neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: A secret.

Re: Why are you Spirit Keeping?

Postby CrashingDown » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:37 pm

Having the choice which spirits to keep around, not having to worry about unbounds causing trouble, and having the protection of spirits who actually care about me, is a nice change of pace. At first I was mostly interested in having protection from unbounds and the added luck/prosperity, but I'm actually more astounded that they're helping me learn about myself and develop abilities I didn't know I had.

They are a true treasure, and I'm enjoying the learning process. Not to mention their company. ;)

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." --Albert Einstein

SandraLynne1968
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Postby SandraLynne1968 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:15 pm

I am not yet spirit keeping. I'm still trying to figure out if it is for me. I feel that starting at the "companion keeper" level is probably a good starting point for a newcomer. That being said, I am wondering if it is possible to bind with spirits of people I knew in life. If so, is there a process by which I can contact and bind with them myself? At the moment, I am in looking for just the right box for keeping spirits and then I will begin the journey of enchanting said box for my dearly beloved spirits.

ruis2002
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Postby ruis2002 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:05 pm

creepyhollows wrote:There may be multiple answers to this question and that is perfectly normal. Spirit Keepers do so for companionship, to learn about different worlds & periods of time, to strengthen natural abilities, to develop extra abilities, to learn about spell casting, the paranormal & magic and a host of other reasons... the primary of which is just naturally being drawn to them.....

...... Some work with spirits in complement to their spell casting & magic because spirits can offer insight, assistance & support through energy & power. And most do so to share life & company.

I remember reading a book called "The Magical Use of Thought Forms" several years ago, and being interested in tulpas, but it was difficult to find much information about it online, so I think I donated the book, and forgot about it.

A few years later, I was reading "The Soulmate Secret" by Arielle Ford, and she talked about "feelingizations" and how she could almost feel the presence of her soulmate in the room before he manifested. I read another book by Kathryn Alice that mentions how it's important to create a "mental equivalent" of the thing you want to manifest.

So... I tried to manifest my soulmate by writing a simple summary of what he would be like and how I would know he had arrived. In the months before I met someone (who ultimately rejected me, so was a false soulmate in the end), I started having experiences of being held in the arms of someone not visibly present. I had a *very* definite feeling of a male entity holding me tightly in his arms, usually when I was in bed and feeling very depressed and low that I wasn't meeting anyone and hating being alone.

This entity-embrace occurred several times over the course of 4 or 5 months. Often enough, I thought I might be close to meeting my special guy.

In retrospect, I now wonder if I created a kind of servitor or incubus or some other type of thought form? I am interested in learning more about servitors, tulpas and other thought forms.

Has anyone else here ever created a thought form/being in this way? What would you call it? It wasn't exactly a servitor; it only appeared when I really needed a hug, and seemed to just want to comfort me.

I ordered a couple of custom servitors, and an incubus, from this website today and I'm eager to begin working with them and exploring this a lot more.

Thanks!

Ruis2002 <3 <3 <3

DiscreetGoddess
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Still Learning
If I could be anything, I would be...: Kitsune
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Umbra

Postby DiscreetGoddess » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:42 am

I enjoy the paranormal, and I've always loved objects and beings with a paranormal feel/supernatural abilities. As for why I started to turn towards spirits is mainly for a purpose in life, and someone to do things for. I might eventually go more in depth, but for now I'd rather not.

Not all those that wonder are lost...but I sure am <3

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”