Attacks by "clown" or "clown-like" beings and identifying them

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Don't be embarrassed because you aren't the only person who's experienced these. Thread for anybody who has had experiences with these beings to share, and identify who they are. I've even seen an account on a youtube true encounters/stories video where a person talked about being haunted or visited by something that took the shape of a 'cartoon clown' which was completely terrifying because of how that would look in reality. Sounds ridiculous but it has and can happen, many accounts talk about it happening at night or in the dark and generally to people who are of a young age.

I've seen something in the past I think I can remember from back when I was a 'toddler' or something where a being in the dark/pitch black I saw 'harassing' me started to take on the form of a 'clown' in the appearance of their face.

So the reason why there might be a fear of clowns in half of population I would like to come out to say here is because possibly that there already exist some kind of beings or entities that resemble them. If not then atleast take their form. Some people have been harassed by them including possibly myself although it does not bother me anymore just here to share.

I myself am not afraid of circus clowns however because I can easily discern between whether its a 'human' or not by perhaps the differences and physical looks, features etc that would not be identical to these beings and make it very clear they are a person if they were/are one.

For anybody who knows more about this, is interested or has experiences, would you kindly share your input so that everybody can benefit from it?

Sequinox
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elf
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Sequinox
Zodiac:

I have a horrible fear of clowns. Maybe this happened to me and I just blocked the memory? I really had no good reason to fear them, so I haven't ever understood it.

Actually, as it turns out, it is easy being green.
User470
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All my spirits

Wow!
I never liked clowns neither dolls, and in my mind they are highly related!^^

Since "It" from Stephen K. that i saw as a kid, clowns are not my preferred stuff to be around!

Like you, i don't fear "human clowns" who are there just to make people happy,
but it would freaked me out to cross a clown entity somewhere,lol!^^

That could be interesting to read other people's experiences about those attacks,
but i think some spirits will bring our most horrible fears out, and if you are afraid of clowns, they will go for it to give you a nightmarish night!^^

Supernaut
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

The existence of clowns and, to that extent, the fear of clowns is something that has always baffled me. Jesters date all the way back to ancient Egypt, and the archetype of the 'colorful fool' has existed in many cultures over the ages. I always assume this was just a coincidence, but now that I've become aware of the metaphysical world surrounding us, I'm starting to have second thoughts. If dragons exist, then clowns spirits probably exist as well.

Strangely, I'm not afraid of clowns. I actually find them kind of funny. Not because of their goofy outfits and whimsical antics, either. I find them funny because people are so terrified of them. It seems like such an irrational fear, but it's such a surprisingly common one. Out of all professions, I think dentists or surgeons would be the most commonly feared, but no, it's clowns.

From a rational and socio-economic standpoint, clowns are things that should not exist in this world. What kind of man hires a clown? What kind of man becomes a clown?! I can put myself in a lot of people's shoes, but the shoes of clown are way too big and floppy for me to fit into. Why would anyone actually want to be a clown? Are they being possessed by clowns or were they a clown in one of their previous lives? We may never know, as actual contact with spirit clowns outside of nightmares are scarcely, if ever, documented.

Come to think of it, I did have a clown dream when I was a kid that sticks out to me even to this day. It was so vivid that I thought it was real for so many years until I brought it up to my parents, who assured me it never happened. The dream coincides with the time my parents took me to Barnum & Bailey's when I was around five years old. The funny thing is that I have almost no recollection of what really happened that day (except for a dude driving a motorcycle inside a flaming sphere, because that is something too radical to forget) but the dream starts with me watching the show. Me being a reckless, foolhardy child, I decide to go into the ring to see it all for myself. The next part is a little ambiguous, but I think I... melted... or otherwise folded myself into a very flat shape to fit under the chairs and sneak my way down.

After I made it down below, everything around me became bigger. Things are always bigger when you're a kid, but it felt like things were almost twice as big now. The clowns came up to me, chuckling and honking their horns with delight as they gave me their autographs. I was more disturbed than outright terrified, but I didn't protest when a hand reached down and pulled me back up into the seats. The last memory I have of the ordeal, which is the one I remember the most vividly, is throwing all the autographs into the trash the moment I got home.

To this day, I still don't know how much of that circus was real.

"For freedom is the man that will turn the world upside-down, therefore no wonder he hath enemies." - Gerrard Winstanley
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I can't be completely positive what you're discussing matches this, but there are phantom clowns/jesters/etc which I have interacted with through my work and there is unique supernatural phenomena attributed to them.
Paranormal clown cases have been documented by many in the cryptid community although as far as I have seen, I would say few encounters are actual phantoms there are also possessions, synchromystic waves of this that manifest through society.

True 'phantom' clowns however are in a sense transfigured beings.. they may have humanoid characteristics their origin may be so, but they are no longer human.
There are as well nightmare and fear entities, bogeymen who use the clown as a guise, again many I interact with personally.

Supernaut referenced the archetype of the Fool, indeed this is an ancient force that is represented multiculturally, in myth and folklore and tradition.. in it's history is the undercurrent that sensitive folk may detect in the clown as it appears today and possibly the root of disturbance. You have Saturnalia's Lord of Misrule, the Pied Piper, Shamans take on this role.
Perhaps the fear then is an inversion of all that we know.. making us vulnerable; the fear of the unseen - what lies behind the 'mask', the unpredictability of a being who is conceptually teetering the veil.

There is a mockery of us by clowns that is very confrontational to the psyche, the distortion makes a clown unfamiliar, unrecognizable while simultaneously amplifying all of our own characteristics in an eerie reflection. That we may see how foolish we are all capable of being, that we may see through layers of self to parts we wish to bury or forget, that we may be exposed to something beyond us we are blocking off.

Some considerations.

fuszay
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Silver Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: me
My magical/paranormal name...: margim nogrim
Zodiac:

Well I can speak from personal experience, as my journey in the paranormal began as a child with a fear eating entity that would take the form of a clown. Every night I would go to sleep I would have a nightmare that I was chased by the clown from IT and it would tickle me in the ribs however I would physically feel the sensation of being tickled as silly as this sounds it was actually painful. My biggest fears at the time was clowns and darkness, my fear from clowns stemming from the IT tv movie. When my spirit keeping journey began my closest spirit helped me overcome my fear of darkness. I overcame my fear by submerging myself in dark places for as long as I could tolerate until the fear subsided. I would do the same thing with clowns by watching IT over and over again. Anytime I had a nightmare I would wake up and go over in my mind the nightmare and imagine ways I could have avoided or change the outcome of the nightmare. Through watching the IT movie I learned that the weakness of the clown was silver but only because the kids fighting the clown in the movie believed it so. So I took the concept of the movie and instead I believed I myself had the power to harm the clown. After that it was only a matter of time to build the confidence to make my move. The finale nightmare I had of the clown it confronted me with a smile on its face and I took all the anger I had and attacked the entity with everything I had, I bit it in the hand as hard as I could and it screamed out in pain and jumped through a wall of darkness in my dream after that I stopped having nightmares. Overall I would consider this being a fear eating shape shifter as it would sometimes take other forms, but basically it ran away when it realized I wouldn't be a easy meal for it any more. Anyway I stopped being afraid of clowns and am actually looking forward to the IT remake coming out in a few months lol.

Some stars shoot higher then the rest but the closest stars to the earth burn brightest.
Supernaut
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this

Noctifera wrote:
There is a mockery of us by clowns that is very confrontational to the psyche, the distortion makes a clown unfamiliar, unrecognizable while simultaneously amplifying all of our own characteristics in an eerie reflection. That we may see how foolish we are all capable of being, that we may see through layers of self to parts we wish to bury or forget, that we may be exposed to something beyond us we are blocking off.
I think it may be based more on the primal fear of things that are familiar, but 'wrong'. It's the uncanny valley effect: Things that look completely alien to us aren't nearly as frightening as things that look almost human. There are a lot of predators in nature with 'lures' that trick prey into mistaking it for something they would want to approach. To that end, an uncanny being that acts friendly and cheerful towards you can be more suspicious than one that looks aggressive.

"For freedom is the man that will turn the world upside-down, therefore no wonder he hath enemies." - Gerrard Winstanley
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Supernaut; I agree as this is more or less what I mean to allude to - something being reflective (familiar) but unrecognizable at the same time, just touching on different angles of consideration to what it evokes. Even so the reaction people have as far as I can perceive is more complex given there are centuries of significance, rooted in our ancestral memory relating to these figures.

Very interesting topic. I'm someone who likes clowns, for the record.. lol.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
Zodiac:

fuszay wrote:Well I can speak from personal experience, as my journey in the paranormal began as a child with a fear eating entity that would take the form of a clown. Every night I would go to sleep I would have a nightmare that I was chased by the clown from IT and it would tickle me in the ribs however I would physically feel the sensation of being tickled as silly as this sounds it was actually painful.
For the bottom sentence of that type of attack I know what it feels like. It's a similar feeling to when you in a dream meet a malicious being similar or different to a clown that makes contact with you or your 'body' in any manner. Whether it's claws or touching you somehow. Immense fear in combination with a physical sensation similar to that of which is "ticklish" but in a bad way?

Still not much content or sources which explain this kind of attack and its nature seems.

Return to “Paranormal Experiences”