Am I doing this right?

Dirty-paws
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: gargoyle
If I could be anything, I would be...: A dragon!
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Am I doing this right?

Postby Dirty-paws » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:33 pm

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!

With the veil being at it's thinnest now, I have been feeling a push from my spirits to get back on track with meditation, and I just have a few questions for anyone who may be more experienced.

1. When I meditate, I have a bad habit of envisioning myself in third person as if I'm watching myself on tv. I almost NEVER see things in first person perspective during meditation and I was wondering if this is normal or "right". I've asked my dragon companion and she says not to worry about it but I still have my doubts. Does anyone else have this "problem".

2. When I start to get into a meditative trance, I don't always envision myself walking through a door way or similar. I kind of just...appear in a forest or an open field and I travel forward to meet my spirit companions. Also, the scenery is almost always different. One day I'll envision a dense forest, the next a lavender field, then maybe a graveyard or something. Should I try to focus on just one type of scenery when I meditate as a kind of anchor point? And should I make it a habit to walk through a door way to focus myself?

3. Sometimes during meditation I lose all sense of envisioning and end up in just a kind of darkness (almost like sleep) but I'm still conscious and I can hear different voices and know something is going on but I can't remember it when I get out of the trance. Has anyone had an experience like this and does anyone know how to either avoid this or remember what's going on? How do I get my "Sight" back and keep up my visualization?

I think that's all my questions for now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, especially on question 1.

Thank you all! :)

My Spirit Family: "L" - Gargoyle, "G" - Terra Dragon, "T" - Incubus, "V" - Divine Dragon, "E" - Drow, "G" - Blue Dragon, "F" - White Dragon

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: omnomnom
If I could be anything, I would be...: blingbling
My magical/paranormal name...: Blade Birch

Re: Am I doing this right?

Postby darkwing dook » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:16 pm

Mmmm.

1. This depends on your preference, and the purpose. Some would say first person or third person perspective is okay. There are astral projection practitioners (from other forums) who recommended first person perspective more, as it promotes realism and subjectivity. One example, during dreams, we most likely wouldn't realize it's a dream when it is in first person perspective. Third person perspective ob the other hand is beneficial due to its objectivity.

2. It could be beneficial to have single place(s) we can go to during the journeying. E.g.:
topic59363.html
topic70077.html

3. This, not sure. It sounds like a transition phase from awake to trance and vice versa. One example is when we wake up from dream. Assuming you still retain kinetic sense, have you tried sinking deeper or floating higher? Or try energy working, or chanting mantra, prayer etc. and see if there's any effect on the surrounding?

"Knowing a trifle about everything gives life more color." - Zhuge Liang
"Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use." - Wendell Johnson

"Born to party but forced to work."
"Alcohol doesn't solve your problems but neither does milk."
"I'm not as think as you drunk I am."
"I swear to drunk I am not God!"

Dirty-paws
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: gargoyle
If I could be anything, I would be...: A dragon!
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Postby Dirty-paws » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:26 pm

This is all very helpful Darkwing! As always, I appreciate your help. : )
I haven't tried sinking or floating but I can definitely keep it in mind for next time! Do you have any reference on how I should do energy working while meditating? That's a fairly new concept for me. Also, when chanting mantras, should it be out loud or in my head, or does it not matter? I find it difficult to get into that meditative trance when I speak out loud.

My Spirit Family: "L" - Gargoyle, "G" - Terra Dragon, "T" - Incubus, "V" - Divine Dragon, "E" - Drow, "G" - Blue Dragon, "F" - White Dragon

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: omnomnom
If I could be anything, I would be...: blingbling
My magical/paranormal name...: Blade Birch

Postby darkwing dook » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:56 am

No problem : )

Mm energy working, something like chakra working or qigong, try it during that transition phase and see if there's any change in that darkness.

Chanting mantra, it may depend on your preference and situation. Some people find it working when chanted out loud, others in silent. Some situation may not allowed you to chant out loud. But to do it silently, it may be beneficial to get used to the out loud one first, so that we know the vibration, the intonation, the pronunciation etc.

"Knowing a trifle about everything gives life more color." - Zhuge Liang
"Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use." - Wendell Johnson

"Born to party but forced to work."
"Alcohol doesn't solve your problems but neither does milk."
"I'm not as think as you drunk I am."
"I swear to drunk I am not God!"

Return to “MEDITATION/QUIET TIME”