new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

Hi everyone,

I'm writing this today because I had a bit of an experience a couple of days ago and I can't really get it out of my head. I will say that I am completely new to the Occult and this is the first time that I've truly experienced anything that I would describe as "paranormal."

A few nights ago I was sleeping and woke up inexplicably at 4 AM. Upon trying to go back to sleep I found myself unable to move. Deep down I knew I was still in my room, my physical body anyway, however when I tried to look around (I was totally paralyzed by this point) what little I was able to make out didn't look like my room anymore, but somewhere else entirely. I recall there being something else present as well, next to where I was lying. I could just barely make out a whisper of something, as if it was trying to communicate with me; however this is the last thing that I remember before waking up hours later.

I've been looking online everywhere I could for the past 48 hours to see if anyone has any similar reports. What I found is that people are describing what I experienced as sleep paralysis. I've had sleep paralysis in the past, and I don't really know how to explain it other than the sleep paralysis I did have wasn't like this, this was different.

Like I said before I've never been superstitious. I've never truly believed in Spirits/Demons/Otherworldly beings. It's been a rough past couple of days because my entire lifetime of beliefs have been turned upside down in one night. I'm posting here because this community seems like it's the most welcoming to new people, and I was just hoping to see if I could maybe get some answers, because to tell you all the truth I'm pretty freaked out right now 1sa . Am I in danger?

Thanks,
Tate

CrashingDown
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: A secret.

Hi Tate,

From the sound of it, no, I don't think you're in danger. Rather, I think someone is trying to tell you something. Can you remember what was said? It's a good idea to keep a pen and paper handy next to the bed so you can keep a diary of this sort of thing.

If you cannot recall or were unable to hear what was said, and you wish to, clairaudience can be developed with time, patience, and dedication.

Welcome to Creepy Hollows, by the way. This is a great community for this sort of thing. :D Spend some time browsing the forum, I'm sure you'll find some answers.

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." --Albert Einstein
RandomLizard
new here
new here

CrashingDown wrote:Hi Tate,

From the sound of it, no, I don't think you're in danger. Rather, I think someone is trying to tell you something. Can you remember what was said? It's a good idea to keep a pen and paper handy next to the bed so you can keep a diary of this sort of thing.

If you cannot recall or were unable to hear what was said, and you wish to, clairaudience can be developed with time, patience, and dedication.

Welcome to Creepy Hollows, by the way. This is a great community for this sort of thing. :D Spend some time browsing the forum, I'm sure you'll find some answers.
Thank you very much for the reply. I'll grab a journal and pen and keep it by my bed. I'm just confused because I've never been contacted like this before. The more I look into this stuff the more interesting I find it. I'm glad to be here. Everyone seems so friendly.

I do want to try to communicate again, because if it was trying to tell me something it must have been important, right?

CrashingDown
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: A secret.

It usually is. Perhaps somebody who has been with you for a long time was like, "FINALLY! S/HE IS READY!" :lol:

You'll find a lot of spells and such in the shop, but it sounds like you've already got a leg up on things if someone is helping you astral project so they can talk with you. What I would suggest is going somewhere you won't be disturbed, and find something under "zen meditation binaural beats" that you find enjoyable. Meditate somewhere quiet and dark with that playing in the background. This one happens to be my personal favorite, but there are tons of them out there.

Just relax, let yourself go--and listen. You might also consider "calling out" in your mind for whoever was speaking with you to come back to repeat their message. Keep in mind their response might come in many forms--touch, sound, sensation, emotion, images--just try to listen and keep an open mind. :D

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." --Albert Einstein
carl9010234
neophyte
neophyte

By your description, I would guess that you have achieved a sort of astral projection during sleep paralysis. If my theory is correct then at this point you could not move much, but see into the Spiritual & Earthean realms at once (would explain why it looked like and not like your room) along with being able to see spirits more easily.

I guess that I had better define Magick. One definition is:
The art or science of causing change to occur in conformity to Will.
-Aleister Crowley
RandomLizard
new here
new here

carl9010234 wrote:By your description, I would guess that you have achieved a sort of astral projection during sleep paralysis. If my theory is correct then at this point you could not move much, but see into the Spiritual & Earthean realms at once (would explain why it looked like and not like your room) along with being able to see spirits more easily.
So.. if this is the case, how can I go into astral projection again? I've tried inducing sleep paralysis again, but I can't seem to make it work.

carl9010234
neophyte
neophyte

RandomLizard wrote:So.. if this is the case, how can I go into astral projection again? I've tried inducing sleep paralysis again, but I can't seem to make it work.
There are many different ways on how to achieve this. I would check out here http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/forum276.html for a tactic that works for you. Although (arguably) the most important points are to not force it and relax. Don't be discouraged if you don't get it right off the bat, I'm still working on controlling it as well.

I guess that I had better define Magick. One definition is:
The art or science of causing change to occur in conformity to Will.
-Aleister Crowley

Return to “Paranormal Experiences”