Did what happen in Hellenic mythology 'actually occur'?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I mean what happened between Cronus and Zeus, the golden age being removed afterwards and Prometheus's prophecy that one of Zeus's sons will overthrow him too eventually? Somebody else last time said to not trust mythology too much but I would like to hear what anybody else has to say. And what would it most likely mean if Prometheus's prophecy came true which hasn't yet?

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless

ServantofJustice wrote:I mean what happened between Cronus and Zeus, the golden age being removed afterwards and Prometheus's prophecy that one of Zeus's sons will overthrow him too eventually? Somebody else last time said to not trust mythology too much but I would like to hear what anybody else has to say. And what would it most likely mean if Prometheus's prophecy came true which hasn't yet?
Yes and no and it all happened/is happening/will be happening somewhere, somewhen.
Don't believe that everything depends on our timeline or sense of time.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Yes. Myth is true.

However you have to bare in mind that mythology has always been passed down and changed through stories, to some extent atleast. So whether all mythology is completely accurate to what originally happened is a bit of a mystery that no one can fully 100% confirm.
Also mythology is mostly gone from the modern age in that a lot of it is lost to time.

I do not know anything about Hellenic mythology. Out of interest, what is Prometheus's prophecy? The chances are this probably did happen.

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
Zodiac:

WhimsicalSage wrote:Yes. Myth is true.

However you have to bare in mind that mythology has always been passed down and changed through stories, to some extent atleast. So whether all mythology is completely accurate to what originally happened is a bit of a mystery that no one can fully 100% confirm.
Also mythology is mostly gone from the modern age in that a lot of it is lost to time.

I do not know anything about Hellenic mythology. Out of interest, what is Prometheus's prophecy? The chances are this probably did happen.
I've never undertook alot of 'science' based studies but I did undertake lots of history based studies, would be good to move past the limits. I thought that these things happened in the astral instead of in the physical or happened there but affected the physical.

Was Cronus really sent to Tartarus then released afterwards later on in making peace with Zeus/unless they stayed enemies? He can still be worked with or invoked.

Prometheus does hold the prophecy then of what state of world we will have if after Zeus is not in power? Has anybody discovered anything yet on what would change?

Mythology says that Zeus wanted to make the world harsh for non-immortals, atleast mainly on the physical/Earth after he disposed of Cronus from power. Then Prometheus stepped in and tried to make it 'less bad', attempting to go against that to some degree before he was punished.

Return to “Immortals”