Wraiths

Ryla
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 58

I just want to get this off my chest since I'm expecting my first Wraith fairly soon. I've always imagined them as "going all out" at every opportunity they get, and that's a big reason why I avoided them in the past. I simply didn't want the trouble. Is this accurate, or have I got the wrong impression of them? I hope it's a case of having the wrong impression. Either way, I'll ensure I have proper House Rules for when mine arrives. I want to be well prepared.

Let me lay down my concerns so those of you who have experience with Wraiths can help me out..

If I'm in traffic, and someone cuts me off, would my Wraith want to go after them? Obviously, I wouldn't want this to happen. Maybe the person was just having a bad day, maybe it was an emergency and they needed to be somewhere urgently. I think we can all agree that there are other reasons, aside from just being a D. :think:

Lets face it, we all have moments when people get under our skin. If I'm caught on the wrong day, in the moment I might mutter something like "I hope you have a sh*t day!" under my breath. Would my Wraith take this literally and act on it?

If I'm at work and I get a call from a rude or angry customer, would that trigger my Wraith? In my experience through the work environment, customers who are rude or angry about something are under pressure from their boss to get the product they are looking for. So it's not often (though it does happen from time to time) that the customer is being rude for no reason. So, that's the business environment and something I wouldn't want a Wraith getting involved with.

Basically, do both the little and big things set them off?

I'm just trying to get a good grasp on where Wraiths are coming from and what they would and would not act on, so I can set my House Rules accordingly.

When it comes to being put in harms way intentionally by someone (be it in the meta or in the mundane) you bet I would definitely let my Wraith have free reign. If my family's safety was threatened, same thing applies. Like everyone else, there will be these types of exceptions for when a Wraith would be allowed to do what they do best.

Ryla
active contributor
active contributor

Oh wow, so it seems I had Wraiths all wrong! (sigh of relief)..

I asked HD what sort of House Rules I should set specifically for a Wraith, and this is the response I got:
Ash said he recommends you allow Wraiths as much latitude as you can because they are good at governing themselves, but you can put basic rules in place like harming none without your permission, or reporting unbound activity, etc.
This has REALLY put my mind at ease! Now that I know Wraiths are "good at governing themselves" I don't need to stress so much over House Rules. :meme:

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Yay! I understand your fears, as this is why I have stuck to Courtwinds and Volkhs for my protection team.

Belladonna_
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

I'm currently expecting a Triad of Wraiths really soon and i'm very excited. I'm not concerned really on the house rules because i already have some very stable rules in place. My main question about wraiths is : When your wraiths go on a task, do you get karma in return for their actions? I have heard some talk that creepyhollows spirits act in a justified manor so no bad karma comes back to the keeper. Just wanted to know what the deal was there. Do you get karma for the actions of your wraiths, or is it all balanced out to prevent this.

The universe is in your bones, The stars in your soul...It never really ends...
Ryla
active contributor
active contributor

Good question, Belladonna :)

Ryla
active contributor
active contributor

Alys wrote:Yay! I understand your fears, as this is why I have stuck to Courtwinds and Volkhs for my protection team.
Volkhs and Courtwinds are awesome! I especially love Volkhs <3

Yeah, this is a first for me so I am still a bit nervous lol. But HD definitely helped me feel better about a Wraith. :)

markyy64
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Zodiac:

Hi i thought id add my bit, My Wraith's seem chilled and relaxed they are not with me during the day as i feel they kinda have there own lives to live as well, but as soon as i walk in the front door at home they appear and when i leave the house they disappear, just my rules that all, i often ask if they want to come to work for a bit some times they do some times they don't its there choice, they always bring a few friends with them as with all my spirits ,i have trouble with a Demon that turns up now and then and there soon on the case, when it comes to protection there always ready and on the job, and although most site say not social as with many protecting spirits they always seem happy to chat, if i think something is lurking around i just call them and bang they are on it. as for revenge i am sure they can deal with it but never had the need.

Mark

Sephiroth
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: sephiroth
Zodiac:

I didnt want to react in other threads but i couldnt understand why we need rules for wraiths. Its not like they are tricksters, they act upon bad things that happen to you. Have 2 and they are non social but never posed any threat or danger.
I once asked one to do vengeance on someone and i got a feeling he didnt agree . My succubus on the other hand was happy to oblige , even if its not justified.

WubbaLubbaDubDub
Ryla
active contributor
active contributor

Thanks for your insights, Wulfke! You're right, it seems rules are not needed. I guess I was panicking for nothing. Glad it's resolved now. ;)

Return to “Dark Arts”