Disasters Thread - Relief, Notifications, Etc.

CrashingDown
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: A secret.

Re: Disasters Thread - Relief, Notifications, Etc.

Postby CrashingDown » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:41 pm

I'm also personally a supporter of Doctors Without Borders and RedRover (an organization that helps reunite pets with their owners after disasters, and provide emergency medical care to lost/abandoned animals).

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." --Albert Einstein

DualWanderer3
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Postby DualWanderer3 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:00 pm

I guess this would be a good place to put this.From what my mom just told me were vary lucky irma went by without leaving anything behind.At one point I could tell hafe of my keep helped protect the house while the other hafe kept me company during one point that my dad said was the worst part of the storm which I imagine would be a part of this.

Even though the power and water came back on yesterday a lot quicker then imagined for me people just a block or two away from us in one direction wound up flooding and still have no power and the same for people across from one of the main roads in my area to the other direction not much futher away.

An what did fall fell strait down and staied on the ground.Other then one tree that my dad wanted gone to begin with all that fall were branches.Big enough to not want flying but but that was all that went down.The only thing that hasn't come back yet is the cable and internet which just limets things like typing this to the phone and otherwise not that big of a problem right now.Right now I need to help with cleaning up outside so I'll end it at that.

Blessed be

NyctophiliaRaven
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!

Postby NyctophiliaRaven » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:10 am

Glad to know you're safe. Thank you for letting us know. :)

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series

NyctophiliaRaven
venerated member
venerated member

Postby NyctophiliaRaven » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:45 pm

Bumping this - there have been more hurricanes - Puerto Rico is... I have no words for the devastation there...

There have been two major earthquakes in South America.

And today, there was a shooting in Tennessee.

My heart goes out to everyone today, everywhere where Mother Nature, and the nature of man, have overtaken life.

If you can, please donate to disaster relief for the people suffering today.

-Raven

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”

ServantofJustice
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 12
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal?
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: White Wraith

Postby ServantofJustice » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:42 am

MagickFromtheMysts wrote:Bumping this - there have been more hurricanes - Puerto Rico is... I have no words for the devastation there...

There have been two major earthquakes in South America.

And today, there was a shooting in Tennessee.

My heart goes out to everyone today, everywhere where Mother Nature, and the nature of man, have overtaken life.

If you can, please donate to disaster relief for the people suffering today.

-Raven
Its not only hurricanes, catastrophes are all happening at a similar rate to each other. Indonesia is about to maybe have a deadly and powerful volcano erupting, Flu in Australia is going to grow into something lethal that kills in the future and already has killed some people, an Earthquake in Mexico has happened and the world is on the brink of war?

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity and to the glory of Nemesis

NyctophiliaRaven
venerated member
venerated member

Postby NyctophiliaRaven » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:40 pm

@ServantofJustice -

Yes, there's a LOT going on right now. I have said this before as humor, but I'm starting to wonder if it's not true. "Mama Earth has had enough... and she's flicking us off."

So much stuff is happening right now, has happened already, that people are starting to discuss the common issue of "Donor Fatigue."

Stephen Colbert addressed this either last night, or the night before, on his Late Show. His advice? Give a dollar to an organization of your choosing, for a specific reason.

He said, for Puerto Rico, that if everyone who's ever seen the music video on YouTube of Desposito gave a dollar, their problems would be fixed. He's right.

So if you're suffering from Donor Fatigue... it's understandable with all the stuff that's happening right now.

It's important for everyone who's making donations to these issues to conserve their energy, emotions, and financial circumstances - so instead of giving one large lump sum... give a little here and there. That way, you have something to give to every problem we're having right now.

Because, as ServantofJustice states... It's not over yet. The hits keep coming.

Please donate - please don't donate to the point where it's become emotionally overwhelming.
-Raven

PS - Colbert donates ALL the money that comes from his Ben and Jerry's Icecream flavor "Americone Dream" to charities. Right now, he's donating $1000 of that money to Puerto Rico for every celebrity who tweets an image of themselves as a child with the hashtag #PuberMe and #PuertoRicoRelief - each image gets a $1000 of those icecream funds. There are a LOT of celebrities willing to post humiliating pics of themselves for this charity drive... and you can contribute, too, by buying his icecream flavor.

It's a win/win. You get icecream, and Puerto Rico gets the funds they need.

ALSO - Right now, Puerto Rico has TONS of food, fuel, generators, water, and medicines sitting in their seaport, because they don't have enough truck drivers to take these vital supplies to the places they're most needed. IF YOU CAN DRIVE A SEMI - PLEASE LOOK INTO A WAY TO DRIVE FOR PUERTO RICO

Return to “Messages & Updates”