acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 24
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I have some fae- a normal light fae and a universe of dark fae. Going purely from my own experience, as an artist, when I am thinking of something to draw and I am stumped, it is always the girls who are dancing around and posing, "dressing up" for me, never the males.

Perhaps they just have a more subdued role in fae society or something?

CobwebWeaver
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Divine Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Cobweb Weaver
Zodiac:

Yeah, I've noticed that most faeries around are female. I happen to have three male faeries, two snow and one garden from Bliss.

- Cobweb Weaver, Basttera, Child of Dragons, devotee of Bastet and Anubis X..X 0x.
Snakat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

I do have 4-5 male faes already here, one has a difficult energy to read in this part, and another on hold. Thinking that one is together in a kind of lolita style, shy may not be the best word for him. And the sidhe really aren't shy either. But some kind of fae can be very shy.

To be honest I see all fae in grey arts because of free will and they like to prank. And like it was said the Gangacangh are all males, people forget them. I think this may have to do with people idea of faeries,r they show they like small girls with wings or very different beings. Some faeries have human size, some don't have wings, and some are male lol I think people forget this things. The fae are a very diverse group.

Maybe the males don't feel very confortable with everyone expecting tiny girls :lol:

Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

AstralD wrote:I have some fae- a normal light fae and a universe of dark fae. Going purely from my own experience, as an artist, when I am thinking of something to draw and I am stumped, it is always the girls who are dancing around and posing, "dressing up" for me, never the males.

Perhaps they just have a more subdued role in fae society or something?
Yes, i see, and completely understand what you mean, and i'd probably feel the same way. I don't know about the subdued role, i'm not sure about that but i do wonder about what their placement is because although there's quite a few people with the male fae it still feels like they are more associated as females, not that that's a bad thing, there are plenty of entities more associated as masculine, but i'm wondering how fae seem to become so associated throughout history as female. Males have just come across as less common. Although, i've spoken to one person who says that they have way more male fae so maybe i was just wrong.
Snakat wrote:I do have 4-5 male faes already here, one has a difficult energy to read in this part, and another on hold. Thinking that one is together in a kind of lolita style, shy may not be the best word for him. And the sidhe really aren't shy either. But some kind of fae can be very shy.

To be honest I see all fae in grey arts because of free will and they like to prank. And like it was said the Gangacangh are all males, people forget them. I think this may have to do with people idea of faeries,r they show they like small girls with wings or very different beings. Some faeries have human size, some don't have wings, and some are male lol I think people forget this things. The fae are a very diverse group.

Maybe the males don't feel very confortable with everyone expecting tiny girls :lol:
Yes, you're very right. Fae are very diverse. I don't sound like i thought this thread through very well, do i? It's just they seemed more rarer until now....

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
Ruby
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

:) Hehe, well, now more people will take notice of gannies!

Buuuuuut... I am just biased because my ganny is so wonderful. XD

ImageImageImageImageImage
Manannanschild
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Tuatha de Danann
My magical/paranormal name...: Manannanschild
Zodiac:

Many fae and faeries are experts at illusions. They use a magic known as a seeming which allows them to be seen as what people would expect to see. Many of the little ones use this so that most humans see them only as butterflies or birds. Thus since most humans expect fae and faeries to be female, they SEEM female to those that can see them. However a seeming is more than mere camouflage as while the seeming is in effect, they are functionally what they seem to be. Hence a male fae or faerie using a seeming can actually reproduce and engage in sex like a member of the female sex. Seemings are one of the more powerful common fae magics. These magics are as follows.Seemings make something appear to be something it is not. Glamours enhance auras/empathic energies/and can do minor illusionary effects. And pishogues which are the most powerful, can alter perception causing hallucinations and delusions.

A descendant of Manannan mac Lir, through his child Cliodhna, the Queen of Banshees. Practitioner of necromancy and spirit-working. Spiritual companions include: 1 Irish River Djinn, 2 Banshees, 3 Slaugh Sidhe, 10 Reanimates, 6 Ghoul Djinn, 4 Black Hounds, 1 Samhain Dragon, 4 Human Necromancers, 2 Weremothers, 4 Nosfecunda, 1 Fertility Witch, 5 Crow-Maidens, 8 Irish Vampires, 9 Skeletal Guards, 5 Bone Golems, 2 Tomb Legionaires, 4 Units of Phantom Soldiers, 1 Bog Mummy, 23 Dark Phoenixes...
Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

my fairies are all male :)

MadFox45
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Banshee
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
Zodiac:

I wouldn't say they're rare, I have a pixie waiting in my shop at the moment and also have quite a few earthen faerie spirits in my keep who are male. If you go to other shops like Foxx Hollow and Jules... I think you'll find more. if not there is always the possibility of conjuring a male fae spirit who is willing.

Return to “Faery”