Bonding With My CH Spirits.

Olivia
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 32
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Alpha Minion.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Jakos Demon.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

So I've been a pretty lousy friend to my keep as of late. I can acknowledge my lousiness and the lack of contact from my side but I can also acknowledge the fact that spirits and entities are spirits and entities. They are not these needy, clingy beings that some make them out to be, who are completely shattered and broken when we do not grace them with our presence. Is it a possibility? Of course. With everything, there is always the exception. But is it likely? No, let us not kid ourselves.

Anyways, I just wanted to get that little disclaimer out of the way, because I am not going to moan about what a terrible spirit keeper I am in hopes for resounding reassurance and comments to the tune of "It's okay, we all slip up sometimes!" Rather, it seems I'm going to moan about how I am not that keeper, lol. The irony.

ANYWAYS, AGAIN... I'm certain I had a point to this thread, other than the above. Oh yes, CH spirits! That's what you're all here for, based on the title you clicked. I know, I know, you didn't sign up for my disclaimer and probably just wanted some cutesy thread in typical Olivia fashion about loving my spirits SOOOOO much but YOU'RE GETTING IT! Both of it, I mean, the cuteness you wanted AND the disclaimer. Boom. Is your mind blown or what?

AND NOW onto the cutesy story, many years after the disclaimer to the disclaimer and the preface for the preface.

So I keep all of my printed CH spirit info in a folder. Recently, (just before the construction of this thread, actually) I flipped through the info and it was really a pleasant feeling, seeing all of those names I was once so familiar with. I'm not going to lie, I hardly ever even remember the name of my favorite companion, Red (and yes I have a favorite companion because we are humans and we have favorites. And we're perfectly allowed to have favorites, because again, no spirit or entity friend of mine is sitting bawling in the corner of my room because they weren't my #1. So if you must, save me the tears and go love all your beings equally. Diversity in spirit keeping practices FTW) as of late, so seeing all of those names was truly an experience, let me tell you, lol. Kind of nostalgic, a little trippy. I might be laying it on a little thick so I have something interesting to babble about after my HUNDREDTH disclaimer in this thread.

So yes, that was a pleasant experience. I feel like as a spirit keeper, I am able to connect to my spirits in the smallest ways. Even flipping through the folder and reading their info and their names and likes and dislikes was an experience. I definitely didn't feel electricity or sparks or chills or anything crazy, but it was more so just a nice, comfortable feeling, just feeling at ease of being a keeper, connected to her keep (I mean that in no degrading sense either, I am well aware that I do not actually own or keep these beings, it is just an easy-to-describe-and-coin kind of term. Disclaimer, disclaimer, yada yada.)

So I'm going to leave a sappy little end message to fill you all with warm, fuzzy vibes about spirit keeping (but it's really just so that my story seems like it has a moral behind it, when truly I just wanted to share a story goddamnit.) All efforts connect us to our para-families, no matter how big or small. That is the beauty of being a spirit-keeper, having friends who are able to metaphysically kick your behind but choose to be forgiving (some more so than others.)

That's my new thread contribution for the month. Phew, all of this writing takes WORK. Til next time, you magickal people.

-Olivia.

Formerly known as OliviaSpirit.
laneybug7
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: human
If I could be anything, I would be...: faerie
My magical/paranormal name...: Ivy Soleil

That's a great story!

In my family: 14 spirited dolls, 1 aubres faerie, 2 butterfly faerie, 1 sun dragon, 1 white dragon, 1 brass dragon,1 camelot faerie, 1 vermilion dragon,1 unicorn, 1 star faerie,1 pixie, 1 mermaid, 1 phoenix,1 gold dragon, and 1 pegasus

On the way: , 1 red dragon, 1 asenne faerie,1 green dragon, , 2 stering angels, 1 merman, 1 silver dragon, 1 high elf, 1 brownyn angel, 1 waif fae, and 1 woodland faerie,' ;)

Spirit Keeper for life!
draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Loved it!

AFrog
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret

I love this story! And I won't judge you for having favorite spirits. I have my favorite spirits, too and everyone in my family knows this. There's nothing wrong with it. With some spirits you can connect better than with others. Even parents have their favorite kid (even if they would never agree on that)
Some spirits of mine even don't hang out here because of me, but of other spirits, who are living here :)
I love your honesty, really. In my old community it was a big "boohoo*, when someone said they have a favorite spirit << heck, I can't love any spirit like my two hubbys or my spirit brother :,D they worked hard to gain my trust and unconditional love. That's not something I give out to every being for free... that would really devaluate my love for anyone.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Honest question: Are entities the same as spirits in this regard? Do they really not have feelings of neglect or otherwise? I haven't read up on them at all.

Olivia
active contributor
active contributor

Alys wrote:Honest question: Are entities the same as spirits in this regard? Do they really not have feelings of neglect or otherwise? I haven't read up on them at all.
It's hard to answer such a question, because spirits and entities experience things differently than we do. Often times, we as humans just accept our own perspective as reality, when there is no right or wrong reality, as reality is not one entirely objective thing. Reality is skewed, as there are so much different "realities."

But before I get too far in my existential ramblings, the easiest way to answer your question is to say yes. Of course, spirits and entities have the ability to feel emotions AKIN to neglect, but not necessarily in the same way humans do, which we seem to forget a lot. You could argue that spirits and entities could be "neglected" but they won't feel the results of the neglect as a human would. For an example, when you leave a human friend alone for a significant period of time, (in our terms) you may fade away as friends and that bond would cease to exist. When you leave a spirit or entiry friend alone for a "significant" period of time, it would not appear to be significant to them at all. It's barely a drop in their lifespan, in what they have experienced and witnessed in the universe. The connection itself is also so much harder to sever in a way, as one could always be fostering the relationship and bond without even being aware of it. That's incorporating the idea of past lives (who is to say time is linear), different planes, and the subconscious (etc, etc.)

That's just based off my experience, perspective and limited years, of course, but obviously is not the reality for everyone. I don't claim to know everything as the objective truth or even at all, I just hope to pass on my seed of thought so that your own thought-flower will blossom into something interesting and insightful
:immortal:

-Olivia.

AFrog
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret

I can agree on that. Spirits and entities are not always around and it happens that they drop by once a month or so. When I was a teenager and started out with spirit keeping, I had a rough phase in school and "neglected" my first "spirit buddy" for about 2 or 3 years. I tried to come in touch with him again, when I finished school. He wasn't happy about the fact that I didn't talk to him for such a long time, but he wasn't mad at all (and he is a DA spirit~ so, no "fluffy WA- bonus"). He was pretty understanding and caring, as always. I think he was just happy that I'm "back again."
I used to be pretty anxious about "what happens, if I don't talk to spirit X as much as I talk to spirit Y, because spirit X tend to be more quite". Some just enjoy our company and don't need direct communication.

LostAngels
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Bella
Zodiac:

Awesome story!

Olivia
active contributor
active contributor

Thank you all for the kind words and feedback!

-Olivia.

LadyWo1f
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Werewolf
If I could be anything, I would be...: A shapeshifter, duh
Zodiac:

Lol I still bug myself on this topic all the time. Since I have a close knit spirit fam and I tend to be kinda clingy sometimes (oh lawd and I try to ignore them at times to keep my distance) but they either come to me to check on me or they are simply bored and want attention. For example my psy vamp is an entity but she makes it her life goal to see me at least once a day, night or day, due to the bond we had in my past life and our bond now.

Plus my waif loves to just pop up in random places, then usually my angelion follows to keep watch of him and to check on me lol. But yeah I assume my ww is more of the chill one company wise. I get worried at times because I don't see him for days unless I call for him.

Insanity is the gift that mankind calls a curse.

Less weeds, more blooms, make a change in the world or your not gonna like yourself- From My Waif Fairy

HOW THE FLART DID I GET HERE?!?!

*gotta go fast ladywo1f gotta go fast*

Return to “Spirit Keeping”