How does one switch off the 'analyzing/overthink' part of your head?

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

One other disadvantage of "switching off" senses or mental activities is that it requires attention -- diligence, even -- and that state of constant vigilance creates the precise opposite of the mental state you're looking to create by meditating.

Ignoring the sensory input (other than legit crises like smoke alarms... tell your subconscious it's OK to respond to the external stimuli that really do require attention) is far easier, and more compatible with building the mental meditative state. So when the stray thought or the random sensory input arises, let them just pass right on by without acknowledgement. That approach lets you stay relaxed and doesn't disrupt the task at hand.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:One other disadvantage of "switching off" senses or mental activities is that it requires attention -- diligence, even -- and that state of constant vigilance creates the precise opposite of the mental state you're looking to create by meditating.

Ignoring the sensory input (other than legit crises like smoke alarms... tell your subconscious it's OK to respond to the external stimuli that really do require attention) is far easier, and more compatible with building the mental meditative state. So when the stray thought or the random sensory input arises, let them just pass right on by without acknowledgement. That approach lets you stay relaxed and doesn't disrupt the task at hand.
Good point. My form of 'over-analyzing' is also rather strongly linked to what causes shyness in people and focusing my intuition in a 'extroverted' way rather than directly putting it in the mind's eye line of sight, on the other hand you have the 'troubleshoot the problem' use for it in which I want to get past the limits of my ego sometimes if I can't sense something going on with it. Would I need to use it when making sure I shut down from that state so recommendations?

For last time's discussion I am not the type of person who would do well at maths or 'practical' science at first try but fail to comprehend it without very in-depth explaining at most times from experience. The moment its philosophy, anthropology, theology or history though suddenly I'm very good at it.

I could have managed to achieve a state briefly that kind of felt like 'death' that I got out of cause it seemed scary but when I went to sleep I had a more vivid dream which I made a thread about on the dreams forum.

Other times when I did the exercise to improve creativity I may have gotten pictures of faces, some of which looked disturbing in my mind like 'undead' but which I tried to not be scared of. Still that was progress.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

One of my recommendations is to track down some guided meditations either online or in apps, so you can try the "listening to instructions and following along" method to achieving the meditative state. If trying to fly solo is causing the self-doubt to crop up and sabotage the process, then maybe NOT flying solo is an option.

Mind you, the issue of tuning out the self-doubt still will have to be confronted eventually, if it doesn't happen now. That is not a step that can be skipped over forever. But perhaps the guided meditations will jump-start the meditation process and get THAT going, while you seek out other methods to confront that inner doubter and teach it some new boundaries.

Because yes, we need to think of consequences of our potential actions prior to actually doing something major, The ability to question what will happen as a result of our actions has its uses and can prevent problems. But it stops being a useful thing when we obsess on potential consequences until we are paralyzed into inaction on all fronts, and/or if we ONLY see the possible bad outcomes and never once perceive that something good might result from something we do.

And it's that last paragraph that underlies my previous suggestions for muggle counseling, since the process will go far more easily with a trained person guiding you in the process, compared to trying to fix it alone with no map, no guidelines, no training, etc.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.

Return to “Astral Projection/OBE”