Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
Your favorite spirit to work with: Ubis
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Atlantes
Zodiac:

I know many people who experience the shadow people phenomenon even outside of the people who are interested in spirits and the like.

I was curious to see if anyone had any insight on what name they actually go by. I've experienced these beings throughout my childhood and early adulthood. I used to be terrified of them as a child because they would watch me while I was in bed and sometimes be at the side or the foot of my bed head tilted down staring at me. I always felt a sense of dread but that may have just been not being attuned to dark spirits yet. The last time I vividly saw one was during the day time. I was living at my parents house in my early 20's and I was awake but it was Saturday so I just sort of laid in bed and felt and heard a presence coming down the hall towards my room. Thinking it was my mom I rolled over to see and at the entrance of my door this tall 7ft shadow person stood hunched in my doorway just staring at me. It must have been a good couple of minutes of a staring contest before it turned around a left. Turned out I was alone in my house.

Are they actually gregori or watchers or something? I've always wondered what exactly their actual classification was.

3 sanguine Vampires, psy vampire, 3 succubus, 2 nymphs, 2 star faeries, red dragon, gold dragon, silver dragon, brass dragon, mononoke , althena djinn, arkan sonney, baku, incubus, wraith, gregori, 3 chargaros elementals, 2 Bezelles, ikubu.

Entities: concuan, succubus Queen

Immortals: Lilith, Helios, Isis, Thanatos

Infusions: Lilith
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Mmh, there is this thread:
http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/top ... ml#p364756

Hopefully others would share their knowledge : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Some of them may be gregori, or vamps, or watchers of the like, yes.
However some shadow people aren't, no.
I don't entirely understand the whole subject myself, just what I have learned from personal experience. But the "darkness" so to speak, tends to have a presence.
I am looking more into them, having developed an interest in the shadow/darker aspects, due to multiple reasons, one of which being a vision a close friend had, of me communing with the darkness/shadows, and embracing that side of "myself" so to speak.

An important thing to remember, just because it's in the shadows, doesn't mean it's bad, evil, or malicious. The dark represents, metaphorically, the unknown. It's not always something bad.
There are negative and malicious things, yes. But I wouldn't categorize them with "darkness", or "shadows".
It's why I will always refer to "bad" entities, as negative, or malicious, not "dark".

Here's some of the beings I have met/seen, which could be defined as darkness:

Feeders
Feeders are small negative energy feeders, that to me, astrally, look like dark blobs of ink, with two white eyes, which floats through the air. Sorta like a Gastly, from Pokemon.
As the name suggests, they cling to people whom are being negative, feeding on their angry/upset/etc - aura/emotions/thoughts, which tends to lead to a feedback loop of them, causing more of those emotions. As far as I know, they don't have much of a consciousness, and merely have one function in mind, to feed.
Then again, I haven't had the opportunity to talk to one before it started trying to nom my energy.
They're pretty basic on the defence level, as long as you're aware, and even by being more positive tends to deter them, along with the majority of protection magick.

Shadow Ghosts
They call themselves something different, however, to preserve their privacy until such a time they wish to be known more openly, I shall keep some details private.
They live in their own isolated realm, which can only be accessed on certain days, due to certain alignments, which I won't divulge, but it's not a frequent occurrence, and I only happened to meet them by chance, but I'm very glad I did.
They are adorable black shadows, faintly reminding me of a cross between a Ghastly (Pokemon) and a Chao (Sonic), definitely on the cute side.
They have a form that reminds me of the head of a Chao (Sonic games), with a shadowy trail behind them, like a body, that can form arms and whatnot.
They keep to themselves, in their own society, playing/exploring/and the like, without much of a social hierarchy of any sort.
They are inquisitively curious, and on days that they are able to, some of them peek around earth on the astral plane, following people around and learning. Among other places.
But they do keep to themselves and wouldn't bother a fly, unless that fly was trying to attack it, lol.

Feeder Phantoms
Again, like above, a replacement name, to preserve the privacy, as I do not have permission to disclose their race from them, and I would rather have their permission before I talk about them, even though most people wouldn't be able to access their or the Shadow Ghosts' places, without knowing specifically how.
Feeder Phantoms reminded me initially of Feeders, but even more annoying. They were on a separate plane in astral, that most people cannot perceive, and act like feeders, grasping onto people and acting like a leech to their negative emotions.
Phantoms are a bit different however, in that they would attach to their host body if given the opportunity, and unlike normal Feeders, which would give up often if you showed resistance, these ones are persistent, and very difficult to get rid of, as I found a lot of normal magick doesn't affect them whatsoever.
However, I found out another story.
In what I mentioned above, my friend mentioning to me about what they saw in the vision, at one point I was helping a different friend, whom was having difficulty getting rid of something, which I found to be a Phantom.
I decided, before banishing it, to talk to it. See if it had any sort of awareness.
And it did.
So I inquired, why it was doing what it was doing, if it felt it was wrong, and was okay with that, or simply was the way it was.

It turns out, it was a need/desire. They don't have normal access to anything, and the energy in their world, they cannot feed on. Normally, like us humans, we get it from food, ambient energy, breathing, and so on. Your astral body intakes energy from the sun, life, ambient energy, and so forth.

These Phantoms, had a bit of a vampirism case. They weren't able to absorb from the same sources. Now, this doesn't excuse their actions, but, it made me think.
As if I could find an alternate, less human-attacking method for them, then that would solve that issue of them popping up, wouldn't it? Despite it being a very infrequent occurrence for them to appear, due to their place being a very obscure one astrally, it would help for any fringe cases. And they intrigued me.
Long story short, I figured out a way, as I found they could feed off of energy crystals, made astrally. So, if I get energy crystals for them to have, which would recharge from moonlight (astral items, not physics earth energy crystals) and so forth, they wouldn't have a need to feed on others.
I have yet to get a collective opinion, but I do believe they are reasonably minded. Just desperate, like a lot of humans would get, if locked away from food until nearly the breaking point.
Another detail I found, they find the human life fascinating. Another reason why they get a "host" somewhat ironically. They are curious how life is for us, as in comparison, it would seem like a pretty easy life, in a lot of ways.
Anyways, that's my ramble over.

Shadow Walkers
This is a placeholder name, as I don't actually know the name of these, individuals so to speak.
The shadowy figures I see out of the corner of my eye, or that creeping sensation, I associate with them however. I'm not sure "what" they are, other than that I have a sort of form myself astrally, which looks similar in some ways. I use it to tap into the more dark energies, and it's very, intriguing.

I found that fear tends to build on itself, as long as you are calm, and willing to face what you are afraid of, even mentally, the presence tends to calm.
I'm not sure quite much about what or who it is. It could even be something mental. But with how consistent the phenomenon is, I'm sure there is something. I'll be looking for it. To better understand myself too.

---

Wow that was a long post, but I hope it helped. :)

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

darkwing dook wrote:Mmh, there is this thread:
http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/top ... ml#p364756

Hopefully others would share their knowledge : )
Wow I was typing for over half an hour lmao. Went right past this XD

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.

Return to “Dark Arts”