Rose of Jericho

Which ones do you love to work with? Or, which ones do you have questions about?
Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

For the first time I have a Rose of Jericho for my home.

It's currently resurrecting from it's state of dormancy on my ancestral altar. I am SO excited.

When I was a little girl it seemed as though there was one behind every front door. (the water is commonly used for blessing and cleansing) But I haven't seen one in years.

Now I have to dig through my old coins and find a few silver dimes.

::bop::

Tinkerbell
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 38
Spelled Number: 24
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: A mermaid
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Tinkerbell!
Zodiac:

I am not familiar with it - what do you plan on using it for, other than blessing and cleansing? Am thinking it would probably be quite useful in magic - how about as an offering?

-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
Zodiac:

They're amazing! I've been meaning to get a Rose of Jericho for ages, but when I find one I usually don't have any money left. I really love them though plus they're one of the few plants I could get and not kill (only some bamboos have survived in my home. Talk about a brown thumb.....I even managed to kill an olive tree in two weeks without doing anything at all to it).

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

The water get's changed out every Friday. That water is then sprinkled anywhere you want to do any (or all) of the following;

Cleanse
Attract prosperity
Holy Water Blessing
Happy Home spells

I plan to use mine in a weekly ritual to cleanse, clear, and bless my household.

The plant can be kept at a place of business (or a home office if appropriate) specifically to increase business, attract customers, and draw prosperity.

Some people find the smell unpleasant, but I actually like it. (it's in there with other childhood scents like bacon frying, or rain on hot asphault) Traditionally it's kept in a white dish with 2 - 3 silver coins (or mercury dimes).

I got mine for a very reasonable price on Etsy from a practitioner I have purchased from before. It's still unfurling but it's turning into a Whopper of a plant, the spread is much bigger than I expected.

Tinkerbell
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 38
Spelled Number: 24
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: A mermaid
My magical/paranormal name...: Tinkerbell!
Zodiac:

Thanks for the info Maythen - much appreciated!

Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Good to know. I was considering the effects of that herb and now it's just been confirmed. Maybe I could use a plant or two and just have them in my home.

"The first step towards change is acceptance. Once you accept yourself, you open the door to change. That's all you have to do. Change is not something that you do, it's what you allow." - Will Garcia

Literally so many spirits and entities now, even after I said I would not get anymore. But definitely under 200. May it stay that way :p)

Return to “Herbs/Minerals/Oils”