Can you use a pendulum as a way to develop your telepathy?

raoulf
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

So I have several new spirits on the way in the mail and I've been excited to start bonding with them. I had them all bridged to me so I figured I would start talking to them while I wait for their vessels to arrive. I guess my challenge is how to recognize their "voices" as distinct from my own thoughts. I've been meditating for several years now before I discovered spirit keeping so I am familiar with quieting the mind but I'm still not sure if what is coming through is my own thoughts or my spirits.

So last night I decided to try something that I'd seen suggested here, using a deck of playing cards and trying to guess the color of the card. Using the words that came in my head I did terribly. Like only 30% which is even less than the odds of chance. So I decided to try using my pendulum as it's a tool I'm more familiar with and I asked the spirit I was talking with T. To tell me the color of the card using the pendulum. Well my accuracy soared to 70%. I was thrilled to see this, but ultimately I'd like to be able to communicate with my spirits more directly through telepathy and actually hear them rather than needing to rely on my pendulum.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how I could do this? Is there a way maybe the pendulum could be used as a stepping stone to enhance my telepathy? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

angelicverea
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dark Arts
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

raoulf wrote:Does anyone have any suggestions of how I could do this? Is there a way maybe the pendulum could be used as a stepping stone to enhance my telepathy? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
At first I also couldn't hear them, but paying attention to thoughts that were obviously out of left field for me helped me acclimate to their 'sound'. Random thoughts, too. I once saw a picture of a skeletal horse and heard very clearly, "I have one like that."

Perhaps you could use the pendulum as a way to double check the answers you receive telepathically, and slowly you'll learn to distinguish it from your own thoughts. Talking with them in the astral could help too.

CrashingDown
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: A secret.

The pendulum is a good stepping stone, but try not to use it as a crutch to replace telepathy.

Personally, I use mine on occasion but I try to do so sparingly as it is not the primary method of communication any of my spirits wish to use with me. You'll find as you grow more accustomed to their presence, you'll know with greater certainty who is appearing and what they have to tell you over time.

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." --Albert Einstein
Edens Eve
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons

I agree with the above two comments. Yes you may use it to double check your answers. However using it often would defeat the purpose of your goal. It will make you become dependent upon the pendulum. Thus preventing your growth in clairaudiance. However using it sparingly may assist you in confidence. Confidence in your ability to hear your spiritual companions. Confidence will take you a long way with developing your ability to hear the spiritual realms.

Do you already have spirits in your keep?

~~ Knowledge is power ~~
conxtion
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gods
If I could be anything, I would be...: Above God
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Michael
Zodiac:

If I may add my 2 cents, you can also try using an app like Ghostcom Communicator Pro (Android and iOS) by BigBorisStudios.

Wealth, Health and Happiness are my nature.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

It's a tool, but not necessarily the one that promotes telepathy. It exercises a different kind of perception. When you want to strengthen your arms, you don't do leg exercises. It's good to strengthen both arms AND legs, so doing both kinds of exercises is good. In the same vein, strengthening some kinds of perception can be done with a pendulum, but only telepathy exercises are designed specifically to strengthen THAT kind of perception.

Head to the Spirit Tasking subforum and look for "Get started communicating NOW with your spirits" for a bunch of telepathy exercises.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”