How does one switch off the 'analyzing/overthink' part of your head?

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

ServantofJustice wrote:Just to say when I am in a 'before sleep' state I noticed today that I basically experienced the things that were going through my head as if they were louder/magnified.

So that might show the origins of where it's coming from.

A different person suggested that because I have been taught to not attach my own awareness to forming opinions, I could be copying opinions/perceptions on things from the metaphorical 'lens' of many others out there.

But I wouldn't know how true. Sometimes I do feel that the 'knowledge' I hold and such was basically the collective perceptions of many certain people, accumulated into a hive.

If your opinion of something is not approved, you can take the opinion of another person about that maybe by experiencing them or other ways. Then when asked about the subject claim it as your own if you decide to pick a certain one out of many others because its more comfortable to use? "This opinion sounds nice/accurate, I might adopt it as my own"
We all have learned things from the accumulated knowledge of others, and we all have seen others' opinions that, once we have heard them out, have convinced us that those opinions are correct and we agree with them. In and of itself, those things are not a problem or a hindrance. Learning from others can be a desirable thing.

It's when we do these things because we believe our own thoughts, knowledge, opinions, reasoning, are inferior, always wrong, inherently bad or foolish, lacking any value, etc., that it's a problem. The problem lies not in the adopting of others' ideas, but in the unceasing doubt and denigration of our own ideas' worth and validity. We have to be able to assess our own ideas and knowledge accurately, in order to be able to assess the ideas and knowledge of others accurately. That's how we'll know the difference between beneficial things to adopt and undesirable things to reject.

I think we can all agree that the person whose attitude is, "I am always right, and I refuse to accept contradicting information that disproves my ideas" has an unhealthy approach to life. However, the opposite extreme, "I am never right, so every time I see the least bit of contradiction of my ideas, I will accept that the contradiction is correct and my ideas were wrong" is harmful, too. The former person harms everyone else with their arrogance, but the latter one harms themselves with their self-doubt, and dare I say self-hatred.

The latter person can also readily supply their own contradictions from within when none come from outside sources. "I think XXXX. Or maybe YYYY. Then again, ZZZZ." It's a process that can leave the person moving in random directions instead of picking a course and sticking with it. The aimless wandering can then lead to their putting themselves down for having no direction in their lives, therefore they must be wrong at everything, therefore they can't possibly pick the right direction, therefore more aimless wandering... it can become a self-perpetuating cycle, only breakable when it is recognized for what it is, and torn out by the roots with conscious action.

Seeking outside guidance is the way to expedite the excision of this kind of thinking, and (equally important!) the building of more constructive thought patterns to replace the undesirable patterns.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:
ServantofJustice wrote:Just to say when I am in a 'before sleep' state I noticed today that I basically experienced the things that were going through my head as if they were louder/magnified.

So that might show the origins of where it's coming from.

A different person suggested that because I have been taught to not attach my own awareness to forming opinions, I could be copying opinions/perceptions on things from the metaphorical 'lens' of many others out there.

But I wouldn't know how true. Sometimes I do feel that the 'knowledge' I hold and such was basically the collective perceptions of many certain people, accumulated into a hive.

If your opinion of something is not approved, you can take the opinion of another person about that maybe by experiencing them or other ways. Then when asked about the subject claim it as your own if you decide to pick a certain one out of many others because its more comfortable to use? "This opinion sounds nice/accurate, I might adopt it as my own"
We all have learned things from the accumulated knowledge of others, and we all have seen others' opinions that, once we have heard them out, have convinced us that those opinions are correct and we agree with them. In and of itself, those things are not a problem or a hindrance. Learning from others can be a desirable thing.

It's when we do these things because we believe our own thoughts, knowledge, opinions, reasoning, are inferior, always wrong, inherently bad or foolish, lacking any value, etc., that it's a problem. The problem lies not in the adopting of others' ideas, but in the unceasing doubt and denigration of our own ideas' worth and validity. We have to be able to assess our own ideas and knowledge accurately, in order to be able to assess the ideas and knowledge of others accurately. That's how we'll know the difference between beneficial things to adopt and undesirable things to reject.

I think we can all agree that the person whose attitude is, "I am always right, and I refuse to accept contradicting information that disproves my ideas" has an unhealthy approach to life. However, the opposite extreme, "I am never right, so every time I see the least bit of contradiction of my ideas, I will accept that the contradiction is correct and my ideas were wrong" is harmful, too. The former person harms everyone else with their arrogance, but the latter one harms themselves with their self-doubt, and dare I say self-hatred.

The latter person can also readily supply their own contradictions from within when none come from outside sources. "I think XXXX. Or maybe YYYY. Then again, ZZZZ." It's a process that can leave the person moving in random directions instead of picking a course and sticking with it. The aimless wandering can then lead to their putting themselves down for having no direction in their lives, therefore they must be wrong at everything, therefore they can't possibly pick the right direction, therefore more aimless wandering... it can become a self-perpetuating cycle, only breakable when it is recognized for what it is, and torn out by the roots with conscious action.

Seeking outside guidance is the way to expedite the excision of this kind of thinking, and (equally important!) the building of more constructive thought patterns to replace the undesirable patterns.
What if you rely on the opinions on others though to a point where you don't use instinct?

But point was made from when somebody showed this article: https://unseenseraph.com/kick-damn-limi ... ts-behind/

I've had moments where it felt like being invaded when an opinion that contradicted mine entered, or one night I could not sleep because I had all these ideas from people left over from a storyline forum discussion circulating around in my head as if 'debating/discussing with each other', and new conclusions/ideas forming from that.

If I had an experience and spoke with someone who doubted my instincts/opinions form, some of their opinion might remain in my head next time there might be one 'fighting/clashing' with my own maybe next time they do.

I talked about, what if you were asked about something but could not formulate an original opinion of your own from instinct not reliant on or using that of others', because you use or are dominated by/clash with others' so much?

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Not being able to form one's own opinion can be a fear-based issue or a sign that self-confidence is lacking. If you were, and perhaps still are, in an environment where you and your ideas and opinions are torn down, two things happen. One, it becomes hard to find and trust your own voice. Two, you might learn to tear yourself down internally, even when your usual detractors aren't around to do the job. In that case, those ideas and opinions you form can be torn to shreds before they are ever shared with anyone else, saving your detractors the trouble of hearing you out and tearing down the things you've said.

I can see examples of this in some of your posts, places where the sentence is written in phrasing that would normally be a declaration, but the punctuation after the words is a question mark. It suggests to me that making a flat-out declaration is outside your internal safe space, so turning it into a question is deferring to whomever else is the final arbiter of what you think and feel.

This is NOT a criticism, but an observation, and it leaves me believing that your life has had one or more authority figures in it who were, perhaps still are, tearing down your thoughts and feelings. This isn't a character flaw, it's a defense mechanism. It's what made life more tolerable at the time the strategy was adopted.

But anything that was learned can be unlearned, once it is no longer needed. You really sound like you want to find your own voice now, instead of deferring to others who tell you what to think and feel, and that is the necessary first step to changing course.

Incidentally, I speak from experience. Being bullied throughout my school years taught me to think horrible, insulting things about myself. When I wasn't in school being torn to shreds, I was tearing myself to shreds internally everywhere else. That's not a way to live, and I had to identify and root out that habit in order to really be myself, and be at peace with myself.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I remember that I was once able to 'see' malicious or evil entities when they attacked me though?

Either from the 'lights' you could see in the dark form into shapes or in a half-dream state where you could walk, run and hear like in the physical but could not speak. When I spoke to a few people they claimed it was 'physical' phenomenon. Dreams were also more lucid when I did not have any access to electronics?

And regarding being ungrounded/grounded I was always accused of being 'ungrounded from reality', and supposedly trying to 'deny reality infront' by placing hope or mind elsewhere? Up to even now by those who closely know me? To be honest here when I brought my awareness or a part of me back to a degree, I found that it wanted to retreat itself from this 'reality'(the present) and its harshness/inflexibility into the past/future/somewhere more flexible, or 2. "Change it for the better in the name of light"('LightWarrior path')? I can ignore/neglect a schedule that's infront of me if 'I' wanted to retreat from having to deal with it enough.

And yes I've also been ridiculed or criticised before I started putting in the question marks at the end of some 'declarations' you talked about. In that case I experienced also being portrayed as 'stupid' and mocked by the 'logical' kinds of people.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Still, now that you've learned more, are still learning more, and are older, you have options available to you. These options might not have existed when you were a child depending on the adults in your life for All Resources (food, clothes, shelter, love), and therefore felt compelled to stay in their good graces.

Now, you can embark on taking back your voice. Build the habit of making declarations, for starters. You needn't ask any third party about what you remember, what you felt, what you experienced, as happened even as recently as the post before mine. Those things are YOUR story to tell, and you need no one's permission to tell it, to remember, to feel, or to state your experiences. At least once a day, deliberately make statements of Facts According to Your Life Experience, and then own those suckers like a boss. Outmoded habits can always be shed, and new ones can be built to replace them.

If you're still stuck under the roof of those who demand that you process all mental and emotional things according to their rules, or with their permission, then start planning the ways that you will build enough resources and create enough income to get out of that situation. Controlling people like that will attempt to wrest back their control at every opportunity, but they have no right to make the rules for how you experience your own life.

Nobody is making fun of anybody here, not unless they like getting warnings and temp bans. Bullying is verboten in these forums, so this is a good place to try your wings.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:Still, now that you've learned more, are still learning more, and are older, you have options available to you. These options might not have existed when you were a child depending on the adults in your life for All Resources (food, clothes, shelter, love), and therefore felt compelled to stay in their good graces.

Now, you can embark on taking back your voice. Build the habit of making declarations, for starters. You needn't ask any third party about what you remember, what you felt, what you experienced, as happened even as recently as the post before mine. Those things are YOUR story to tell, and you need no one's permission to tell it, to remember, to feel, or to state your experiences. At least once a day, deliberately make statements of Facts According to Your Life Experience, and then own those suckers like a boss. Outmoded habits can always be shed, and new ones can be built to replace them.

If you're still stuck under the roof of those who demand that you process all mental and emotional things according to their rules, or with their permission, then start planning the ways that you will build enough resources and create enough income to get out of that situation. Controlling people like that will attempt to wrest back their control at every opportunity, but they have no right to make the rules for how you experience your own life.

Nobody is making fun of anybody here, not unless they like getting warnings and temp bans. Bullying is verboten in these forums, so this is a good place to try your wings.
Well I do live with somebody who extremely values 100% perfect order and highly hates any form of uncertainty or slightest disorder, with belief that everything should follow routine. Unfortunately the financial situation of the nation I'm in as you know.

A live in a kind of flat that has very little privacy because of how its built, unless nobody is at home so to say. Anybody can notice what anybody is up to and when you are doing something that does not follow 'order/routine', while they check on you they would go like "What the heck are you doing huh?". If I was caught doing conjurations they would freak out and think I'm summoning demons/evil spirits no matter what you say.

The best way would be also to look at how the people of old that lived like this used to meditate/practice when they did not have alot of privacy, since nearly everybody in old times lived in a hut or home with no corridors to hide you where everybody can notice what you're doing. Many people who practiced 'witchcraft' were outcasts in that society that lived out in the forest, which I have still been put with for some reason in now and also my previous lifetime(reading revealed to me). I really hate the 'intolerant villager' mindset.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

ServantofJustice wrote:
DualWanderer3 wrote:Why not have both sides running at the same time.Like yin and yang have both balence each other out so you aren't to much on ether side.

blessed be
Because mine isn't balanced, I might be oppressed by the condition of whatever it is that's causing an imbalance or some other inability factor/that part of my mind is oppressing me? Hence I might need to gain an additional ability or find a way to correct the balance by adding enough.
It's caused by longstanding habit. The way to retrain yourself into a new habit is to learn how to let stray thought pass through unacknowledged.

And the first attempt will go something like:

<meditate meditate meditate>
<stray thought>
"Oh no! A distraction! Must... tune... it... out..."
<concentrates HARD on Tuning It Out>
"Oh no! I'm so focused on avoiding distractions, it's distracting me!"

Anyone who thinks I'm kidding hasn't been a rank beginner at meditation. :lol: So don't be horrified when early sessions go like this. Focus on Utterly Ignoring unwanted thoughts, not blocking them out with massive amounts of effort. That'll get rid of them sooner, and without detracting from your meditation efforts, because you'll be spending zero attention, effort, or energy on them.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

If you live with one or more busybodies, practice before anyone else is awake, after everyone else is asleep, or at another location entirely. Maybe your local library or park will be a viable option.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I noticed a major issue I have when trying to meditate is that I often have phlegm or a blocked nose to some degree, especially when in the morning. I tried to do meditation focused only on breathing and managed to slightly shift my consciousness to a point where it was a little intimidating for me for whatever reasons or I just somehow snapped out of it after a few seconds-a minute for some reason, when lying down on a bed. I also discovered that my heads might be less overflowed or overwhelmed by thoughts/feelings if all sounds from the physical are shut out somehow.

Am I supposed to shut down all my senses or a part of me and use another?

I went to sleep after the session few minutes after I attempted and had a 'vivid dream' since a long time in a while: http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/pos ... ml#p725002

Which discussed my meditation attempts and my image of myself, kind of city I live in at the beginning, talking about my conflict with the world in the middle part, struggle against injustice(disadvantages or advantages, such as even enemies getting an advantage over me in empathic ability if its true I fall short in that area within narration just before the scene) and the third part about problem solving, nit picking for a solution until it ran late past the 'opening hours' or maximum stay allowed in a place.

Dragulf888
new here
new here
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: THE ONE TRUE GOD
If I could be anything, I would be...: ABSOLUTE INCARNATION
My magical/paranormal name...: ELIJAH THE LIGHT

a distraction is a distraction shutting out your senses is one method however there are subconscious things that youve put off that will manifest when youre in the best state to handle them which just happens to be what you didnt want to do. what i suggest is understanding your frequency on a more bodily level feel how fast youre vibrating and the vibration of whatever comes up before your minds eye
from your pineal gland youve gotta control the vibration of all your bodies and in doing so you can actively shift between presentations as if going through messages in your phone
ive used a clap to disrupt the energy and a shift in frequency and the imagery of it braking like a smashed mirror before/as i shift to the frequency that which i wish to focus upon

also making sure you keep your energy cycling and your emotional state leaning more toward peace and happiness than fear and anger its all about balance

Return to “Astral Projection/OBE”