Book recommendations - Dimensions

Do you know a good book that can help someone on their path? Or, are you looking for a certain type of book?
Midnightalice
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Hello. :)

Does anyone have any recommendation for which books talk about the different dimensions in the universe?

I breathe deep into the ground, and it resounds into the depths of the Earth.
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Mm, something like Rucker's Fourth Dimension? Or Michio Kaku's Hyperspace?

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Supernaut
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Do you mean spacial dimensions like time and causality or parts of the metaphysical plane like the astral and spiritual realms? Technically, dimensions and realms coincide with one another, but spacial dimension are also a part of the physical universe.

Or do you mean alternate timelines that exist as separate universes divided from our own?

"For freedom is the man that will turn the world upside-down, therefore no wonder he hath enemies." - Gerrard Winstanley
HopeFaerie
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

Hello 1s
Multidimensional Man and Vistas of Infinity by Jurgen Ziewe are interesting reads. He talks about his many adventures in astral travels. I'm not sur if that is what you are looking for though.

https://www.amazon.com/Multidimensional ... f+infinity

Midnightalice
neophyte
neophyte

Supernaut wrote:Do you mean spacial dimensions like time and causality or parts of the metaphysical plane like the astral and spiritual realms? Technically, dimensions and realms coincide with one another, but spacial dimension are also a part of the physical universe.

Or do you mean alternate timelines that exist as separate universes divided from our own?
All of them would be a nice start.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. :)

Supernaut
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1

Midnightalice wrote:All of them would be a nice start.
Hmmm well I'm new to all this myself, but I have learned a pretty good amount about metaphysical realms during the past few months through my spirits. I don't know what I can recommend you for books, but I can give you the gist of what I know. As with everything else related to esoterics, please take this with a significant grain of salt.

The metaphysical universe is the equal opposite of the physical universe, existing in every spacial dimension beyond the three that we can actually perceive. It is both parallel to, intertwined with and far above our mundane reality, being a plane of pure information that reflects the physical plane of objective material laws. Our minds exist in both simultaneously, but we can only perceive the physical plane without any training. Probably because the organs that give us a connection to the subtle spiritual world have become increasingly vestigial ever since we became the dominant species.

Much like the vacuum of space, direction is almost impossible to determine from a human perspective when it comes to metaphysical dimensions, but they can be roughly summarized into three realms, each one higher than the other.

First, we have the spiritual realm that exists directly parallel to our own. It could also be called the aetheral realm, as it consists of the mysterious 'aether' that permeates throughout both planes, binding them together. The spiritual realm is, quite simply, the realm of spirits inhabited by the living and dead alike. Being the 'lowest' part of the metaphysical realm, it is three dimensional and bound to linear time. In order to travel away from the present moment our conscious self inhabits, we need to move up a dimension.

The next realm is the astral realm, and it's where the fun really begins. It is the realm of our immortals souls, to which all the spirits of our current, previous and potential future lives are bound and will someday unite with. There are a lot of fascinating sub-realms within the astral, such as the Akashic and the Abyss. Being a realm of four dimensions, it is above linear time, but not above destiny. You can travel through all parts of this universe's timeline, but you cannot truly change anything. Even if you manage to cause an alteration in the past, it will only result in a stable time loop. In order to make a difference, another dimension is required.

The causal realm is so far above our own that few (if any) living mortals have ever even glanced at it. It is the grand junction from which any other timeline may be accessed, along with the respective astral realms associated to it. Being in the fifth dimension of causality means that changes made here will result in the creation of another timeline, meaning an entirely new universe altogether. Still, you wouldn't be 'changing' anything about the timelines and only be creating new ones in which your actions have results. The causal plane is therefor above destiny, but not above futility.

How do you overcome futility? Presumably, you do it by ascending to the next dimension, but nobody is entirely sure what that is. There are many hypotheses about the dimensions above the fifth, but no one can say with certainty what they are or how many exist. It could be eight, ten, twelve or even an infinite amount of dimensions. However, the popular belief is that the 'final' dimension is the realm of the Monad, and that when every soul in the universe attains absolute enlightenment, they will all merge to form the Godhead consciousness: The combined soul of our entire multiverse. Some even say that the Godhead will, upon being formed, ascend to an even higher dimension in which everything that was impossible in our combined multiverse becomes possible, being the realm that governs all multiverses with different physical and metaphysical laws from our own.

But I'm getting waaay ahead of myself here. Even the causal plane is poorly understood, so anything above above or beyond that is entirely open to debate. I'm only relaying to you the interpretation that I was given. Just like how physicists have different interpretations of the physical plane that become altered, debunked or accepted as more becomes revealed to them, we cannot say for sure what the ultimate model of the metaphysical universe is like. Don't assume any of this is unyielding fact, either. The discovery of Universal Acceleration spat on the firmly established laws of thermodynamics attributed to the physical plane. Metaphysics are no less subject to change and are actually much, much more tentative.

There are a lot of models of the metaphysical plane that are much different and include even more realms like the Mental, Buddhic and Messianic. I view most of these models as being drenched in personal bias, but at the same time I can not vouch for the my own, as it is simply the one that was given to me by a source I consider learned and trustworthy. In the end, the quest for knowledge is one that must be undergone personally. Listen to and read the words of as many sensible thinkers as you can find, then take them all into account as you journey beyond and experience the reality for yourself.

The most important advice I can give you in regards to spirituality is this: Believe in the impossible, but never assume that you actually know it.

I hope this helped. Again, I'm sorry I can't offer any books on the matter, as I myself am looking through many as it is. I can and do recommend Robert Monroe's Journeys series, as it gives a lot of insight to the astral and maps out the 'focus levels' through which the human consciousness ascends.

"For freedom is the man that will turn the world upside-down, therefore no wonder he hath enemies." - Gerrard Winstanley
Midnightalice
neophyte
neophyte

Thanks for sharing, super ! :)

Return to “Books & Literature”