Some Advice Necessary

SeaWitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mermaid
Zodiac:

Firstly, I just want to thank everyone for your responses so far!
Feranox wrote:You could also write short stories about them or letters to them.
You know, that's something I've been wanting to do for quite a while, as I love writing and I've seen others do it. The only thing stopping me is I can't take the self-consciousness out of it; worrying that maybe they wouldn't be so amused if perhaps I characterized them incorrectly or had them say/do something they wouldn't do. I know it's a silly thing to worry about because it's the meaning behind the story that counts, but that's just how I am. 1sa

I'm sorry to put you on the spot, but have you written stories about your spirits? What did they think about them? Did you have the same worries beforehand?

Spirit Family
1 Loch Ness, 2 Werewolves, 1 Duojna, 1 Gregori Watcher, 4 Hellhounds, 1 Pegasus, 1 Cwn Annwn, 1 Amarok, 2 Cerberuses, 3 Einherjars, 1 Draugr, 1 Sanguine Vampire, 1 Grim Reaper, 1 T-Rex, 1 Fenrir, 1 Viking Warrior, 1 Wolf Servitor, 1 Mermaid/Vampire Hybrid, 1 Human Assassin, 1 Cu Sith, 1 Okami, 2 Character Bindings, 1 Bone Dragon, 1 Ghostie Alpha, 1 Incubus, 1 Succubus, 1 Wraith
Ryla
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 58

I don't mind you asking me at all. :)

Yes, I've written short to longish stories about them. I was actually worried that I would do a terrible job in general (and each time I do sit down to write, I worry about this), because to be honest I'm really not the best writer at all. But, I put my feelings aside and went ahead with it anyway (I just kept telling myself "have fun with it"), and I asked my spirits who I was writing about to send some inspiration my way if they wanted to. I referred to a Biography reading on 2 spirits of mine, so that was a little helpful in writing a bit more accurately about them but for the most part, I just let my imagination run free.

As for what they thought about the stories, they enjoyed them, even if it gave them a bit of a chuckle ha. ;)

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Feranox wrote:If you want to, whenever you think of them or have the chance, you can send them a message in your mind, something like "I'm thinking about you guys, and I love you all". Only do as much as you feel you are able to do, your spirits will understand that as your health and recovery come first. You could also write short stories about them or letters to them. Even just a small offering to them will be a really nice gesture. What matters most, is that whatever you do, comes from the heart.
Writing stories about them also helps in communication? In this case maybe imagine writing it in your mind?

Return to “General Questions”