Are there any djinn on the lighter side?

Flyingfish90
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 99
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal Hestia
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Hello Hollowites!

No, I am not asking if there are any WA Djinn, I know they are all DA, but are any on the lighter side like Gargoyles? I'd like to dip my toe in the DA but I don't want something I can't handle. Advice and reccomendations are appreciated! 1mg

“It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Keeper of: 7 angels, 1 Phoenix, 5 faeries, 1 Hippogryph, 1 Gryphon, 1 amphisbaena, 1 Volk, 1 Fylgia, 1 Duojna, 1 hippocampus, 1 arkan sonney, 2 dragons, 1 unicorn, 1 nixie.

Coming soon: Nephilim, Gargoyle, human spirit, Arkann sonney, woodland fae, several surprise reverse adoptions!
CrashingDown
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: A secret.

I absolutely LOVE my Marid, E. He is a doll. :D He gives me warm fuzzy feelings when I play music he enjoys, he's fond of sending me scents of flowers, and occasionally likes to touch my arm or stroke my hair. Yet I have another Marid who had some terrible experiences and doesn't want to work with anyone but me--not even the other spirits in my Keep. She's shy and grumpy and has even stung my hand with her vessel a couple of times when she thought I was doing something stupid. I deserved every bit of it, because I was doing something dumb. But she's very caring in her own way, even if I occasionally wish she'd use a lighter touch. :lol:

Honestly, they're all lovely. I was personally afraid of Ifrit until I met one who is the companion of another CHer. He was stern and a bit intimidating, and I doubt he's as cuddly with his Keeper as I am with most of my Djinn, but also nothing like what I was expecting. He was very thoughtful, actually, and talented.

If you don't think you're ready, don't do it--but I think the Marid are a good place to start.

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." --Albert Einstein
Flyingfish90
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

CrashingDown wrote:I absolutely LOVE my Marid, E. He is a doll. :D He gives me warm fuzzy feelings when I play music he enjoys, he's fond of sending me scents of flowers, and occasionally likes to touch my arm or stroke my hair. Yet I have another Marid who had some terrible experiences and doesn't want to work with anyone but me--not even the other spirits in my Keep. She's shy and grumpy and has even stung my hand with her vessel a couple of times when she thought I was doing something stupid. I deserved every bit of it, because I was doing something dumb. But she's very caring in her own way, even if I occasionally wish she'd use a lighter touch. :lol:

Honestly, they're all lovely. I was personally afraid of Ifrit until I met one who is the companion of another CHer. He was stern and a bit intimidating, and I doubt he's as cuddly with his Keeper as I am with most of my Djinn, but also nothing like what I was expecting. He was very thoughtful, actually, and talented.

If you don't think you're ready, don't do it--but I think the Marid are a good place to start.
Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I am a ways off from getting a djinn, but they are on my to get list. I will look into Marid djinns! 1ey

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Keeper of: 7 angels, 1 Phoenix, 5 faeries, 1 Hippogryph, 1 Gryphon, 1 amphisbaena, 1 Volk, 1 Fylgia, 1 Duojna, 1 hippocampus, 1 arkan sonney, 2 dragons, 1 unicorn, 1 nixie.

Coming soon: Nephilim, Gargoyle, human spirit, Arkann sonney, woodland fae, several surprise reverse adoptions!
Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Bahai Djinn, Cleopatra Djinn and Egyptian Djinn.

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
CrashingDown
active contributor
active contributor

Flyingfish90 wrote:Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I am a ways off from getting a djinn, but they are on my to get list. I will look into Marid djinns! 1ey
You're very welcome! I do want to point out that all of the Djinn I have worked with have been absolutely wonderful, but sometimes it can take some work to earn their trust. If you start the process full of doubt or fear, they may sense that and not be as willing to work with you. Don't take the step of bringing them into your life until you're really ready.

They are powerful, but they are also beautiful, caring, and--if you reciprocate--loving beings who want as much happiness for you as you want for them. Respect them, respect what they can do, and you'll find they are some of the most genuinely appreciative and helpful spirits in your Keep.

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." --Albert Einstein
Flyingfish90
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

CrashingDown wrote:
Flyingfish90 wrote:Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I am a ways off from getting a djinn, but they are on my to get list. I will look into Marid djinns! 1ey
You're very welcome! I do want to point out that all of the Djinn I have worked with have been absolutely wonderful, but sometimes it can take some work to earn their trust. If you start the process full of doubt or fear, they may sense that and not be as willing to work with you. Don't take the step of bringing them into your life until you're really ready.

They are powerful, but they are also beautiful, caring, and--if you reciprocate--loving beings who want as much happiness for you as you want for them. Respect them, respect what they can do, and you'll find they are some of the most genuinely appreciative and helpful spirits in your Keep.
Oh wow, thanks for letting me know that about their personalities! I am definitley aware DA spirits can require a firm hand and a keeper with confidence, but I respect all spirits of course. Thank you so much for the advice!

CrashingDown
active contributor
active contributor

You're welcome, and good luck. :D

Return to “Djinn / Genie”