new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 5
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

I´ve talked about this topic with someone in the chat before who was quite experienced, and i also find meditating while lying much more comfortable and relaxing. But recently i learned more about chakra cleaning and stuff, and it kept me thinking if it it as effective as the standart position. What are you guesses/experience? and are they any bad side effect?

(ill get kinda restless with the standart position, and can´t really focus or let go, thats why i searched for alternatives)

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

If it's bedtime and it's OK if I drift off to sleep, I don't mind meditating while lying down. But if my goal is to stay awake the whole time, then I try to sit upright. Because I absolutely have fallen asleep more than once, if I'm especially relaxed.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

90% of the time I meditate while lying down. I start to feel kind of dizzy if I try to meditate sitting upright, so for me lying down is more relaxing and comfortable.

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Being able to be aware in every position has its uses. The trouble with reclining is that it is easy to spend more time in regular sleep than actual meditation without even knowing it. In addition to sitting, you also have standing and walking meditations to choose from. The point of systems like Yoga is to train the body to be able to hold different meditation postures for long enough to be useful.

DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 23
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Likes2Read wrote:If it's bedtime and it's OK if I drift off to sleep, I don't mind meditating while lying down. But if my goal is to stay awake the whole time, then I try to sit upright. Because I absolutely have fallen asleep more than once, if I'm especially relaxed.
What if you fall over while sitting up.When I've tried it sitting up and got relaxed I could feel my body start falling to ether the left or right side and the jolt of that happening out of the blue took me out of it instantly.

blessed be

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Do you go to the side even when you are leaning back against a wall?

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”