Awakening the third eye book

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
Fūjin
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Red dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Has anyone read, Awakening The Third Eye, a practical meditation by Samuel Sagan. (M.D.)?

I just found it and started reading. It gives pretty interesting exercises that you can do and the philosophy behind it that I haven't seen anywhere else...it's a pretty different approach.

Wondering if anyone has tried them and achieved results?

Link: <<Removed by Mod>>

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Yep : )

The throat friction exercise was a interesting one.
The philosophy part is based on Taoism as well as Yoga (Kriya or Kundalini, if I'm not wrong).

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

The book isn't really very useful. Yes, it is an interesting book. The throat friction reminds me of ujjayi pranayama. But what counts is results.

jackhammer
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 12
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Twisted
Zodiac:

what would you recommend for a beginner (including me) for working on the third eye and developing abilities?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

darkwing dook wrote:Yep : )

The throat friction exercise was a interesting one.
The philosophy part is based on Taoism as well as Yoga (Kriya or Kundalini, if I'm not wrong).
The book at the beginning says to not intentionally visualise, and that the danger being you won't be able to tell if you get a 'real vision'.

What are your input on this and is it reliable to listen to?

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

The way I remember it, the book was free and they charged for the companion CDs. So maybe you get get people to read the pdf and give you an informed opinion: https://app.box.com/shared/static/evcm54bc6g.pdf . Just so they have the context. But I think the author was just saying that it is a bad idea to pretend to yourself that you are getting results because later on you won't know if it is real or if you are still tricking yourself.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

ServantofJustice wrote:The book at the beginning says to not intentionally visualise, and that the danger being you won't be able to tell if you get a 'real vision'.

What are your input on this and is it reliable to listen to?
Yep. It is a good method in order to distinguish imagination/wishful thinking and vision/message : )

But it is one of the many methods; different methods may have different procedures. As long as we understand and acknowledge the reasoning behind them, it can all be reliable : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."

Return to “Meditation”