Disasters Thread - Relief, Notifications, Etc.

CrashingDown
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 42
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: A secret.

Re: Disasters Thread - Relief, Notifications, Etc.

Postby CrashingDown » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:41 pm

I'm also personally a supporter of Doctors Without Borders and RedRover (an organization that helps reunite pets with their owners after disasters, and provide emergency medical care to lost/abandoned animals).

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." --Albert Einstein

DualWanderer3
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Postby DualWanderer3 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:00 pm

I guess this would be a good place to put this.From what my mom just told me were vary lucky irma went by without leaving anything behind.At one point I could tell hafe of my keep helped protect the house while the other hafe kept me company during one point that my dad said was the worst part of the storm which I imagine would be a part of this.

Even though the power and water came back on yesterday a lot quicker then imagined for me people just a block or two away from us in one direction wound up flooding and still have no power and the same for people across from one of the main roads in my area to the other direction not much futher away.

An what did fall fell strait down and staied on the ground.Other then one tree that my dad wanted gone to begin with all that fall were branches.Big enough to not want flying but but that was all that went down.The only thing that hasn't come back yet is the cable and internet which just limets things like typing this to the phone and otherwise not that big of a problem right now.Right now I need to help with cleaning up outside so I'll end it at that.

Blessed be

MagickFromtheMysts
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!

Postby MagickFromtheMysts » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:10 am

Glad to know you're safe. Thank you for letting us know. :)

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series

MagickFromtheMysts
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!

Postby MagickFromtheMysts » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:45 pm

Bumping this - there have been more hurricanes - Puerto Rico is... I have no words for the devastation there...

There have been two major earthquakes in South America.

And today, there was a shooting in Tennessee.

My heart goes out to everyone today, everywhere where Mother Nature, and the nature of man, have overtaken life.

If you can, please donate to disaster relief for the people suffering today.

-Raven

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series

Return to “Messages & Updates”