Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Good Afternoon!

In studying and reading more into fairies, there's the one phrase that is in common with most sites. They say never to say "Thank you." I can understand the reasons why, but do you think this applies to fae for spirit keeping?

"The first step towards change is acceptance. Once you accept yourself, you open the door to change. That's all you have to do. Change is not something that you do, it's what you allow." - Will Garcia

Literally so many spirits and entities now, even after I said I would not get anymore. But definitely under 200. May it stay that way :p)
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

Mm I think it's related to this post:
http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/top ... ml#p701078

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
Zodiac:

I am grateful for your answer... It's going to take time to fix this

"The first step towards change is acceptance. Once you accept yourself, you open the door to change. That's all you have to do. Change is not something that you do, it's what you allow." - Will Garcia

Literally so many spirits and entities now, even after I said I would not get anymore. But definitely under 200. May it stay that way :p)
Vastolord
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 0

Bump^

starseed1111
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

I keep on accidentally saying thank you to my star faery and then I apologize when I remember to. What problems might this cause and what do you recommend for better communication between the two of us?

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

I have been curious as well. Which types of faeries get angry if they are hear a T word? Is it garden faery or woodlands, water or astral and star fae or spiritual faery like intelligence fae? Is it ALL of THEM or just particular types are sensitive for a T word?

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

windaaa
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 2
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Ravix of Fourhorn

Wait what? I said thank you to all of my spirits including my star fae 😲 why can’t we say that? Link doesn’t exist anymore, can someone help? I’m a newbie

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

What I have gathered is this. Some of the creatures like brownies and Fae beings doesn’t want to be thanked for their efforts to help a human keeper. The reason behind is cultural differences in layman’s terms. They are naturally come to us with their helping nature. They think of nothing about it. Is natural for them like breathing. It’s a sign of close friendship too.

As soon as we start doing ‘OUR natural’, ingrained thank you behaviour, we start to offend them slowly, their naturally giving, selfless nature by unintentionally giving an appearance of distance and obligation feel to the friendship. That is eventually becomes unbearable for them to put up with.

Sometimes happens sooner, often later and it can differ from being to being but the damaged to the relationship will be done. Instead of habitually saying T words, I express my feelings of gratefulness to them by saying exactly what made me happy. For example: I was helped by my Star Fae today to make a good wish that will be granted by her and will be materialised soon. By the way, this is a real one, happened today.

When we finished, instead of saying a T word, I told her: I am so happy for this progressive wishing practice we just did together today, because I usually have a hard time managing on my own. Or I do appreciate your initiative to do it together today. I am so very happy of our success.

This way, they feel very pleased to help next time. And I am also happy because I was able to express myself and my gratitude for my Fae. Instead of a snappy T word here and there, this is far more constructive and brings you even closer with your companions.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

Hmm..I say thank you to my fire fairy all the time and she gets very bouncy and happy when I say it. It seems to make her excited and bond with me more.
*Shrugs*
Everyone in my keep are always saying thank you and showing respect and appreciation even for the smallest of things.

shiningshadow33
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sidhe
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sidhe
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

It seems that one of my own posts has caused this mess: the fae that should not be ‘thanked’ are those which are sidhe. Fire faie, star faie, flower faie, garden faie, water faie etcetera are not sidhe and so the ‘avoid the TY and P words like the plague’ rule does NOT apply to them.

Sidhe are those ‘faie’ spoken of in Celtic lore. That is Ireland, Scotland, Wales, the Isle of Man, and surrounding areas.

Return to “Faery”