Thread Spirits

Do it yourself with invocations, conjurations, and summons of spirits.
Witch
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 70
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Big Bird
If I could be anything, I would be...: Lard
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Ronald McDonald

Thread spirits are a type of "familiar" born from your spirit energy and granted a distinct identity/form by the Thread Master, who is a minor deity. They look almost like little sperm, about 10 cm long, and they circle your body rapidly or may embed themselves within from time to time. They will divide every 27 hours after conjuring one, so that the number grows more and more. Typically, a person will max out at about 30 thread spirits after a month, because they tend to have a short life span as well.

Thread spirits will constantly devour negative energy that may plague your body, mind, spirit, etc. They will even fight off evil spirits, but they aren't very powerful. There have been cases where all of a conjurer's thread spirits were decimated by a rogue evil spirit. Luckily, it's very easy to conjure up a new thread spirit and start the process over again.

Never name your thread spirits. You wouldn't want to get too attached to them anyways, since they are constantly dividing and dying. I was told to think of them as cells -- constantly dividing and dying. They do have a few peculiarities though; thread spirits love water and cleanliness, and draw additional energy from electronics, so they can become very active when they are around electronics in your house. They feed off of water and negative energy, and will partake in the water you drink -- so don't be alarmed if you are thirstier than usual.

Now, for conjuring them.

First step, and I can't stress this enough, is to take a shower or bath. Don't skip this step!! Also, you must commit to a good personal hygiene schedule, preferably daily, if you are going to conjure these little guys.

Now, this is where it gets a lil hard. You're gonna have to copy some Japanese characters down. Take a WHITE paper and a BLACK pen, and write the following, starting at the top, and work clockwise in a spiral, going outside to in. (Read from left to right, not top to bottom)

糸川※
~命糸
川虫糸

I'll upload a picture of what mine looks like. Yes, you have to include the random symbols. They are part of the algorithm. (If you're curious about the other symbols, they are thread, river, ※, ~, life, thread, river, bug, thread. They don't make any sense together. It's just part of the algorithm)

Now, once you have that written down, we start the conjuration.

Trace each symbol with your finger, starting at the first 糸 and working your way clockwise, towards the center of the spiral with the last 糸.

Once you trace the last symbol, immediately bring that finger to your mouth. With your finger touching your lips, chant "Itorei (ee-toe-ray), [YOUR OWN NAME] commands you to protect me!" THREE TIMES

Once you finish the chant the 3rd time, slowly pull your finger away from your mouth. The thread spirit will form between your finger and mouth, and its head will be stuck to your finger. Use your other hand to pinch the tail gently but firmly, and pull the thread spirit off of your finger. It will then begin to orbit your body.

During the conjuration, you may or may not notice tingling, or your finger getting hot or cold during the tracing. You might be a little fatigued, sleepy, hungry or thirsty after conjuration. This is normal. Finally, for a short period of time after conjuration, you may notice an increased itchiness. Please DO NOT SCRATCH! It's caused by the newly born thread spirit crashing into your body. It takes a little while for the thread spirit to learn the shape of your body and get used to its path of orbit. If you scratch where the thread spirit crashed into you, you might scratch the thread spirit and kill it.

Finally, a little bonus -- Thread spirits do manifest on occasion! If you take a bath (rather than a shower), you may or may not hear tiny little splashes around you.

Troubleshoot: When I was translating this work to English, I found that the chant works as long as the true name of "thread spirits" is used. The Thread Master is very peculiar about that. However, in the case that "itorei" doesn't work for you, here are some alternate readings of the word "thread spirit (糸霊)"

>Shirei (she-ray)
>Itodama (ee-toe-dah-mah)
>Shidama (she-dah-mah)

Witch
neophyte
neophyte

Here's what mine looks like. I smudged the ※ on accident before taking the picture, lol.

Witch
neophyte
neophyte

To dismiss thread spirits:

Trace the symbols from the center of the spiral, counterclockwise. While you are tracing, chant "Itorei, go forth and save others." Just once. You must finish the chant before you finish tracing, but you cannot start the chant before you begin tracing. Time it accordingly.

To destroy the thread spirits:

Simply trace the symbols starting from the center of the spiral, counter clockwise. No chant required.

Witch
neophyte
neophyte

There are 3 more types of thread spirits if anybody is interested. The conjuring process and dismissing process is exactly the same for the next 2, except for the symbols. However, you can only have 1 type of thread spirit at any given time. So if you decide you want to change your thread spirit from the basic type to a love/romance type, then you must dismiss/destroy the basic one first!

Here are the symbols for

Romance/Love
乙卑糸
糸糸目
>命糸

Academic/Focus
井糸卍
命糸井
○↑糸

And finally, the last one is slightly different. This last one is for creating bonds or connections, or drawing things (except for love) to you. This is an "alteration" to the basic (protector) thread spirit; therefore, conjure the basic thread spirit (the 1st post) first, and do not dismiss!

With thread spirits present from a previous conjure, trace these new symbols:

◇<|<<
二眉命
如◇◇

and once you bring your finger to your mouth, chant "Bestow upon me a link between myself and (object of interest)" 3times.

At this point, there is no need to "pull" a new thread spirit from your mouth, so disregard the rest of the steps. Only for this particular species though!

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

Oo, shirei : )

Are you the Senninbokki who created/discovered this method?

There's also these info:
[Normal Type]
[shape] 。~~~:
[race] thunder class, electron group familiar
[usage] can be used easily by anyone
[food/offering] bad spirit, water

[Romance/Love Type]
[shape] >≡~~:
[food/offering] water, and strawberry cake once in a while

[Academic/Focus]
[shape] ]~~ミ:
[food/offering] water and eraser dust/debris

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
☆Aytide☆
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Magickian
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Sugee~
This is very fascinating omg OwO

Santa Muerte, Saint Death,
we pray to you to swallow our breath
Witch
neophyte
neophyte

darkwing wrote:Oo, shirei : )

Are you the Senninbokki who created/discovered this method?

There's also these info:
[Normal Type]
[shape] 。~~~:
[race] thunder class, electron group familiar
[usage] can be used easily by anyone
[food/offering] bad spirit, water

[Romance/Love Type]
[shape] >≡~~:
[food/offering] water, and strawberry cake once in a while

[Academic/Focus]
[shape] ]~~ミ:
[food/offering] water and eraser dust/debris
Nah, but he gave me permission to translate and test it. We both confirmed that the translation works, but only as long as the name is left in Japanese. The Thread Master is still with him -- it's about 60 cm long and looks like a giant thread spirit. I shoulda gave credit here, mah bad! It was late an I wanted to be done XXXXD

Thanks for the extra. The shape of the romance one's head is modified for pinching/grasping, to latch onto the person of your desires and inject your feelings for that person into them, so that he/she is made aware.

carl9010234
neophyte
neophyte

Interesting, I'll have to try this at some point. Thanks for the translation

I guess that I had better define Magick. One definition is:
The art or science of causing change to occur in conformity to Will.
-Aleister Crowley
InfraredVisions
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 18
Your favorite spirit to work with: Thought Form
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mermaid
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Infrared Visions

Witch wrote:Thread spirits are a type of "familiar" born from your spirit energy and granted a distinct identity/form by the Thread Master, who is a minor deity. They look almost like little sperm, about 10 cm long, and they circle your body rapidly or may embed themselves within from time to time. They will divide every 27 hours after conjuring one, so that the number grows more and more. Typically, a person will max out at about 30 thread spirits after a month, because they tend to have a short life span as well.

Thread spirits will constantly devour negative energy that may plague your body, mind, spirit, etc. They will even fight off evil spirits, but they aren't very powerful. There have been cases where all of a conjurer's thread spirits were decimated by a rogue evil spirit. Luckily, it's very easy to conjure up a new thread spirit and start the process over again.

Never name your thread spirits. You wouldn't want to get too attached to them anyways, since they are constantly dividing and dying. I was told to think of them as cells -- constantly dividing and dying. They do have a few peculiarities though; thread spirits love water and cleanliness, and draw additional energy from electronics, so they can become very active when they are around electronics in your house. They feed off of water and negative energy, and will partake in the water you drink -- so don't be alarmed if you are thirstier than usual.

Now, for conjuring them.

First step, and I can't stress this enough, is to take a shower or bath. Don't skip this step!! Also, you must commit to a good personal hygiene schedule, preferably daily, if you are going to conjure these little guys.

Now, this is where it gets a lil hard. You're gonna have to copy some Japanese characters down. Take a WHITE paper and a BLACK pen, and write the following, starting at the top, and work clockwise in a spiral, going outside to in. (Read from left to right, not top to bottom)

糸川※
~命糸
川虫糸

I'll upload a picture of what mine looks like. Yes, you have to include the random symbols. They are part of the algorithm. (If you're curious about the other symbols, they are thread, river, ※, ~, life, thread, river, bug, thread. They don't make any sense together. It's just part of the algorithm)

Now, once you have that written down, we start the conjuration.

Trace each symbol with your finger, starting at the first 糸 and working your way clockwise, towards the center of the spiral with the last 糸.

Once you trace the last symbol, immediately bring that finger to your mouth. With your finger touching your lips, chant "Itorei (ee-toe-ray), [YOUR OWN NAME] commands you to protect me!" THREE TIMES

Once you finish the chant the 3rd time, slowly pull your finger away from your mouth. The thread spirit will form between your finger and mouth, and its head will be stuck to your finger. Use your other hand to pinch the tail gently but firmly, and pull the thread spirit off of your finger. It will then begin to orbit your body.

During the conjuration, you may or may not notice tingling, or your finger getting hot or cold during the tracing. You might be a little fatigued, sleepy, hungry or thirsty after conjuration. This is normal. Finally, for a short period of time after conjuration, you may notice an increased itchiness. Please DO NOT SCRATCH! It's caused by the newly born thread spirit crashing into your body. It takes a little while for the thread spirit to learn the shape of your body and get used to its path of orbit. If you scratch where the thread spirit crashed into you, you might scratch the thread spirit and kill it.

Finally, a little bonus -- Thread spirits do manifest on occasion! If you take a bath (rather than a shower), you may or may not hear tiny little splashes around you.

Troubleshoot: When I was translating this work to English, I found that the chant works as long as the true name of "thread spirits" is used. The Thread Master is very peculiar about that. However, in the case that "itorei" doesn't work for you, here are some alternate readings of the word "thread spirit (糸霊)"

>Shirei (she-ray)
>Itodama (ee-toe-dah-mah)
>Shidama (she-dah-mah)

Old Town
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Mathias
Zodiac:

Thank you for sharing, this was really interesting to read. :)

Return to “DIY Spirits”