asking angels in regards with religion

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Huffdamagicdragon wrote:Muslims, as I understand it, are threatened with death if they ever question the validity of quran. I can't imagine any god falling off his throne because someone dared to question his existence. To put it the way on christian preacher I once heard... GOD, TO BE GOD, HAS NO NEEDS. So if I dare to ask for proof he exists, He suffers no damage. If Allah be the same as Yahweh, then why are they so different? Why are so many muslims set on the destruction of the people which according to christians, was the chosen people to bring forth the son of god?
Agree with the concept of God or Creator here:)
But not that many Muslims, depending on the place. Not all are following the Wahabi/Salafi doctrine:) Currently I'm tutoring one Muslim girl to see other religions' way of thinking because her surrounding make her intolerant (she's the one who came to me to learn). Sometimes she really infuriates me, but mostly because she doesn't know what she's thinking is actually disrespectful to other religions...
Huffdamagicdragon wrote:I have read but cannot remember where, that Mohammed questioned the identity of the angel that claimed his name was Gabriel because he had blue skin and that blue skin meant to Arab people that he was demonic.
This is new, and very interesting because some Indian deities also have blue skin. I'd really like to see the references, if you find them again:)
Huffdamagicdragon wrote:I have friends at work that are Muslim and I sometimes ask myself if they are pretending to be my friends since I am aware of the doctrine of taqiyya. I have not revealed to them that I know of taqiyya which means they are allowed to lie to you to gain a strategic advantage.
Taqiya is quite prevalent in the Islamic Shia teaching. However, with doctrine or not, people lie, both for good reasons or bad.
Mmmh, what you're thinking is actually what many Muslims back home think about the people from other religions. I can only say, trust your instinct and intuition. If you feel they're hiding something bad, maybe put some distance:)
Huffdamagicdragon wrote:I should also add that the teachings of Jesus are NOT the same as the teachings of the CHURCH he supposedly founded.
This is of course true for the teachings of Muhammad. So many different interpretations, fatwa, etc. etc. with supporters saying theirs is the true and right way:I

But back to topic, angels are nice, whichever religion the keepers' are

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Huffdamagicdragon
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1801
Spelled Number: 568
Your favorite spirit to work with: Lampades
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: DämonZerstörer

Huffette introduced me to the archangels 32 or 33 years ago. It was then that I realized I could sense what I could not see or hear.They identify themselves to ME with a certain touch on my face. It is difficult to describe the feeling but each of them is different.I have learned so much since then. I can request God's presence and usually get an airy feeling in my chest that is also difficult to describe and at the same time I get the feeling he is telling me things I fail to hear but somehow it still makes me make certain choices that lead me to be where I need to be.

wayyy too many in my keep to count let alone list
mostly djinn and dragons though
☆Aytide☆
active contributor
active contributor
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Magickian
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

darkwing wrote:Yeah, but that verses specifically said disbelievers and polytheists, which mean pagan. Christians and Jews are thought to be in line, thus ideally it's alright.
The prohibition would be because of culture, politic, and other worldly affairs. For example, if Muslim men can marry Christian or Jewish woman, isn't it fair if Muslim women can also marry Christian or Jewish men? But because it's not allowed, it's easier to just prohibit interfaith marriage:)
Most laymen don't bother to study the Holy Books (all of them from all the religions), so they're easier to control. Those of us who learn can simply be subdued through peer pressure, social penalties, and threats:I
Agree with all what you've said! ^^ Thank you for your response i really like it, maybe i should just tell my family about this in case someone in my family wants to marry a christian or jewish but other family members wont allow it hehe

Santa Muerte, Saint Death,
we pray to you to swallow our breath
Zaman7
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I was born am Muslim and I'm an Arab as well. Non Arab Muslims sometimes can have a different and less strict view, due to the translated texts. I'm also very close to Saudi Arabia and in a country influenced by SA clerks and their fatwas. My family is Salafi/Sunni which makes my environment severely strict. But here I'm here in a paranormal forum:)

This upbringing has affected me severely. I wasn't religious. I have read many books and I have an excellent knowledge of what Islam and it's teachings is about - but I didn't practice it. Praying, going to Mecca etc

But I still had a fear inside of me, a fear of being punished for being a non-practicing Muslim. I question Quran and Hadeeth all the time (Hadeeth is Mohammed's teachings) and this a huge no-no.

A lot of things don't make sense and are contradictory. I strongly believe it was the Caliphates of various dynasties who changed the Quran according to their political needs.

They were probably the one who added that "the holy texts are preserved by god". Neat isn't it?! Change the texts and then add this little sentence, to make Muslims believe the Quran is preserved.

Yes I had fear in me especially when I first thought of having angels.
Even me choosing angels was influenced by Islam -- as Islam mainly talk about two entities: angels and jinns. It speaks of Demons but they are considered non believing jinns.

But the biggest fear came from praying to the holy archangels, especially Gabriel/ Jebreel.

In Islam, only three were mentioned in Quran: Gabriel, Michael/Mikal and Israphel (whom I can't detect which one he is in Christianity. Could be Raphael or Uriel). Gabriel and Michael being favorites, especially Gabriel.

I finally managed to pray to many of them except Gabriel. I was too afraid of what he'll say to me. Will he scold me for not being a good muslim? Tell me Allah is mad at me? Hell is waiting for me?

Eventually I did call upon him and he came. I prayed to him, asked him for help and loved his warm and balanced energies. And that about it really. I didn't have the courage to ask him nor the other archangels. Not even my own angels. The lingering fear still exists somehow.

But upon reading this thread, and those who have actually asked and got an answer, I am now feeling less fearful and more convinced in my own beliefs.

It's interesting how when I told my friends, one was in complete denial that a "normal" person can have angels.

Muslims strongly and firmly believe in jinns and that they can harm a person but will not believe that angels can help a person unless he or she is super religious.

In Ramadan, there is a special night, called the Night of Destiny, in which the religious, praying muslim is visited by Gabriel and he tells the Muslim that god has forgiven all their sins, that they were chosen in this special night and all their wishes will be granted.
It's like an honor and all Muslims dream of being chosen. The exact date of this night is unknown so Muslims are urged to get extra religious in the last days of Ramadan to be granted a visit by Gabriel.

So my friend doesn't ever believe any person can have an angel helping them, let alone a holy archangel.

But Muslims are right about one thing: jinns are everywhere! It seems that jinns prefer the Middle East region. Actually I have been told they prefer it, the energy, and even the children (whatever this means). Even the names I see when I check their listings are mostly Arabic.

That's why there are many Islamic protective measures against jinns. And when I read the Islamic descriptions of type of jinns, I discover they are actually other types of entities like Succubi, and Incubi but Islam just name them all jinns.

And again, because of me belonging to a Muslim family, I have never liked jinns nor thought of keeping them. But people change so maybe I'll do in the future.

I still fear though that me being born a Muslim, I'm still held accountable for not believing in it while those who weren't born one are not -- and that's why the archangels gave them that answer. Maybe if I ask, I'll receive a different answer..?! *sighs*

Thanks for this thread. It gave me a lot to think about.

Lucy. Aslan. Tumnus. ~❤️
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Zaman7 wrote:I was born am Muslim and I'm an Arab as well. Non Arab Muslims sometimes can have a different and less strict view, due to the translated texts. I'm also very close to Saudi Arabia and in a country influenced by SA clerks and their fatwas. My family is Salafi/Sunni which makes my environment severely strict. But here I'm here in a paranormal forum:)
Once I asked a guy from Dubai about Sufism, and he deemed me as a blasphemer. One big mistake, I must admit, was not checking thoroughly whether a person was open-minded enough to talk about esoteric and metaphysical stuff. And beware of Salafi/Wahabi:/
Zaman7 wrote:This upbringing has affected me severely. I wasn't religious. I have read many books and I have an excellent knowledge of what Islam and it's teachings is about - but I didn't practice it. Praying, going to Mecca etc
Yaay, another one with this kind of knowledge but not as strict as those before:D
Zaman7 wrote:In Islam, only three were mentioned in Quran: Gabriel, Michael/Mikal and Israphel (whom I can't detect which one he is in Christianity. Could be Raphael or Uriel). Gabriel and Michael being favorites, especially Gabriel.
Yep, Israfil is the counterpart of Raphael in biblical literature, but also an alternative name of Uriel for Jewish people. He's not mentioned specifically in Quran, though, just his trumpet.

And you forgot Malak al-Maut/Angel of Death, generally accepted as Izrail/Azrael, and Malik, the Guardian of Hell. Also Harut and Marut, if your teaching considered them as angel.
Zaman7 wrote:It's interesting how when I told my friends, one was in complete denial that a "normal" person can have angels.
That's strange. It is written that everyone, i.e. the "normal" persons, has guardian angels appointed to him/her in Quran (13:11). Denying it means your friends don't believe in Quran, which of course is okay if they're not Muslims:)
Zaman7 wrote:But Muslims are right about one thing: jinns are everywhere! It seems that jinns prefer the Middle East region. Actually I have been told they prefer it, the energy, and even the children (whatever this means). Even the names I see when I check their listings are mostly Arabic.

That's why there are many Islamic protective measures against jinns. And when I read the Islamic descriptions of type of jinns, I discover they are actually other types of entities like Succubi, and Incubi but Islam just name them all jinns.
Yep, the term "jinn" in the Islamic teaching is usually used for intelligent entities which are non-human and non-angel. And that means that "jinns" are everywhere, not only in Mid-East countries. If we focus on the djinn race, still they're not always in Mid-Eastern. There are also Norse djinn and Asian djinn in CH encyclopedia; there might be more in other regions.

About succubus, there is a similar one called qarinah in the Mid-Eastern culture, right?:)
Zaman7 wrote:And again, because of me belonging to a Muslim family, I have never liked jinns nor thought of keeping them. But people change so maybe I'll do in the future.
Understandable. The majority of Muslim usually consider that only Sulaiman/Solomon could keep jinns, and even Muhammad didn't. There is one story about him and his qarin, though.
Zaman7 wrote:I still fear though that me being born a Muslim, I'm still held accountable for not believing in it while those who weren't born one are not -- and that's why the archangels gave them that answer. Maybe if I ask, I'll receive a different answer..?! *sighs*
Rather than "born a Muslim", I think the better wording is "born in Muslim family/culture":)

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Enlightened
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Hey Zaman7

Your post was exactly what was in my head for so long but couldn't be articulated

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Bunni wrote:Religion is man made. It is used for a means to control the masses.

When I had angels, they followed Yahweh himself (which is what ALL religions ultimately look to) not any one religion specifically. There is no religion that everyone should follow, it is totally up to the individual and what they believe, and no religion is above another.
Religion has its uses, inasmuch as it gives us specific rituals to follow, prayers to say, etc. We are a ritual-driven species, to put it mildly. Just look at how pretty much every culture has its own rituals to follow, not just in terms of religion, but in terms of coming of age, graduation, marriage, and other significant events in life. It's almost as though we don't feel like we've taken that big step into the next phase of our lives unless we've ritualized it somehow.

Unfortunately, some folks who get deeply involved in a particular faith also close their minds off to the fact that their deity/-ies are FAR more than just the small amount of them that we can perceive with our limited scope of perception.

I continue to follow the Roman Catholic faith, because to me, that provides me with valid ways to worship the Infinite Creator that I'd be revering anyway. But I can understand why angels would just worship said God directly, rather than relying on specific religious rituals to do so. They're more directly connected to God and can perceive God in ways we can't even begin to imagine. They don't need religion to teach them the things they already know.

The only issues I have with religion is when people try to use theirs to club others over the head for falling short of what THEY expect of others. Doubly so when they don't hold themselves to the same high standards that they condemn others for not meeting. You know how it goes: making rules for everyone else and excuses for themselves. Those folks need to open their eyes and realize that they've diverted themselves onto a wrong path.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:The only issues I have with religion is when people try to use theirs to club others over the head for falling short of what THEY expect of others. Doubly so when they don't hold themselves to the same high standards that they condemn others for not meeting. You know how it goes: making rules for everyone else and excuses for themselves.
Yes, this.
And their reactions when you reapply the same rules for them. And how the others are not supporting you since most of them are the same behind the scene.

Angel Marie
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 16
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire and Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
Zodiac:

Religion as stated many times here is 100% man made. There isn't one superior to the other, the right one is the one you choose to adhere to due to your own personal beliefs. Religion creates separation which is the opposite of how things should be. How many wars have happened in the name of religion? How many deaths? Yahweh is love, and love is the opposite of hate, hence the opposite of war is it not?

Angels are everywhere, they don't appear in specific churches, they appear where love vibrates high. Most believe what they are taught to believe, but within every single one of us is the true knowledge. Some need a church, some are a church, which we all are because our individual connection to the divine is found within, not without :)

"Love is what we are born with. Fear is what we learn. The spiritual journey is the unlearning of fear and prejudices and the acceptance of love back in our hearts. Love is the essential reality and our purpose on earth. To be consciously aware of it, to experience love in ourselves and others, is the meaning of life. Meaning does not lie in things. Meaning lies in us."
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
Zodiac:

What would anybody say is the connection between the humans of old and angels talking about from the time period we call the 'middle ages Europe' or whatever? Including what the 'council' who rules/governs angels thinks of them, and the Vatican's authority over humans of making them comply to their wishes in how it was interpreted? Even if misguided they did in a way still try very hard to change themselves spiritually in order to be like them more and make others do so too.

Say how the Bronwyn angels helped the Catholic Church create the Sistine Chapel the encyclopedia says. Obviously would they not have had some sort of contact or connection? The Powers protect humans from demons, and our knowledge of them/the task they do does point out there was some kind of relationship that the humans of those times have built up with the angels. They kind of followed the 'light' path didn't they in a way still?

There would have been many willing humans who wanted their spirits collected by angels after death, and taken up to be made into their servants. Having yourself collected by the angels to serve them in their realm was considered the greatest honor, and something that all people were taught to pursue from an extremely young age maybe from 4 or 5 years up. How many spirits do you think the angels would have collected from the humans of old when they died/passed away?

Their society frequently tried to imitate and copy angelic values such as angelic purity, then apply them to humans in the way that they interpreted. Sometimes even very harsh discipline was applied by priests or parents to make the humans adopt them. It is why everybody was disciplined to act 'polite/gentle/pure' out in public while only keeping the other half in private, often always needing to create a justification whenever they did something 'not pure' to maintain purity.

Return to “Angels”