The Djinn Question Thread

Ryla
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 58

I thought I'd start a Djinn question thread, for anyone who may have questions related to Djinn. :)

I'll be receiving my Muspeli Norse Djinn fairly soon from CH, and I'd like some advice from those of you who work with Djinn and/or Muspeli Norse Djinn. Here are my questions:

I read somewhere on the forum that you may need to wait at least 2 weeks before asking a Djinn for any wishes, is this correct? Honestly I don't see myself asking for any wishes at this point or in the immediate future. You know, "be careful what you wish for" and all. I think I'd prefer to only ask for a wish when absolutely necessary. What do you guys think?

Anyway, I would like assistance from my Djinn on some things which are not wish related. Is it still better to wait 2 weeks before asking him/her for any sort of help?

My next question may sound pretty silly but here goes. What's the difference between asking for a wish, and just asking for their assistance with something?

Are there any necessary formalities and/or courtesies I should be aware of, before and after making a wish to my Djinn? Of course, "please" and "thank you" would be appreciated but anything else?

Would it be alright if I gave an offering to my Djinn just before asking for a wish, and then again once the wish has been fulfilled? Or does it work a different way?

I think I heard that being careful about how you word a wish is important when it comes to Djinn, is this true? If so, what should I be careful of saying/not saying?

This is all I can think of asking, for now. If anyone would like to add further insight or advice on Djinn in general, please feel free to do so! And of course, anyone else who may have other questions related to Djinn, come along and post them here.

Thanks in advance.

Ryla
active contributor
active contributor

A couple more questions:

Obviously I'd prefer to avoid this kind of situation (be mindful about what you are going to ask for) but for future reference, if you later decide against a wish you made to your Djinn, is it possible to ask them to stop carrying it out or is it more like once it's asked for, it's set in stone until the wish is fulfilled?

What kind of protective measures do Djinn take?

AceOfSpades
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Athena
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not sure.
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Ace of Spades

Feranox wrote: My next question may sound pretty silly but here goes. What's the difference between asking for a wish, and just asking for their assistance with something?
Wishing is when you want something. Whereas assistance is where you want help with something. For example if money was the topic. Wishing for money is exactly that, wishing for money. Whereas asking for help with money would be asking it to help you find ways to get money. Like getting a job, winning a contest, things like that.

Ryla
active contributor
active contributor

Thank you for your answer, AceOfSpades!

AceOfSpades
neophyte
neophyte

Feranox wrote:Thank you for your answer, AceOfSpades!
No problem. As for what you should do with your Djinn if it's anything like mine and it comes with a spell to use. Follow it to the best of your ability. But if nothing happens after, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's not working or the Djinn is being disloyal to you. I heard the 2 weeks thing myself, but sometimes, not all the time but sometimes the time actually varies. In my case, I had my djinn vessel for at least half a year before I started getting responses from it. With mine I ended up in her realm a couple of times. So I would suggest wait for yours to talk to you. Ask it questions and if it says anything positive your way, like saying it will do what you ask. You're pretty much solid. However there's a bit of a snag. If you have any form of mental blocks, communication ranges from limited to nothing. It's one of the reasons why until now I had trouble communicating with mine. I still got a long way to go before any requested wishes effects myself and my surroundings. But it's not one way, they try to contact us as much as we try to contact them. Look for signs that it's there be it certain effects on your vessel or effects in you're dreams and surroundings.

Ryla
active contributor
active contributor

Thanks! :)

Mine is coming from CH, so no spell with him/her. It makes sense, what you say about the 2 week time varying sometimes. I have no problem with that if it ends up being the case for me too.

AceOfSpades
neophyte
neophyte

Feranox wrote:Thanks! :)

Mine is coming from CH, so no spell with him/her. It makes sense, what you say about the 2 week time varying sometimes. I have no problem with that if it ends up being the case for me too.
If it has no spell, then odds are you're gonna have to look up an invocation on the site. One that would apply to the type Djinn you purchased.

Belladonna_
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Hi there!

I have a Royal Shaitan Djinn in my spirit family, and actually when i came across this thread, his vessel pulsed with energy and his vessel kinda jumped out at me like he was saying "I want to read this with you" haha. Now i see why he wanted me to come to this thread, i think me and him could answer some of your questions :)

So for your first questions, i always suggest to all new Djinn Keepers to wait until your bond with your new friend is 100% completed and sealed. We all welcome Djinn into our lives with the intentions to build a strong and positive friendship with your new companion. Wishes shouldn't be in our minds until that positive relationship has formed. I always suggest waiting a few weeks until you know for sure that you have a nicely sealed bond with your new companion...that is when i say you can then ask for a wish.

The famous term "Be careful what you wish for" absolutely applies 100%. Djinn have the tendencies to twist wishes every now and then depending on the Djinn, his or her clan, and sometimes even the seller. But regardless, i always say that this golden rule applies 100% with all Djinn :) Djinn don't mean to twist wishes...It's kind of seen as normal to them because things that some may find wrong here in the physical world, may be different to them in their realm. It's just their nature. They see things much differently then we do and for that reasoning we of course have to respect that. I always suggest placing down some strict wish granting rules...rules that wont interfere with the wishes power and energy and manifestation rate, but rules that will help balance and organize the wishes in a more stable manor. For an example you could say "Please do not twist my words in anyway that could be harmful to me or the others around me." or "Please do not manifest wishes in ways that could harm myself or another, under any circumstances". :) Keep the rules tight yet stable so that way it isn't restricting them from granting wishes!

If you are seeking some guidance form your Djinn or anything else related to that, Your new friend will definitely be there for you :) once you guys begin to form that bond i am certain your Djinn would love to help you with anything you need help with, whether you're seeking guidance, advice, or assistance with anything you need help with :)

Now for your next question, heres the difference.

a wish is something you strongly desire and that you wish for greatly. Something that you really want in your life that you wish you had. Assistance and guidance is exactly what it means hehe. When you need some help with a problem or situation or anything you are concerned or need help with.

Always respect your Djinn and always be kind, loving and respectful no matter what, just as you would with any other friend and companion you have in your life. So using Please & Thank you would be ideal c: Always respect your Djinn.

And yes, always offer your gifts little thoughtful gifts and treats that he may like, such as incense and anything else of that nature, and maybe even offer him some things you think he would really enjoy. Gifts and Offerings for your Djinn is a great idea! :)

A suggestion I'd like to make is go for a walk with your Djinn outside. Take a look around and admire the nature and the world around you. See if anything catches your eye, a branch, a flower etc.Things out in nature make great offerings for all spirits :) It's very thoughtful and its a great bonding experience to go for walks out in nature with your companions :) Sometimes they might even point things out to you that they like :)

I hope that may have helped you out and answered any questions that you have had. If you need help with anything else and or have anymore questions, feel free to ask way! :) I'm sure me and man others will be glad to help.

Love and Light <3

The universe is in your bones, The stars in your soul...It never really ends...
Ryla
active contributor
active contributor

Oh wow Belladonna, this was fantastic to read! I really appreciate you coming in and answering my questions, thank you so much. <3

Your post was extremely helpful. :)

Return to “Djinn / Genie”