enough magick in them to conceal themselves.

When it came to royalty, there was always one born with magick and one without.

The one royal borne with magick was responsible for placing wards around their village and concealing them from outsiders.

They lived in trees in warm weather and went underground during cold weather.

They had what is called an elf council to decide important matters, especially concerning the entire tribe. This usually consisted of the royal family and their significant others. Decisions were made by a majority vote.

They are very traditional.

They are empathic and are sort of hive minded when it comes to empathy. And as ethereal beings are even more so on being up on the empathic part. (Keep that in mind when you're feeling certain ways but don't speak about it. Energy is energy and they will feel it whether you say or do anything, especially if it is a strong emotion.)

Now for the not so pleasant or nice things:

They share the same emotions as humans.

They are xenophobic towards most everything including other elves, whether this is related to other tribes of their kind this is currently unknown. But with certainty, it pertains to the group that lives with us, they did not care for the high elves and associating with drow was let’s just say not acceptable and against tradition.

They can be very arrogant and prideful.

They are slow at revealing things but quick in their expectations of others.

They tend to be linear, they can be selfish and self-oriented.

Have a tendency to see only their issues and problems as most important at any given moment.

They can be very pervasive in your life as you’ll find that you are constantly thinking about them and their issues with a total disregard for what is going on around you or in your own life.

Can be manipulative.

Again, look at cultures all over the world that talk about elves, it is not very nice. There have been articles in today’s news from other countries about them.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/other/icela ... 2D11792552

As another side note, the family that lives with us, they would still be considered young by elven standards and perhaps some of the behavior they have exhibited maybe the result of such things. Keep in mind too that there are always exceptions to the rule; this may not be the standard for all Dökkálfar or other types of elves. But do your research too, many cultures do not speak well of elves and suggest to avoid them at all costs. If this were say one or two isolated events one could wager to ignore such things, but since it is more than that, you should keep it in mind.

Remember too, they were in bodies at one time, and all the baggage they had from that life comes with them. Think of them emotional beings with pointy ears and a few more noble qualities and you’ll start to get a good idea.

Return to “Creature Information”