Managed to get a glimpse of trying to feel energy once again but?

ServantofJustice
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 12
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal?
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: White Wraith

Managed to get a glimpse of trying to feel energy once again but?

Postby ServantofJustice » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:36 pm

I managed to attempt to get my senses to the level I once had during childhood when I could once feel an impression from almost anything or most things I saw or energy if that is what I could feel. Somehow I felt 'overwhelmed' and was 'taken back' while nervous somewhat or whatever it is that happened because it felt intense when I tried to sense more 'intense' things and? I'm attempting as of right now to switch to a more 'perceiving' mindset that I used to have too.

I am trying to exercise my 'perceive' by attempting to feel the impressions of different rooms or objects, if I'm supposed to concentrate on the objects or room more because some rooms are small and very close to each other. In this case if you live in a flat.

This is best confirmed by somebody who has any experience or can take a look at me and see what it was that happened. If anything's wrong with my third eye, whether its open/closed or other things are causing the blocks.

Another thing, howcome its easier to get an impression or feel the 'energy' from something upon first encountering it but if repeated you can be desensitized and sometimes its harder? Is it that we naturally try to 'process' it into thoughts/categories after experiencing it like I know I do sometimes?

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity and to the glory of Nemesis

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

Re: Managed to get a glimpse of trying to feel energy once again but?

Postby Likes2Read » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:03 pm

Strictly viewing this from a muggle standpoint, I can see what could cause problems. There is second-guessing going on throughout the post. For example:
I managed to attempt to get my senses to the level I once had during childhood when I could once feel an impression from almost anything or most things I saw or energy if that is what I could feel.

The second-guessing going on here seems to be related to what you once saw. You knew you were seeing something back then, but weren't in the frame of mind that HAD to define and categorize everything precisely. Now, however, the habit of defining and categorizing seems to be throwing confusion into the mix, instead of clarity. I lt has you saying, "I saw XXXX or YYYY or ZZZZ, if that is what I saw" Instead of just being able to trust yourself enough to say "I saw XXXX."

Somehow I felt 'overwhelmed' and was 'taken back' while nervous somewhat or whatever it is that happened because it felt intense when I tried to sense more 'intense' things and?

Again, the second-guessing, this time while describing feelings. "XXXX or whatever it was". Trust yourself enough to know what your own feelings are, and allow yourself to state something flat-out, not make a statement and then second-guess and add muddling "but it could've been this other thing, or that other thing, or the other other thing" non-clarifying clarifications. It'll leave you confused and doubting, once you're done expressing all that contradictory info.

Also, that pigeonholing habit is sneaking in, and most likely causing frustration. Such as:
. . . If I'm supposed to concentrate on the objects or room more because some rooms are small and very close to each other. In this case if you live in a flat.

Give yourself permission to pick one focus for the experiment, objects or room, and boldly go with it. Then another time, pick the other one and boldly go with that. There's no wrong decision, as long as your focus and intent are clear. But focusing on two things at once, or wavering back and forth, or second-guessing your choice during the test, will throw the whole experiment into a tailspin and muddle the results.

This is best confirmed by somebody who has any experience or can take a look at me and see what it was that happened. If anything's wrong with my third eye, whether its open/closed or other things are causing the blocks.

The blocks, from where I sit, are second-guessing, lacking trust in your own judgement, and the pigeonholing habit. Good news: they're all fixable. Better news: fixing them will help ALL aspects of life, not just the metaphysical things. But talking to a counselor might be the most expeditious way to retrain your habits. Flying solo trying to build better thinking habits will most likely take longer.

Another thing, howcome its easier to get an impression or feel the 'energy' from something upon first encountering it but if repeated you can be desensitized and sometimes its harder? Is it that we naturally try to 'process' it into thoughts/categories after experiencing it like I know I do sometimes?

Because the more we second-guess, the more different and conflicting answers we come up with, the end result is that we end up not knowing which is right and confused by it all. Nobody ever reinforces existing results by second-guessing. It always involves getting a different answer, and then we end up in a quandary about which to choose.

Go with your first impression, own that sucker like a boss, and when you find out the official answer, review how it felt to get YOUR answer. That feedback will help you identify what it feels like FOR YOU when you get the right answer.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files. Visit my MP link (on the profile under my userID) for the spelled items that Etsy deemed too hot to handle! :) I look forward to seeing you there!

ServantofJustice
active contributor
active contributor

Postby ServantofJustice » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:09 pm

Likes2Read wrote:Strictly viewing this from a muggle standpoint, I can see what could cause problems. There is second-guessing going on throughout the post. For example:
I managed to attempt to get my senses to the level I once had during childhood when I could once feel an impression from almost anything or most things I saw or energy if that is what I could feel.

The second-guessing going on here seems to be related to what you once saw. You knew you were seeing something back then, but weren't in the frame of mind that HAD to define and categorize everything precisely. Now, however, the habit of defining and categorizing seems to be throwing confusion into the mix, instead of clarity. I lt has you saying, "I saw XXXX or YYYY or ZZZZ, if that is what I saw" Instead of just being able to trust yourself enough to say "I saw XXXX."

Somehow I felt 'overwhelmed' and was 'taken back' while nervous somewhat or whatever it is that happened because it felt intense when I tried to sense more 'intense' things and?

Again, the second-guessing, this time while describing feelings. "XXXX or whatever it was". Trust yourself enough to know what your own feelings are, and allow yourself to state something flat-out, not make a statement and then second-guess and add muddling "but it could've been this other thing, or that other thing, or the other other thing" non-clarifying clarifications. It'll leave you confused and doubting, once you're done expressing all that contradictory info.

Also, that pigeonholing habit is sneaking in, and most likely causing frustration. Such as:
. . . If I'm supposed to concentrate on the objects or room more because some rooms are small and very close to each other. In this case if you live in a flat.

Give yourself permission to pick one focus for the experiment, objects or room, and boldly go with it. Then another time, pick the other one and boldly go with that. There's no wrong decision, as long as your focus and intent are clear. But focusing on two things at once, or wavering back and forth, or second-guessing your choice during the test, will throw the whole experiment into a tailspin and muddle the results.

The blocks, from where I sit, are second-guessing, lacking trust in your own judgement, and the pigeonholing habit. Good news: they're all fixable. Better news: fixing them will help ALL aspects of life, not just the metaphysical things. But talking to a counselor might be the most expeditious way to retrain your habits. Flying solo trying to build better thinking habits will most likely take longer.

Because the more we second-guess, the more different and conflicting answers we come up with, the end result is that we end up not knowing which is right and confused by it all. Nobody ever reinforces existing results by second-guessing. It always involves getting a different answer, and then we end up in a quandary about which to choose.

Go with your first impression, own that sucker like a boss, and when you find out the official answer, review how it felt to get YOUR answer. That feedback will help you identify what it feels like FOR YOU when you get the right answer.
Thank you and your answers are spot-on, my overthinking habits emerge from lack of trust in my instinct with alot of other factors in life that made me use it. I was once told in a reading that I had an obstacle to overcome, and it was something which may have served me for reasons in the past but is now an obstacle that must go.

I was also warned by somebody that if I did not get out of this pondering or overthink loop that I very likely could descend into losing sanity even.

When I tried to use instinct more I noticed that I alwags gain an increased amount of control over my voice/speech once again and try to change or edit the word(s) I say less.

Wherever my instinct has come in instead of overthinking everything seems far more meaningful. The meaning begins to seep back in.

Now I realise how other people can live their life in content, the ones in society whom don't overthink or have much of that ability and seem to not philosophise all that much on their surroundings.

Our society portays overthinking as a 'gift' and encourages that which is an illusion in some ways it seems.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified

Postby Likes2Read » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:20 pm

The good thing is that these are only habits, not something ingrained in anyone's DNA. They were learned. When habits no longer serve your needs, they can be replaced with NEW habits that serve your needs better.

Try catching yourself in the act of second-guessing and refuse to proceed with adding muddling answers.

Keep a diary, and it doesn't have to be a metaphysical one (or that can be a separate journal). Keep a muggle journal. Now and then, go back and review it and watch for the signs of over-thinking and self-doubt, so you can handle similar situations differently next time. And don't doubt yourself while writing - just put your thoughts on paper, as is. Nobody's going to judge it.

Reviewing it now and then will help you identify improvements, too.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files. Visit my MP link (on the profile under my userID) for the spelled items that Etsy deemed too hot to handle! :) I look forward to seeing you there!

ServantofJustice
active contributor
active contributor

Postby ServantofJustice » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:47 am

Likes2Read wrote:The good thing is that these are only habits, not something ingrained in anyone's DNA. They were learned. When habits no longer serve your needs, they can be replaced with NEW habits that serve your needs better.

Try catching yourself in the act of second-guessing and refuse to proceed with adding muddling answers.

Keep a diary, and it doesn't have to be a metaphysical one (or that can be a separate journal). Keep a muggle journal. Now and then, go back and review it and watch for the signs of over-thinking and self-doubt, so you can handle similar situations differently next time. And don't doubt yourself while writing - just put your thoughts on paper, as is. Nobody's going to judge it.

Reviewing it now and then will help you identify improvements, too.
Another thing may I ask is what does it mean when it seems I have two, or more contradicting directions that my instincts point towards? That might be when I tend to overthink.

If one says Yes/No in a decision but the other 'Yes/No' or 'maybe yes/no because etc'.

ServantofJustice
active contributor
active contributor

Postby ServantofJustice » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:55 am

-Another possible obstacle or problem is tendency to focus on and excite in the future/past plus all their possibilities rather than 'the present'.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified

Postby Likes2Read » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:11 am

The two contradicting answers IS a function of overthinking. Go with your FIRST answer. See if that is right or wrong. Give yourself permission to make mistakes! It's how we learn. If you don't put pressure on yourself to be all perfect, all the time, there will be no need to overthink. My gut feeling is that the overthinking is fear-based, so resolving the fear issue will go a long way toward helping you break the habit.

Then, if your first answer is correct, think of what it felt like to get that answer. That's how it feels when we are getting a valid impression. If your first answer is incorrect, and it is ALLOWED to be, remember how THAT felt, as well. That's how it feels when we aren't quite tuned in yet.

ServantofJustice
active contributor
active contributor

Postby ServantofJustice » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:57 am

Likes2Read wrote:The two contradicting answers IS a function of overthinking. Go with your FIRST answer. See if that is right or wrong. Give yourself permission to make mistakes! It's how we learn. If you don't put pressure on yourself to be all perfect, all the time, there will be no need to overthink. My gut feeling is that the overthinking is fear-based, so resolving the fear issue will go a long way toward helping you break the habit.

Then, if your first answer is correct, think of what it felt like to get that answer. That's how it feels when we are getting a valid impression. If your first answer is incorrect, and it is ALLOWED to be, remember how THAT felt, as well. That's how it feels when we aren't quite tuned in yet.
Seems I don't realise when I do it sometimes yep. It is safe to say that it does have something to do with fear and trying to perfect everything. When I am fearful or feel anxious for whatever reason. It is like my instinct is frozen in place, I doubt myself and naturally 'overthink' to cope somehow or picked up it as a 'solution' to that.

For me when I wake up from sleep every day it's like I have reset back to the state of mind after being awake. Sometimes it is or not.

For the focusing on the past/present happens when one day I started trying to ponder or entertain myself on 'what ifs'. Focusing on trying to predict things in the distant future with instinct and knowledge plus imagine all possibilities. Or 'anticipate something bad that might happen'.

Sometimes the first and second answer seem like they both appear quickly at nearly the same time so to say but thanks for the input once again.

ServantofJustice
active contributor
active contributor

Postby ServantofJustice » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:16 pm

-In this case also wanted to say that I've been told from somebody experienced who checked on me that my other chakras are ok, but my heart chakra out of all appears quite tight to add to detail.

ServantofJustice
active contributor
active contributor

Postby ServantofJustice » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:51 pm

Likes2Read wrote:The two contradicting answers IS a function of overthinking. Go with your FIRST answer. See if that is right or wrong. Give yourself permission to make mistakes! It's how we learn. If you don't put pressure on yourself to be all perfect, all the time, there will be no need to overthink. My gut feeling is that the overthinking is fear-based, so resolving the fear issue will go a long way toward helping you break the habit.
Alright found something too.

It appears that I have a weird situation where my third eye and heart chakras have developed a 'codependent relation' with each other. It means the third eye might be open already, but obscured because of the fact it is linked to the heart chakra.

Somebody who could see energies in others effectively said they saw a 'weird link' within between the two?

Return to “What Went Wrong?”