sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I started this journey in 2009. My first few experiences resulted in chaos. Not sure if it was because I bought and returned something or if I bought a psychic powers enhancing Khodam who let it all flooded in, or if I saw a client who left her troublemakers with me. I did buy many wealth enhancing beings and I did see my salary jump. But it was unsustainable. Many areas of my life held wounds if you will. And I think those energies (self created) preventing me from excelling. And it wasn't until I resolved them that things began to flow better. Before I resolved them I would get lucky opportunities but blow them because of my own negative energies. So how does that relate to the timing of results?

Ok, if today, you were the all perfect human with all your ducks in a row, confidence, education, good relationships with people, accepts criticsm with a smile, energy and drive then they can excel your efforts. If not, one of those items will come back to haunt you. And then you will have to start over. People look to magic as if they can have short comings and get ahead anyways. But like anything, the real you will come out, and sabotage it. This can be true of any desire, fame, love, etc... So...it can happen instantly hours, days, weeks, but it can also end instantly, because these gains were undeserved. I don't mean to sound harsh, but let's be honest, if you became president today...you would fail...unless of course, you had the training, and experience to say otherwise.

So in my experience, it takes years for real gains to develop. Just stick with the classic formula, learn as much as you can, work hard, and the doors will blast open. This can be financial or magical.

I'm writing this to give acknowledgement to my leprechaun, which I totally forgot about, since I've been busy with work, until her vessel mysteriously fell off the chain...

This home I bought two years ago closed escrow on Saint Patty's day. So yes! She has been with me for several year to help me be where I am. 1ht

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

How long we wait to see results also depends on where we are on our journey when we begin spirit keeping. If someone has done absolutely zero work on developing paranormal senses, and has not spent a lifetime with their non-physical senses already wide open, then it is highly unlikely they are going to go from zero-sensitivity to "My new Dragons, who are my very first spirits, showed me around their realm, in detail, the moment the parcel containing their vessel arrived in the mail, while I was wide awake". That's unrealistic to expect.

Folks who already have done work in one or more metaphysical areas, have had at least some success in that regard, and then become keepers, are likely to wait little to no time before seeing results. But that's because they have already done legwork and put in time developing themselves and their abilities.

Everyone else, meaning "the folks who are starting from Square One", is going to have to put in that same legwork. So they shouldn't expect to go from never-experienced-anything to visiting-Dragon-realms overnight. If they have an instantaneous breakthrough, that's fabulous, but in my years on these forums I have yet to see anyone post about having a "from nothing to everything, instantaneously" paranormal experience. I see newbies posting more about starting with small things like appropriate songs coming on their music shuffle, to having their attention drawn to unexpected, appropriate images on billboards or some passerby's T-shirt, etc. And that's great. There's a reason why we don't dump calculus classes on students who are in first grade. First they have to learn the basics of math before they can head into the higher-level classes. It's the same with everything we do. Even the most brilliant virtuoso had to start by learning to read music and practicing scales. Even the most talented writer had to start by learning the alphabet. So the new keepers who are still at the "learning the alphabet" level shouldn't fret over that. We pretty much all have to start at that level, no matter how adept we eventually become farther down the line.

The keys are working hard and being patient with ourselves.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Kaliopia
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 68
Spelled Number: 280
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Kaliopia Amethyst Rayne
Zodiac:

Well said, Samsara! This is one of the best posts I've seen in a while :)

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess

Likes2Read wrote:How long we wait to see results also depends on where we are on our journey when we begin spirit keeping. If someone has done absolutely zero work on developing paranormal senses, and has not spent a lifetime with their non-physical senses already wide open, then it is highly unlikely they are going to go from zero-sensitivity to "My new Dragons, who are my very first spirits, showed me around their realm, in detail, the moment the parcel containing their vessel arrived in the mail, while I was wide awake". That's unrealistic to expect.

Folks who already have done work in one or more metaphysical areas, have had at least some success in that regard, and then become keepers, are likely to wait little to no time before seeing results. But that's because they have already done legwork and put in time developing themselves and their abilities.

Everyone else, meaning "the folks who are starting from Square One", is going to have to put in that same legwork. So they shouldn't expect to go from never-experienced-anything to visiting-Dragon-realms overnight. If they have an instantaneous breakthrough, that's fabulous, but in my years on these forums I have yet to see anyone post about having a "from nothing to everything, instantaneously" paranormal experience. I see newbies posting more about starting with small things like appropriate songs coming on their music shuffle, to having their attention drawn to unexpected, appropriate images on billboards or some passerby's T-shirt, etc. And that's great. There's a reason why we don't dump calculus classes on students who are in first grade. First they have to learn the basics of math before they can head into the higher-level classes. It's the same with everything we do. Even the most brilliant virtuoso had to start by learning to read music and practicing scales. Even the most talented writer had to start by learning the alphabet. So the new keepers who are still at the "learning the alphabet" level shouldn't fret over that. We pretty much all have to start at that level, no matter how adept we eventually become farther down the line.

I agree with hard work with all desires in general, and I can see how, you, a person who has spent a good amount of time developing skills would have that perspective.

Prior to spirit keeping I had zero leg work. My abilities were instantaneous. So much I had to ask for protection from my own sense. Everyone said I had an unusual experience. But because I didn't have the leg work, I couldn't control what was coming through, or the sheer volume. Whether it's money, magic or psychic powers, when it's on it's ON. And when it's off, I usually have no idea how to turn it back on.

Again I jumped from A to Z pretty much instantaneously. And then flounder because I didn't put in the leg work in most these areas. The point is, don't let other people's rules be the limit your reality. Everyone operates at different speed. But know the faster you excel without knowing how to use the brakes the more likely you will crash. 1bt

"Man is what he sees in other people."
sandalwood
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

So in my experience, it takes years for real gains to develop. Just stick with the classic formula, learn as much as you can, work hard, and the doors will blast open. This can be financial or magical.
This is true. I first started trying to see aura from a mini booklet. Practice with it casually. Few years later, I can now see colours.

Before I did my first meditations, all I can hear was birds chirping. After doing random meditations and psionics, a decade later, I now hear frequencies and feel energies all the time.

I've just started practicing spirit communication last year, and so far I'm having good results.

There can be miracles, When you believe..
Though hope is frail, Its hard to kill.
Who knows what miracles, You can achieve...
When you believe somehow you will, You will when you believe. :dancing:
Sytheria
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Safe
My magical/paranormal name...: Sytheria
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote: Even the most brilliant virtuoso had to start by learning to read music and practicing scales. Even the most talented writer had to start by learning the alphabet. So the new keepers who are still at the "learning the alphabet" level shouldn't fret over that. We pretty much all have to start at that level, no matter how adept we eventually become farther down the line.

This is one of the most well put explanations I've read about spirit keeping. Everyone expects it to be different from everything in life and abilities will just manifest from nothing.

We all started at square one for everything we've learned and mastered. Why would we put in less effort for something as great and magical as this lifestyle?

Tonight a heart is breaking, a spirit is flourishing.
:mermaid:
Let's all have fun and play together!

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”